jkage

Anyone going through Montreal??

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wondering how long it seems to take for people to recieve the packet 4 and interview after sending in the completed ds 230 and checklist. The lady on the phone says 3-4 months, but that seems really long.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Dallas TX

Date Filed : 2006-05-04

NOA Date : 2006-05-11

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2006-06-09

Interview Date : 2006-05-04 Submit Review

Approved :

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I sent my checklist to Montreal on Jan. 19th I think. I still haven't gotten packet 4 and from what I see on the timelines I still won't get one for another 3 weeks or so.

I think the estimate of 3-4 months seems a bit long for the time between sending back the checklist and packet 4/interview.

When I got my packet 3 dated Dec. 19th it said that the estimated time was 3-4 months from the consulate receiving my package until the interview. The way I see it is if the consulate got my package on Dec. 19th, I should have my interview by the end of April.

I would also like to hear from anyone else who recently went through Montreal.

Are you doing K1 or K3 jkage? My lawyer said they have slightly different processing times.

K3 Timeline

Oct. 12 2005 Applied for K3 (Day 1)

Jan. 9th 2006 Received packet 3 (Day 89)

Jan. 19th 2006 Sent back packet 3 (Day 99)

March 20th 2006 Received packet 4 (Day 159)

April 20th 2006 K3 Appointment in Montreal (Day 190)

April 21st 2006 Received K3 (Day 191)

April 22nd 2006 Arrived in Florida!!!!! (Day 192)

EAD Timeline

May 3rd 2006 Chicago receives my application (Day 1)

May 8th 2006 NOA received (Day 5)

May 22nd 2006 Biometrics appointment letter received (Day 19)

June 3rd 2006 Biometrics complete (Day 31)

June 13th 2006 EAD card received in Mail!!!!!!!!! (Day 41)

June 13th 2006 Applied for SSN (Day 41)

July 13th 2006 SSN card arrives in the mail (Day 71)

AOS Timeline

Oct. 30th 2006 Sent in our paperwork to Chicago (Day 1)

Nov. 11th 2006 NOA Received (Day 12)

Nov. 13th 2006 Touched (Day 14)

Nov. 18th 2006 Biometrics taken (Day 19)

Dec. 14th 2006 Case transferred to California (Day 45)

Dec. 31st 2006 File arrived in California (Day 62)

Jan. 20th 2007 Touched (Day 82)

May 8th 2007 Case trasnferred to National Benefits Center (Day 190)

May 16th 2007 Case arrived at National Benefits Center (Day 198)

Timeline

CanadaGirl, Were doing the K-3.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

RFE(s) :

Approved :

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It's hard to say with montreal now that the holidays are over. i know when we sent our packet in and we called it was really 3-4 months and from timelines i researched they were telling the truth. We transferred to vancouver and the wait was STILL 2 mos. . But you'd think they will have sped up after the holidays. I wouldn't expect your interview letter for at least another month. and if it comes before then.......... well you'll be extra happy. After a month i would give them a call to check on the status. good luck!

Timeline

Driehuis,

How did you transfer it to Vancover??

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

RFE(s) :

Approved :

Timeline
It's hard to say with montreal now that the holidays are over. i know when we sent our packet in and we called it was really 3-4 months and from timelines i researched they were telling the truth. We transferred to vancouver and the wait was STILL 2 mos. . But you'd think they will have sped up after the holidays.

Don't forget, Montreal is now (as of Nov 1 05) processing DCF applicants, which may be causing some delays as they get the bugs worked out. And they do all the CR-1/IR-1 applications as well.

3-4 months wait doesn't surprise me, really. When I was waiting for my packet 4/interview, Montreal had previously being on the 3-4 month wait, then it sped up to 2 months, and now it's pretty much back to 3 months or so again. Considering other countries, it's no so bad. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

Hi, We're a K1.......waiting for an Interview date in Montreal...........sent in the DS-230 in January and the checklist early February. Good luck and hope we all hear something soon......{{{HUGS}}}

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

July 1 - First email between us

July 3 - I called him to wish him a Happy Independance Day

Daily phone calls and emails from there on in

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

March 19/05 - Bruce back in Newfoundland

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

November 18 - We filed I-129F

December 1 - NOA Receipt #

December 28 - Received Packet 3

January 6/06 - Received my Police Certificate of Conduct

January 11 - Sent DS-230 Part 1 back to Montreal Consulate

February 3 - Sent off my check list to Montreal Consulate

March 24 - Medical

April 5 - Interview Date.....APPROVED......Yahoo

April 17 - Moving to Maine

May 16 - Bruce & I became Mr. & Mrs. in Las Vegas (Oh HAPPY DAY)

Timeline

We transferred to vancouver because my husband will be on a contract job in calgary and its easier for me to travel there as well. And there is also the upside that they seem to be a bit faster........... at least at mailing the interview letters. I'm not sure by the time it was transferred etc. that it really sped up the process though. I was pretty stressed about it not getting there or getting lost but it all worked out. We just called the montreal embassy and asked to have it transferred. I think you need to have an address in B.C. or Alberta to do it. But i'm not positive on that. I know they asked for what his address would be in calgary and the correspondence has been going there. But i guess in a nutshell all it took was a phone call.

I think you need to have an address in B.C. or Alberta to do it. But i'm not positive on that.

I can't remember who, but there is someone on the VJ board who got it transferred to vancouver without having an address over that way, but they also wrote Vancouver on their app for consulate. When they got their case # it was a vancouver number but it was heading to montreal. They were able to get it transferred with a phone call as well.

Married 12-30-05

Started our visa journey Jan 06.

01-06 - I-130, K3 shortly after

04-06 - switched to Canada Immigration

07-06 - Moved to Canada (PR almost complete)

07-06 - Changed again, back to US imm.

09-06 - Landed as Canadian PR

10-06 - DCF Toronto, Approved in 1.5 hrs!

11-06 - Interview Montreal (success!)

I-130

10-05-06 DCF in Toronto - Approved

10-19-06 Packet 3 received & sent back

10-20-06 Montreal receives P3

11-03-06 Packet 4 received

11-06-06 Medical

11-22-06 Interview / Visa approved

11-26-06 heading home, 6 day drive, my oh my

HOME SWEET HOME

10.24.08 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

Delivered at 9:03 AM on October 25, 2008

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

12.06.08 Biometrics Appt.

12.19.08 Received new Drivers License extended to 2011

03.12.09 Received CONGRATULATIONS letter - Card on the way!!

03.20.09 Received his SHINY new card. WOO HOOOOOOO

YAY!! We can take a break from this madness until Citizenship.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.