Amin&Ani

Do the Embassy accept prepaid envelops

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi people,

I wanted to know, if I can include a prepaid envelope with the packet 3 for the embassy to return the letter/interview response?

I am sending the packet from Iran, and the most reliable courier is DHL. I cannot trust the regular mail....

Thanks

K-1 VISA

I-129F SENT: 12/09/2008

Visa Received : 11/05/2009

Marriage : 12/24/2009

AOS

I-485 SENT : 02-22-2010 Received by USCIS text message: 03/03/2010

BIO: 03-26-2010

INTERVIEW: 06-08-2010

APPROVAL: 06/08/2010

CARD RECEIVED:

EAD

I-765 SENT: 02-22-2010 Received by USCIS text message: 03/03/2010

CARD RECEIVED:05/24/2009

AP

I-131 SENT: 02-22-2010 Received by USCIS text message: 03/03/2010

NOA hard copy: 03-08-2010

DOCUMENT RECEIVED: 05/10/2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi people,

I wanted to know, if I can include a prepaid envelope with the packet 3 for the embassy to return the letter/interview response?

I am sending the packet from Iran, and the most reliable courier is DHL. I cannot trust the regular mail....

Thanks

The embassy may send u the Interview letter to ur email.

Just email the Embassy and ask ,to be make sure.

Timeline
Hi people,

Thanks

Hi, it doesn't hurt to try, but on the instructions it only mentions that they use UPS as their courier. Maybe DHL doesn't have regular pickups at their office, which means someone has to call for a pickup or drop it off in a box, both of which I doubt they would do. What I did for our case, I opened a UPS account online and emailed a prepaid label to my fiance in Iran. She printed it and included with a note in the packet she sent to the embassy. The return address is going back to me here in US, since UPS doesn't deliver in Iran. This approach will be more expensive because if the file is sent back to US, then it has to go back to Iran or the embassy again, but at least it's done in a few days instead of a few weeks and it's 99% secure.

Hope this helped.

Good luck!

R

Timeline
Hi people,

Thanks

Hi, it doesn't hurt to try, but on the instructions it only mentions that they use UPS as their courier. Maybe DHL doesn't have regular pickups at their office, which means someone has to call for a pickup or drop it off in a box, both of which I doubt they would do. What I did for our case, I opened a UPS account online and emailed a prepaid label to my fiance in Iran. She printed it and included with a note in the packet she sent to the embassy. The return address is going back to me here in US, since UPS doesn't deliver in Iran. This approach will be more expensive because if the file is sent back to US, then it has to go back to Iran or the embassy again, but at least it's done in a few days instead of a few weeks and it's 99% secure.

Hope this helped.

Good luck!

R

Hi, thanks for your response. The embassy can send the packet to Iran with regular mail. I already sent them an email regarding the prepaid and waiting for their response. What you did is pretty smart. however, it is not possible for me, since, I will be traveling to Iran soon and will be staying there for over a month. so, I guess I just have to trust the mail, unfortunately.

have you asked the embassy if the UPS prepaid label would work?

Thanks for the Insight!

K-1 VISA

I-129F SENT: 12/09/2008

Visa Received : 11/05/2009

Marriage : 12/24/2009

AOS

I-485 SENT : 02-22-2010 Received by USCIS text message: 03/03/2010

INTERVIEW: 06-08-2010

APPROVAL: 06/08/2010

CARD RECEIVED:

EAD

I-765 SENT: 02-22-2010 Received by USCIS text message: 03/03/2010

CARD RECEIVED:05/24/2009

AP

I-131 SENT: 02-22-2010 Received by USCIS text message: 03/03/2010

NOA hard copy: 03-08-2010

DOCUMENT RECEIVED: 05/10/2009

Timeline
Hi people,

Thanks

Hope this helped.

Good luck!

R

Hi, thanks for your response. The embassy can send the packet to Iran with regular mail. I already sent them an email regarding the prepaid and waiting for their response. What you did is pretty smart. however, it is not possible for me, since, I will be traveling to Iran soon and will be staying there for over a month. so, I guess I just have to trust the mail, unfortunately.

have you asked the embassy if the UPS prepaid label would work?

Thanks for the Insight!

I didn't ask them, but a few days ago I got an email from them about our interview date. It says I can bring the email as the appointment letter. So it looks to me they work with email as much as they can (we never received packet 3 in hard copy either). As long as your packet is complete, you don't have to worry about regular mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.