ThaitoUSA

Updated Bangkok Packet 3 Checklist

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The Bangkok Consulate has an updated Packet 3 Checklist that is not yet on their website. There are a few signficant changes, such as sending in all forms and most evidence.

I am attaching the English version in hopes it will help all those who want to get a head start on getting Packet 3 together.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
The Bangkok Consulate has an updated Packet 3 Checklist that is not yet on their website. There are a few signficant changes, such as sending in all forms and most evidence.

I am attaching the English version in hopes it will help all those who want to get a head start on getting Packet 3 together.

So when did this come about? I have every thing together for the older protocol. I am hoping I have all we need, as our interview is coming up fast (I hope, again). Thanks for the update....RexT

Timeline

From what I can determine from other members, the checklist had been updated some time before new year.

I would advise following the new checklist, in order to avoid any delays.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
From what I can determine from other members, the checklist had been updated some time before new year.

Thanks for posting this. Even the person at the embassy (on Friday) who responded to my email was apparently unaware that the website has not been updated. He told me I could use the forms on their website. Cheers to the embassy for making an already confusing process more confusing. :angry:

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks for posting this. Even the person at the embassy (on Friday) who responded to my email was apparently unaware that the website has not been updated. He told me I could use the forms on their website. Cheers to the embassy for making an already confusing process more confusing. :angry:

Hi, Looks like we are both about the same postion in the queue, our info was also sent to Bangkok on April 1st! We are also starting to gather information for packet 3! Good luck! I am traveling to Bangkok April 17th - May 10th for a visit. We planned well before we knew that the process would be at this point...

Gene & Nan

K1 Timeline:

2009-01-24 : I-129F Sent

2009-01-30 : I-129F NOA1

2009-03-16 : I-129F NOA2

2009-04-01 : Left NVC

2009-04-23 : Received Packet 3

2009-06-01 : Submitted Packet 3

2009-06-11 : Packet 4 Notification by Email

2009-07-10 : Interview Approved!

2009-07-14 : Picked up VISA

2009-08-04 : POE in Minneapolis

Timeline

Hi, Looks like we are both about the same postion in the queue, our info was also sent to Bangkok on April 1st! We are also starting to gather information for packet 3! Good luck! I am traveling to Bangkok April 17th - May 10th for a visit. We planned well before we knew that the process would be at this point...

I have tickets to be in Thailand May 8 - May 17, but those dates may shift depending on the interview date. Has your fiancee received packet 3 yet? I emailed the embassy on Friday and they claimed they didn't get the app from NVC yet, but it looks like 1 bundle of apps mailed on April 1 by NVC to Bangkok arrived on Saturday, and one is still in flight (though the other one might have been mailed on April 2, can't remember). This is according to DHL's website. I wish I could be in Thailand right now! Good luck to you and your fiancee as well!

Edited by rsn

Timeline

FYI, the embassy sent me the new checklist PDFs in Thai and English, they are attached. Here is the related message from the embassy:

The checklist on our website and the recently updated one will be acceptable. However, in order to schedule an interview appointment, the IV Unit now requires the applicant to mail us the photocopies of all required documents in the Packet 3 checklist. This is to be assured that the applicant will have all documents on the interview day. Please find the new checklist in the attachments for your information.

If you read the checklist, this is actually incorrect. Only photocopies of some items may be submitted w/ packet 3. For other items you must submit originals. I'm finding that the embassy and the USCIS hotline have a lot in common.

checklist__English_.pdf

checklist__Thai_.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.