Dblady

Credit Report"""

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hello VJ Members,

1. Instead of doing all of this I-134 forms and verification why doesn't they USCIS OR NVC just run a credit report on the sponsor?

Any idea about this? please give me some info about it.

2. Any one have some idea about the form sponsor's financial responsibility under the Social security act"?

Just getting lost in here don't know where we can get this kinds of form.

Thank you...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

They do not really care about your credit report or score. They care about your yearly income and/or assets. You simply need to prove that you earn more than 125% of the poverty line, which would be about $18,000 a year for two people.

You can find the I-134 at the top of this page under Downloads.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello VJ Members,

1. Instead of doing all of this I-134 forms and verification why doesn't they USCIS OR NVC just run a credit report on the sponsor?

Any idea about this? please give me some info about it.

2. Any one have some idea about the form sponsor's financial responsibility under the Social security act"?

Just getting lost in here don't know where we can get this kinds of form.

Thank you...

As long as you earn about $18,000 for two people they do not care if you have $22,000 in payments. Makes no sense, I know.

But you have to remember this is government. Credit scores are from private agencies. The government cannot rely on private industry information at the exclusion of justifying its own. Government must first confiscate money you earn, use it to create government agencies and then imagine uses for the agencies it creates in order to confiscate more money that you earn. Can you imagine the government saying "Hey, we could use credit scores from these private agencies and we wouldn't NEED the poverty guidelines anymore!"

And yes, I know, there are other purposes for the poverty guidelines...advancing poverty for one, so there will be a need to "fight it" but they like to make as much use of their own creations as possible.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.