Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
I called USCIS again, just now, and had a very interesting chat wtih two different agents. The first, level one, was super nice and offered to (a) put in a request to expedite and a service request, even though I am technically not out of processing time and (B) OFFERED to transfer me to level two support.

We filled out the service request and expedite request and then I was transferred to level two. She was super nice too but not as helpful. There wasn't any extra information that I didn't already know. However, she told me something that you might find interesting.

First, she told me that their department had received a directive from the President to get all files into the system ASAP so everyone will get online updates, if they choose. Right now, some files never make it into the system and are never updated using the system.

Second, she told me that they are not particularly busy right now. Work visa apps have just about stopped because U.S. employers have to hire U.S. employees first and the economy is so bad that the employers can't justify hiring foreign workers. And, she said that the economy has affected other types of visa apps as well and they just weren't as busy as they usually are.

What do you think about that?

She also said to get my Senator involved, that they could reach the adjudicator and have my file pushed through, but she couldn't do that. I already emailed my contact there, we'll see if that helps any.

I have promised myself to not call them again. I will not do it!

Missy...

I am not sure where to even start and what I should and should NOT say :)

I do know, that congressmen, have a liaison (at the USCIS) they can email directly. I assume that is what they are referring to, but who knows. I will call my person at the Congressman's office here tomorrow and see what she says.

I hope you are successful but in the end, hope you don't need it since I would like to believe that someone there will be working on your file this week anyway... it is the end of the month and your file should be easy to get off of his/her desk.

FAITH!! glad you are ok... and things are better... keep the faith (no pun intended)

Edited by Richard-Joanna

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I wonder if it's worth bypassing my congressman this time around and trying to work with one of my senators?

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline
Hmm, I wonder if it's worth bypassing my congressman this time around and trying to work with one of my senators?

good question... i doubt one has more pull than the other.... but to be safe, lets do both! :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Richard, you know that you can say ANYTHING to me! I am confused because I have never called my congressman, just the senators. Tomorrow I am calling Greg Harper. He's my Congressman and he's been under some heat here for how he handled his townhall meeting about healthcare. Maybe he would jump at the chance to make a constituent happy??

Can someone explain what kind of difference it might make - senators vs. congressmen??

I admit that I am an emotional mess. I am up and down more than.....the elevator at the Empire State Building. But, I don't regret calling that last time. They were so nice to me (probably while they secretly called the men with the big butterfly nets and white coats).

Ready for my slap now, sir.

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

good question... i doubt one has more pull than the other.... but to be safe, lets do both! :)

Well, senators theoretically have more power because there's fewer of them... but unless you live in a tiny (or very sparsely populated) state, they have way more constituents than a representative so it might be harder to get prompt action on your case.

I've read on several senators' and congresscritters' sites that you should stick with one at a time; out of "congressional courtesy," many decline to intervene if you've already engaged another one on your case.

I guess I might stick with the congressman because they're already familiar with my case and already have my privacy release on file, etc.

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline
Richard, you know that you can say ANYTHING to me! I am confused because I have never called my congressman, just the senators. Tomorrow I am calling Greg Harper. He's my Congressman and he's been under some heat here for how he handled his townhall meeting about healthcare. Maybe he would jump at the chance to make a constituent happy??

Can someone explain what kind of difference it might make - senators vs. congressmen??

I admit that I am an emotional mess. I am up and down more than.....the elevator at the Empire State Building. But, I don't regret calling that last time. They were so nice to me (probably while they secretly called the men with the big butterfly nets and white coats).

Ready for my slap now, sir.

You dont need a slap... you need your MAN :P

I will not feebly attempt a simple answer to your question since... from my simplistic point of view... they are the same... they are both CROOKS :) However, they do have their differences, but for our needs... I see them as the same.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

whats up with all these april NOA2 , why does vsc have to pich MARCH to start doing march/april filers! i tink march ppl have waited long enough!!!!!!!

Young man, where have you been??? We have all wondered what was happening with you guys!! So.....update us! How are things going, anything new? You holding up okay?

I have missed you!!

ive been to depressed to come on here.

we arent officially together but i talk to her once in a while...

she doesnt wanna talk about the visa bc we havent got approved and

she is taken it personal. she said we will talk about it when we get approved and

now VSC is pulling this ####### about doin april filiers before MARCH! :(

she doesnt think we will get approved...

i have it set up so i get an email once we get approved or not and evertime i get

an email on my phone while at work my heart stops for a second bc

i think it may be the email but NOTHING yet!

ive missed u to missy!

ive missed VJ but i hadto stay away for a while...

i hope u understand...

:)

Hey Faith!! sorry to hear that, be a little more patient with your girl, I know she is maybe driving you crazy but we the latinas (not everybody) some times are a litle more drama...lol... like me....lol :blush:

Be strong for her, let her know you are there and you care about her and her feelings, even if she is not talking to much, some times when a women don't talk to much is because we rather calm down because if we start talking we can lose the point and scrub everything... so be her lovely man and a strong one...you will see...

God bless you and your girl

Linda

April 23, 26 and 28 approvals... so what is so wrong with March? Missy... I think I am going to join you in the insane department :)

Rucking fidiculous.

Edited by Stephen + Elisha

Timeline
April 23, 26 and 28 approvals... so what is so wrong with March? Missy... I think I am going to join you in the insane department :)

Rucking fidiculous.

I know that everything is relative... I also know that some here have waited much more than we have... so on one hand I feel a little selfish when I say... I am starting to think that I am going to fall into that 15% or so that take forever to get approved... maybe tomorrow will be a better day?

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Some have waited much longer.... others have waited far less... like the ones getting approved these days.

Sorry to be such a drag, but I am so angry I can barely even speak. I am SO SICK of USCIS and their ridiculous ineptitude. APRIL 28?!?!! #### that!

ANOTHER April. Seriously, I can't take much more of this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkmenistan
Timeline

I don't understand Wth is going on. Seriously? What is going on? This isn't just a random few approvals that are a month+ ahead of the "offical date", but the MAJORITY. I know the April filers are feeling great, and I'm glad they're getting approved, but they will get theirs in due time. It just so happens that March has a lot left.

Hoping they finish off this week strong for you all.

Timeline

Rucking fidiculous.

I loved that!

Come on, there's plenty of room here!

Edited by missmissy

Timeline
Some have waited much longer.... others have waited far less... like the ones getting approved these days.

Sorry to be such a drag, but I am so angry I can barely even speak. I am SO SICK of USCIS and their ridiculous ineptitude. APRIL 28?!?!! #### that!

I read this and started thinking of Yosemite Sam in the old Bugs Bunny cartoons, ras er fracking.........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.