r0yalflush

question reguarding my case at the NVC please help

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I got approved on march 6, recieved the hard copy of the NOA2 a few days later. Today, i called and talked to a live operator at NVC. He said that they have recieved my case, and already sent it out to the US Embassy. I asked him again are you sure? he said yes it's already on it's way to the US Embassy. I've read a few posts on here saying sometimes the operator say it's on its way to the US Embassy, but later they found their cases were still stuck in AP at NVC. My question is, is this possible that the NVC recieved my case after about 2 weeks of my NOA2 approval, and already sent it to the US Embassy as the live operator has told me?

yes.

2-4 weeks is what the noa2 says.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

I don't believe that anyone has posted that they were told by an operator that their case was sent to the embassy (consulate) and later were told that they were in AP. I spent 52 days in AP. What happens is that you may receive an automatically generated letter telling you that your case was received at NVC and will be sent to the embassy or consulate within a week. That is their normal procedure. After that letter is mailed, you may learn from an operator that you are in AP. If you were told by the staff at NVC that your case was sent to HCM, you can be sure that it was sent. They will also tell you the date that it was sent from NVC in case you want to figure out about when it should be at the consulate.

Timeline

I just called again and this time they gave me a new case number. The operator said the US Embassy in HCM Vietnam has recieved my case eletronically. He also said that my case is no longer with NVC, from now on the US Embassy in Vietnam. I am hoping this is true instead of still stuck at NVC!!!

Timeline
I just called again and this time they gave me a new case number. The operator said the US Embassy in HCM Vietnam has recieved my case eletronically. He also said that my case is no longer with NVC, from now on the US Embassy in Vietnam. I am hoping this is true instead of still stuck at NVC!!!

i've found my answer, thank you very much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.