craigscomputer

DS-156, interview in 10 hours!!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee's interview is in ten hours!

Question on the DS-156, we didn't fill in initially questions like any previous surname or middle name. Can we write those in now? will they not accept the form? Will they go over the forms and have her fill in any missing information?

I don't want something small to ruin everything

Was she previously married to have another name before ? Or some legal names she was using? If not just write none. That's what I wrote on my DS form back then. Hope somebody can verify more. Good luck

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline

no, she's never been married before, she has her CENOMAR statement. We didn't fill in those boxes because there was nothing to put in them. Is it okay to write in on the form after it has been printed out?

yep, that's perfectly ok. anyway, before the interview, they'll be checking the forms and make you do any corrections necessary.

ROC mailed to USCIS -- June 10, 2011

ROC approved -- November 1, 2011

finally free of USCIS paperwork!

japan, japan! sagot sa kahirapan!

smswp8wx7d.png

no, she's never been married before, she has her CENOMAR statement. We didn't fill in those boxes because there was nothing to put in them. Is it okay to write in on the form after it has been printed out?

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

If they require the DS-156 be done on-line and printed out (many embassies do, some don't) you cannot add information in any of the boxes after printing it out. Go back on-line and do a new one. The form is not submitted to the embassy on-line so don't worry about that. But, absolutely get the form right before she goes for the interview.

About what to put in the boxes. If none, put NONE.

sorry i was using my phone to answer so i messed up lol... anyways its good to answer all the blanks. write NONE or NA (whichever is appropriate)... and i did mix mine before too coz some last minute alteration.... hopefully it should be fine...

Edited by RonMay

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline

thanks that makes me feel better. I figured the screeners would look over everything and have them make corrections, but I'm so nervous right now, I don't want to assume anything. It makes me breath a little easier knowing both of you (fel and Ron) made hand corrections to the DS-156 and there wasn't a problem

We'll be glad when they say those words, you are approved.

Question on the DS-156, we didn't fill in initially questions like any previous surname or middle name. Can we write those in now? will they not accept the form? Will they go over the forms and have her fill in any missing information?

They will check your forms before giving you a number for interview. Once you missed some information that you need to fill up they will allow you to filled it up by hand writing. So, dont worry about it. But if you still have time to get online do it now and re-check before printing it. Good luck her interview... :star:

YES she can fill the DS 156 by hand. Have her fill all blanks. N/A and NONE where applicable. If she doesn't they will make her go to the back of the line. Glue the pics on also.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.