Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good grief! Posting my letter gave people a name and a title that they could use to obtain the information. Am I selfish for not wanting to piss this woman at DOS off and have her make trouble for Elisha's visa at the consulate? Sheesh...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, you are not being selfish... so dont even entertain that thought!!!

Please can investigate things for themselves.... I can't believe how many people say... ok, whats next? or What do I do now??

DO SOME DAMN RESEARCH! I say! I don't mind helping people, not in the least, but I hate being used by people that will not even help themselves!!!

I would not do ANYTHING that would jeopardize our progress, and how could anyone even think of it???? FFS* - if it was reversed, would SHE post it???

* to be a true redneck, you have to say it like this : FER F*CKS SAKE!! Make sure you have emphasis on the Fer (pronounced like FUR but you have to put a slight nasally twangy e thing on top of it all)

Thanks guys, reading your supportive comments made me feel better. I'm still mad though. This shrew was really rude and abrasive with me. I posted exactly how I'd found the information on the 'Stuck in AP @ NVC' thread. The info was out there for anyone to see and use. But she decided that she wanted it today, and I was going to give it to her or else. Well, #### that. She can go shampoo herself. I hope she spends 2 months in AP. :angry:

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
Good grief! Posting my letter gave people a name and a title that they could use to obtain the information. Am I selfish for not wanting to piss this woman at DOS off and have her make trouble for Elisha's visa at the consulate? Sheesh...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, you are not being selfish... so dont even entertain that thought!!!

Please can investigate things for themselves.... I can't believe how many people say... ok, whats next? or What do I do now??

DO SOME DAMN RESEARCH! I say! I don't mind helping people, not in the least, but I hate being used by people that will not even help themselves!!!

I would not do ANYTHING that would jeopardize our progress, and how could anyone even think of it???? FFS* - if it was reversed, would SHE post it???

* to be a true redneck, you have to say it like this : FER F*CKS SAKE!! Make sure you have emphasis on the Fer (pronounced like FUR but you have to put a slight nasally twangy e thing on top of it all)

Thanks guys, reading your supportive comments made me feel better. I'm still mad though. This shrew was really rude and abrasive with me. I posted exactly how I'd found the information on the 'Stuck in AP @ NVC' thread. The info was out there for anyone to see and use. But she decided that she wanted it today, and I was going to give it to her or else. Well, #### that. She can go shampoo herself. I hope she spends 2 months in AP. :angry:

I just finished reading the last 6 pages of the NVC thread where this all went down. I wanted to jump in there and write something, but I decided to not stir it when it might be settling down.

I think people handle stress differently and the people there seem to be REALLY stressed. I feel that you handled the situation exactly right.

You are out of NVC now, right?

And, finally, I absolutely and addicted to looking at the DHL page and seeing all the packages going out. It's fascinating to see where they are all going. And, a relief that I don't see 10 a day going to Brazzaville.

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Alright guys...what's going on today?

Hello fellow March filers! I'm checking in with a "lack of progress" report. Even after my finacee's interview, our paperwork is still "missing" at the US Embassy Manila. My fiancee submitted a copy of my divorce decree Tuesday as that was the only thing lacking at the interview. I also sent it last night through their email contact form as well as calling the embassy. You can guess how that call went. This morning I found a reply email from the embassy :o . I was shocked that they replied about 2 hours after sending off the email. I only wish it could be considered good news:

"This is in reply to your inquiry of September 30, 2009, regarding the visa case of the referenced individual.

We have referred your message to the responsible processing team for appropriate action. We have also included your divorce decree in our review of the case. We have yet to receive the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)-approved petition on behalf of the applicant and coordinating with the State Department’s National Visa Center regarding this matter.

As soon as we receive the petition and complete the review of the case, we will notify the applicant to resume processing the visa application.

It is not Embassy policy to tell applicants or petitioners that a visa would be issued by any specific date. In fact, we advise our clients not to finalize travel plans, dispose of their properties, or give up jobs until a visa is actually delivered to the applicant. We are simply unable to predict if or when an applicant would qualify for visa issuance.

If you or the applicant would like to inquire further about the status of the visa case, you may contact the Embassy's Visa Call Center at telephone 1-909-101-7878. This number is for subscribers of PLDT and Smart telephone touchtone landlines with national and international distance dialing features (NDD or IDD access). Callers in the USA can contact the Call Center at 1-888-877-9888. The Call Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Manila time). There is a fee assessed to callers by the Call Center for its services."

This morning I called the NVC.....another complete waste. I then called the DOS and at least confirmed that they do show that my fiancee had her interview and I submitted the divorce decree. I feel that this should be elevated since they messed up losing our paperwork, and my finacee should have been approved at her interview, but that request seems to fall on deaf ears. I'll be calling USEM daily until this is resolved. My fiancee was supposed to be joining me in a week but now no definite timeframe :crying: . All of this after 29 days stuck at the NVC. I hope the rest of you have much better luck than us.

Timeline

We know how you feel XR600SM, day26 @NVC for us. Hope they get it straight for you soon. how long did it take to schedual the interview?

Edited by mari joe

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Alright guys...what's going on today?

Hello fellow March filers! I'm checking in with a "lack of progress" report. Even after my finacee's interview, our paperwork is still "missing" at the US Embassy Manila. My fiancee submitted a copy of my divorce decree Tuesday as that was the only thing lacking at the interview. I also sent it last night through their email contact form as well as calling the embassy. You can guess how that call went. This morning I found a reply email from the embassy :o . I was shocked that they replied about 2 hours after sending off the email. I only wish it could be considered good news:

"This is in reply to your inquiry of September 30, 2009, regarding the visa case of the referenced individual.

We have referred your message to the responsible processing team for appropriate action. We have also included your divorce decree in our review of the case. We have yet to receive the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)-approved petition on behalf of the applicant and coordinating with the State Department’s National Visa Center regarding this matter.

As soon as we receive the petition and complete the review of the case, we will notify the applicant to resume processing the visa application.

It is not Embassy policy to tell applicants or petitioners that a visa would be issued by any specific date. In fact, we advise our clients not to finalize travel plans, dispose of their properties, or give up jobs until a visa is actually delivered to the applicant. We are simply unable to predict if or when an applicant would qualify for visa issuance.

If you or the applicant would like to inquire further about the status of the visa case, you may contact the Embassy's Visa Call Center at telephone 1-909-101-7878. This number is for subscribers of PLDT and Smart telephone touchtone landlines with national and international distance dialing features (NDD or IDD access). Callers in the USA can contact the Call Center at 1-888-877-9888. The Call Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Manila time). There is a fee assessed to callers by the Call Center for its services."

This morning I called the NVC.....another complete waste. I then called the DOS and at least confirmed that they do show that my fiancee had her interview and I submitted the divorce decree. I feel that this should be elevated since they messed up losing our paperwork, and my finacee should have been approved at her interview, but that request seems to fall on deaf ears. I'll be calling USEM daily until this is resolved. My fiancee was supposed to be joining me in a week but now no definite timeframe :crying: . All of this after 29 days stuck at the NVC. I hope the rest of you have much better luck than us.

OMG does the missery ever end?

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline
We know how you feel XR600SM, day26 @NVC for us. Hope they get it straight for you soon. how long did it take to schedual the interview?

You should be out of AP soon. I actually scheduled the interview 2 weeks out of AP, but it didn't do much good. Seems it's best to wait a couple of weeks

to schedule it then schedule it a couple of weeks later to increase the chances of everything being in order when you arrive on interview day.

Timeline

I talked to a supervisor at NVC - we are in AP. I'm not surprised.

edited for Stephen:

pssst! Hey Stephen, if Ineeded the phone number and fax number, you'd give it to ME, right??? :rofl:

Edited by missmissy

edited for Stephen:

pssst! Hey Stephen, if Ineeded the phone number and fax number, you'd give it to ME, right??? :rofl:

That depends... You're not gonna go all psycho hose beast on me, are ya? :lol:

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline

edited for Stephen:

That depends... You're not gonna go all psycho hose beast on me, are ya? :lol:

I laughed so hard just now, I almost had sweet tea coming out of my nose!

Nah....I'm not ready to start calling them just yet. You are out of NVC hell now but for the few that are there now - I talked to a supervisor because I had to email them and tell them we want to change our embassy.....blah, blah....everyone knows that.

So, I emailed the first letter and started calling and checking. This morning a different supervisor told me to send it again and in the subject line put Attention P.I. Supervisor Sue. So...I did it again and actually received a response back this evening - not canned!!

Fingers crossed that this goes smoothly now and no more awful delays.

When are you leaving for Korea??

Timeline

edited for Stephen:

Sorry you are in AP missy,I hope your stay is short there. It will be nice to see your cheerful self over in the NVC forum although im sure thats not where you'd rather be. By the way someone did post that fax number in that forum but i havent used it because i contacted my senator yesterday by email so i will wait to hear back from him.

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

AOS

Timeline
I am not sure why... but the NVC doesn't even have our case yet..... go figure!

I dont know if this helps but i think they send them out in batches. The NVC may have it already but then they have to log them into their system

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.