jimmynuetron

While waiting for NOA2 Approval

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

After reading the last UK post now I am thinking maybe I should have my Fiance get some things done while waiting for the noa2 approval. Dont want to get delayed because she doesnt have anything ready. i wasnt aware that she needed a long form BC is that true for Colombia? What is the time frame for the criminal check is it ok to get 2 or 3 months prior or do you have to wait until the interview date to get that?

Any other Bogota interviews your help on this would be appreciated. Trying to expedite everything.

Thanks

Steve

Met in Medellin Colombia October 06

Was in Medellin 1 week every month for the the year

Married June 28th 07 Wedding in Bello ( applied for residence in Colombia, granted temporal residencia for 2 years.)

07/07/07 Sent i-130

07/17/07 NOA1

03/24/08 Touched

03/24/08 Called

04/17/08 Touched

04/23/08 Called again

05/14/08 Approved Email notification

08/14/07 I129f sent

09/20/07 NOA1

04/24/08 Touched

Need the i129 approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

the police certificate is good for a year, so go ahead and get one. here is the link.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/reciproci.../C/Colombia.htm

POLICE CERTIFICATE

Police certificates (Pasado Judicial) may be obtained in Bogota at the Identification Division of the Department of Administrative Security (DAS), Colombia's equivalent of a federal law enforcement agency. Colombian police certificates contain information regarding outstanding warrants only. They contain no information regarding prior arrests and/or criminal convictions. Police certificates have a validity of one year.

The immigration division of DAS can provide a Colombian citizen's record of entries and departures from Colombian national territory since 1990.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2005-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-12-02

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-12-16

Left NVC : 2006-1-5

Manila recieved: 2006-1-11

Interview Date : 2006-5-16 - APPROVED

Enter USA : 2006-5-31

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey Jimmy:

Ask her to get the following -

1) Police certificate (from DAS)

2) Birth certificate - I had my fiancee bring 2 copies to US (and one was given to the Bogota embassy)

3) Translations of Birth certificate (I had her bring 2 copies) none needed at Bogota

4) Baptisimal certificate (make sure the name is spelled correctly - if not then get it corrected)

5) Vaccination Records (to show the doctor)

You can in the meantime start getting your tax returns (3 years) and the I134.

Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hey Jimmy:

Ask her to get the following -

1) Police certificate (from DAS)

2) Birth certificate - I had my fiancee bring 2 copies to US (and one was given to the Bogota embassy)

3) Translations of Birth certificate (I had her bring 2 copies) none needed at Bogota

4) Baptisimal certificate (make sure the name is spelled correctly - if not then get it corrected)

5) Vaccination Records (to show the doctor)

You can in the meantime start getting your tax returns (3 years) and the I134.

Good Luck

Thanks Motu, Do you kwon exactly where and how your wife got the DAS certifacte and cost for it?

Also the vaccination and baptismal records?

i was under immpresion that Bogota only requires the last year tax return for the i134??

Thanks again for your help.

Met in Medellin Colombia October 06

Was in Medellin 1 week every month for the the year

Married June 28th 07 Wedding in Bello ( applied for residence in Colombia, granted temporal residencia for 2 years.)

07/07/07 Sent i-130

07/17/07 NOA1

03/24/08 Touched

03/24/08 Called

04/17/08 Touched

04/23/08 Called again

08/14/07 I129f sent

09/20/07 NOA1

04/24/08 Touched

Need the i129 approval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.