MMW

just a thought

2 posts in this topic

I know when we move our spouse to the US that there is significant expense involved. My thought was why can't we take a "moving a household" deduction for the expenses for our spouses move. IE. plane fare, personal belongings etc. and why we are at include all the fees for the visa, medical, and shipping. It is all part of their move. Tell me what you think. Especially for the USC that lived abroad with their spouse during the visa process.

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage : 2007-05-10

I-130 Sent : 2008-06-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-07-09

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-27

NVC Received : 2009-02-02

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-02-11

DS-3032 E-Mail accepted: 2009-02-11

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-02-14

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-02-14

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-02-18

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-02-11

IV Bill generated: 2009-02-11

Receive IV Bill : 2009-02-14

Pay IV Bill : 2009-02-14

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-02-18

NVC received both packages: 2009-02-20

DS-230 & I-864 scanned NVC: 2009-02-23

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-02-26

Interview confirmed: 2009-02-27

NVC Left : 2009-03-06

Consulate Received : 2009-03-09

Medical completed: 2009-03-20

Interview Date : 2009-04-03

Visa Received : 2009-04-07

US Entry : 2009-05-10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

No expert, but did call the IRS with all those immigration fees, only if I was an employer and paid those expenses to bring an employee here.

But here are some other questions.

With a CD where the current interest rate is less than inflation and even with interest, the value of your money is less than before you started. So why do we have to pay taxes on that interest?

What do we have to pay taxes on the amount of money we are required to for FICA taxes? Then why do people have to pay even additional taxes when they do finally receive SS benefits?

Why can't we deduct transportation cost to and from work or school, for work, that is part of the expense to earn that income, it's the law that you bring your kids to school, if not, they will shoot you. Ironically, a corporation can fully deduct the cost of owning a fleet of private jet aircraft, and believe me, this is used entirely for entertainment purposes. They can also deduct for a season rental of those football stadium and baseball park boxes, Broadway shows, eating a restaurants that charge 200 bucks for a steak, country clubs, and the list goes on and on.

Why do we only get maybe a buck a day of less taxes for a kid, when the same government ran schools claim it costs them $12,000.00 or more per year just to baby sit them for less than 14% of the time. And baby sitting is the correct term as they should in the hell don't teach them anything.

Why do many government employees get government owned vehicles to drive and also use them for personal use as well. Even a cop, shouldn't he leave that squad car at the police station and drive his own vehicle home? Also very true of executives getting fully deductible company owned very expensive vehicles to drive, wherever they please.

Why don't they charge FICA taxes on capital gains? They are still earning a rather well income, but that is not considered earned income, more like stealing. But that guy handing out carts at Wal-Mart has to pay those taxes.

As you can see, our tax structure is based for only the super rich, the poor working slob has to pay all the taxes. Try to deduct the cost of a video rental even for educational purpose, you will end up in jail.