gerrymeridamx

Police Certificate for Juarez

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does my fiance need a police certificate for the consular interview in Juarez if he had never been convicted of a crime? The Juarez Consular website says:

"Persons convicted of a crime must obtain a certified copy of each court record and any prison record, regardless of the fact that they may have benefited subsequently from an amnesty, pardon, or other act of clemency."

That sounds like it is asking for the record for people that have committed a crime. Can anyone who has been through the process in Juarez help? If you don't have any convictions do you need to get one? The reason we want to avoid getting one is that my fiance would have to go to Mexico City to get it. Does anyone know of another way of getting a paper like the "constancia de antecedentes registrales" without going to Mexico City?

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Received notice that green card was in production 2/19/10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

NO :no: NOT for Mexico, however if lived as a resident in other countries (EXCEPT USA) for more than 1 year then will need police certs from those countries.

Police Records

Unavailable.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3622.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Does my fiance need a police certificate for the consular interview in Juarez if he had never been convicted of a crime? The Juarez Consular website says:

"Persons convicted of a crime must obtain a certified copy of each court record and any prison record, regardless of the fact that they may have benefited subsequently from an amnesty, pardon, or other act of clemency."

That sounds like it is asking for the record for people that have committed a crime. Can anyone who has been through the process in Juarez help? If you don't have any convictions do you need to get one? The reason we want to avoid getting one is that my fiance would have to go to Mexico City to get it. Does anyone know of another way of getting a paper like the "constancia de antecedentes registrales" without going to Mexico City?

I'm trying to decide if my fiance should get one as well. The language of the instructions lead me to think the exact same as you. From doing a lot of reading in the Juarez forum it seems that most people get one and take it to the interview but it is never asked for. My fiance is going to look into getting one here in Queretaro before she leaves for Juarez on April 2nd but if she can't get it, I'm not going to sweat it.

Don't you just love the wonderful "instructions" on the Juarez website? :hehe: If one was to only follow what it says on the fiance instructions page, it would lead to a certain denial for lack of information.

I'm trying to decide if my fiance should get one as well. The language of the instructions lead me to think the exact same as you. From doing a lot of reading in the Juarez forum it seems that most people get one and take it to the interview but it is never asked for. My fiance is going to look into getting one here in Queretaro before she leaves for Juarez on April 2nd but if she can't get it, I'm not going to sweat it.

Don't you just love the wonderful "instructions" on the Juarez website? :hehe: If one was to only follow what it says on the fiance instructions page, it would lead to a certain denial for lack of information.

Can you tell me on what page of the consulate's website does it say that as I can not find that information!

What visa are you applying for? If you are applying for a K-1 Visa when you receive the appointment letter from Juarez, you are directed to the following website address:

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/immigr...visa-forms.html

Let me know if you have any questions.

CG.

229248abu3e9v4w9.gif

• AOS Status
  • 03-10-11 Day 00 = AOS FedEx overnight
  • 03-11-11 Day 01 = AOS at Chicago Lockbox FedEx Confirmation
  • 04-11-11 Day 32 = AOS Text/eMail Confirmation
  • 04-14-11 Day 35 = NOA (EAD & AOS)
  • 04-15-11 Day 36 = Bio-Metrics NOA
  • 05-10-11 Day 61 = Bio-Metrics Appointment
  • 05-17-11 Day 68 = Submitted Request to Correct Name on 485 & 765
  • 05-23-11 Day 74 = Status online shows I-765 (EAD) Approved
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = EAD arrived in the mail
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = Went to SSA office (name wrong on Master Immigration List)
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = InfoPass to correct name
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = SSA office again Pending name update
  • 06-??-11 Day ?? = Received Social Security Card
  • 08-03-11 Day 146 = AOS Interview

Timeline

Can you tell me on what page of the consulate's website does it say that as I can not find that information!

What visa are you applying for? If you are applying for a K-1 Visa when you receive the appointment letter from Juarez, you are directed to the following website address:

CG.

Thanks CG,

I'm talking about this web page. The line I quoted is number 5.

Thanks for any help you can give.

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/root/pdfs/wwwfcdj401.pdf

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Timeline

You don't to take it but sometimes they do ask for it. It is call the Certificado de antecedentes no Penales which you can get at the Secretaria de seguridad or court house

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 08-21-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 08-29-2008

I-129F NOA2 : 01-28-2009

NVC Received : 02-02-2009

NVC Left : 02-02-2009

Consulate Received : 02-02-2009

Packet 3 Sent from Juarez: 03-02-2009

Packet 3 Received : 03-12-2009

Interview Date : 03-25-2009

Visa Received : Approved!!!!!

DHL received: 03-26-2009 around 4

Date of US Entry: 04-15-2009

Date of Wedding: 04-19-2009

I-129f was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Timeline
You don't to take it but sometimes they do ask for it. It is call the Certificado de antecedentes no Penales which you can get at the Secretaria de seguridad or court house

Cici,

What the PGR has told my fiance is that he has to get the Certificado de antecedentes no Penales in person in Mexico City. How can I confirm that? He is going to get one for just Merida where he has lived for 15 years.

How do I find the Juarez forum?

Thanks for helping,

Genny

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

To get it in Mexico City, you have to go to an address in Zona Rosa and it takes them 10 days to make it, you have to bring your Birthday certificate, credencial de elector and comprovante de domicilio original and copies

Address: Londres 102, colonia Juarez (Zona Rosa)

To pick it up they send you to another address downtown, near metro Juarez and bellas artes after 10 days

It's free by the way

Edited by estrella

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

01/10/19 NOA date/showed under documents online

01/12/19 Showed online Biometrics appointment had been created

01/15/19 Received NOA in the mail

01/15/19 Biometrics appointment showed under documents online

01/18/19 Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

01/29/19 Biometrics Appointment @Dallas

02/08/19 Interview appointment was scheduled 

03/19/19 Interview @ Fort Smith, AR (passed)

07/04/19 Naturalization Ceremony

CG.

Thanks CG,

I'm talking about this web page. The line I quoted is number 5.

Thanks for any help you can give.

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/root/pdfs/wwwfcdj401.pdf

Oh, yes! I forgot about that form.

Well, in addition to the pdf forms, I also based my information on the link that was given on the letter:

which then directs you to another website.

As Cici stated, we went ahead and got "Certificado de Antecendentes no Penales". Again, re-stating Cici, it is up to the official who asks for your paperwork who will decide. My boyfriend has no criminal records, so we had no problems with that. Our thought is it is better to have a lot of information (paperwork) on the day of your visit at the consulate other than showing at the consulate and being told that we forgot to bring additional information.

He got his from Toluca, as that was the closes place to where he lives. He was able to get his very fast from what I understand. We were going to translate it when we were at Juarez, but the translator said that it was not needed any more becuase they don't ask for it. When he went to the consulate they took the original copy.

229248abu3e9v4w9.gif

• AOS Status
  • 03-10-11 Day 00 = AOS FedEx overnight
  • 03-11-11 Day 01 = AOS at Chicago Lockbox FedEx Confirmation
  • 04-11-11 Day 32 = AOS Text/eMail Confirmation
  • 04-14-11 Day 35 = NOA (EAD & AOS)
  • 04-15-11 Day 36 = Bio-Metrics NOA
  • 05-10-11 Day 61 = Bio-Metrics Appointment
  • 05-17-11 Day 68 = Submitted Request to Correct Name on 485 & 765
  • 05-23-11 Day 74 = Status online shows I-765 (EAD) Approved
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = EAD arrived in the mail
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = Went to SSA office (name wrong on Master Immigration List)
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = InfoPass to correct name
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = SSA office again Pending name update
  • 06-??-11 Day ?? = Received Social Security Card
  • 08-03-11 Day 146 = AOS Interview

Timeline

He got his from Toluca, as that was the closest place to where he lives. He was able to get his very fast from what I understand. We were going to translate it when we were at Juarez, but the translator said that it was not needed any more becuase they don't ask for it. When he went to the consulate they took the original copy.

Well if you can get it in Toluca then surely the one from Merida will work. Merida is 20 hours from Mexico City so he wants to save the trip if he can.

Thanks again for the help.

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.