7 posts in this topic

USCIS and FBI Achieve Interim Backlog Elimination Goals

We’ve met another benchmark in our efforts to eliminate the FBI Name Check backlog.

As of mid-February, USCIS and the FBI had completed all name checks that were pending for more than six months. In doing so, we beat our publicly stated goal by almost two full weeks. With the milestone’s completion, the FBI and USCIS have met or exceeded the first six milestones outlined last summer.

And that might not be the most exciting news. We’re on track to meet our May 31 milestone of completing name check requests pending longer than 90 days. By the end of June, the FBI will complete 98-percent of USCIS name check requests within 30 days and process the remaining two percent within 90 days.

Let me put that into perspective. At the beginning of November 2007, there were nearly 350,000 pending name check requests. Of that total, more than 54,000 had been pending for more than two years. Another 55,000 had been pending for at least a year. Today, there’s a grand total of 6,756 pending name check requests. And of that number, not one has been pending for more than six months. In fact as of that February 17 snapshot, the FBI was completing 99.2 percent of all requests in less than 30 days.

The results speak for themselves. The effective elimination of the name check backlog means that USCIS can make more timely decisions about immigration applications and petitions. That includes cases with derogatory information and those that are otherwise approvable. In both the present and the future, USCIS and the FBI will continue to focus on sustaining the rigorous and efficient screening of each name check request. Our joint attention to eliminating the name check backlog will ensure we reward deserving, eligible applicants with benefits like U.S. citizenship and permanent residency in a more timely manner.

Mike Aytes Acting Deputy Director

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

post-61937-1237648192_thumb.jpg

We’ve met another benchmark in our efforts to eliminate the FBI Name Check backlog.

As of mid-February, USCIS and the FBI had completed all name checks that were pending for more than six months. In doing so, we beat our publicly stated goal by almost two full weeks. With the milestone’s completion, the FBI and USCIS have met or exceeded the first six milestones outlined last summer.

And that might not be the most exciting news. We’re on track to meet our May 31 milestone of completing name check requests pending longer than 90 days. By the end of June, the FBI will complete 98-percent of USCIS name check requests within 30 days and process the remaining two percent within 90 days.

Let me put that into perspective. At the beginning of November 2007, there were nearly 350,000 pending name check requests. Of that total, more than 54,000 had been pending for more than two years. Another 55,000 had been pending for at least a year. Today, there’s a grand total of 6,756 pending name check requests. And of that number, not one has been pending for more than six months. In fact as of that February 17 snapshot, the FBI was completing 99.2 percent of all requests in less than 30 days.

The results speak for themselves. The effective elimination of the name check backlog means that USCIS can make more timely decisions about immigration applications and petitions. That includes cases with derogatory information and those that are otherwise approvable. In both the present and the future, USCIS and the FBI will continue to focus on sustaining the rigorous and efficient screening of each name check request. Our joint attention to eliminating the name check backlog will ensure we reward deserving, eligible applicants with benefits like U.S. citizenship and permanent residency in a more timely manner.

Mariel, that is certainly great news!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just keep your faith in HIM.........we gout ours in 30 days...God works in mysterious ways.......

All the best...

Rose and Dan

Mariel, that is certainly great news!!

Proposed: 08/08/08

Married: January 21, 2009

CR-1 Visa Journey:

I-130 Journey

02/09/2009:Sent

02/13/2009:NOA1 Receipt

NO RFE

03/13/2009: NOA2 Receipt "APPROVED AT USCIS in 28 days"

03/16/2009: FORWARDED TO NVC

04/21/2009: NVC CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED MNLXXXXX

04/24/2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 by email

04/25/2009: Paid AOS/I-864 online

04/25/2009: Emailed DS 3032

04/28/2009: Received Payment Receipt for AOS/I-864

04/29/2009: Mailed barcoded DS3032/AOS/I-864

04/30/2009: NVC received I-864

05/01/2009: DS3032 accepted as per AVR

05/04/2009: Paid IV Bill

05/05/2009: IV Bill Receipt

06/09/2009: CFO Seminar

07/10/2009: Sent DS230

07/11/2009: NVC Received DS 230

07/22/2009:Case completed at NVC (thank GOD no RFE)

08/11/2009: Medical Passed (SLMEC)

09/11/2009: Interview PASSED

09/16/2009: Visa Received

09/26/2009: US Entry (POE SFO) "It was quick i was out in 20 minutes"

10/05/2009: SS# Received by Mail

10/13/2009: Green Card and Welcome Notice Received

10/20/2009: Applied for California ID

10/30/2009: Ca ID received

"In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities". Rose and Dan

Just keep your faith in HIM.........we gout ours in 30 days...God works in mysterious ways.......

All the best...

Wow in 30 days? that was AWESOME :thumbs:

Good for you! Congrats!

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

Seems utterly ridiculous that they EVER took more than 30-90 days for a name check. Thank goodness they considered it a priority, and best wishes for everyone still on their list.

Marriage : 2008-07-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Dec 22 2008 Transferred to California Service Center

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-12

NVC Received : 2009-1-16

Officially in AVR : 2009-1-17 emailed scanned DS 3032

DS 3032 generated and accepted via email/ AOS I-864 generated : 2009-1-23

Received I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Pay IV Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Send Completed I 864 and IV Package (overnight) : 2009-2-4 (had to wait for hubby's PC and original birth certificate to arrive)

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-2-11 !!!!

NVC Left : Received email March 3rd

Medical Completed : March 12, 2009

Interview Date : April 22, 2009. 8 am. VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa in Hand : April 27th, 2008!!! Arrival May 11th! POE JFK

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 101 days from your NOA1 date. NVC completed in 26 days! Interview was 201 days from Noa 1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thats awesome news! Hopefully they keep up!

Sarinha

First met March 2007, playing an MMORPG (ffxi)

Getting married Feb 12 2010

Will start our VJ Feb 2010

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

I-130 Journey - VSC CR1 & CR2

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

- Total Days from NOA 1 to NOA2 xxx

I-129F Journey - VSC K3 & K4

xx-xx-xx I-130 Received @ NVC

xx-xx-xx Case Completed at NVC :

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days from NOA1 to NVC Complete xx

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Received at Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

xx-xx-xx Interview Date [ ] Pass [ ] Fail

- Total Days from Recd at Consulate to Interview xxx

- Total Days from NOA1 to Interview xxx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.