Dunnons

Is DCF possible from Australia or Vietnam?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

Ilona Bray's book Fiance and Marriage Visas states that the DCF method can be the quickest and easiest method. My fiance lives in Australia. She is a citizen of Vietnam. I am a U.S. Citizen, and we want her to come to the U.S. as soon as possible. Rather than the K1 Visa, which may be hard because I have almost no evidence we met, I am thinking the DCF method is the best. Should I fly overseas to take pictures together and go the K1 Visa route? Would the K1 Visa be approved if I can prove we lived in the same apartment complex? I don't have much evidence.

Or can the DCF method help us? Bray's authority of Visas is excellent. But no one seems to know about this DCF method for one U.S. Citizen and one foreign person.

thanks for reading,

Ron

Ilona Bray's book Fiance and Marriage Visas states that the DCF method can be the quickest and easiest method. My fiance lives in Australia. She is a citizen of Vietnam. I am a U.S. Citizen, and we want her to come to the U.S. as soon as possible. Rather than the K1 Visa, which may be hard because I have almost no evidence we met, I am thinking the DCF method is the best. Should I fly overseas to take pictures together and go the K1 Visa route? Would the K1 Visa be approved if I can prove we lived in the same apartment complex? I don't have much evidence.

Or can the DCF method help us? Bray's authority of Visas is excellent. But no one seems to know about this DCF method for one U.S. Citizen and one foreign person.

thanks for reading,

Ron

DCF is for when both the USC and foreign spouse (not fiance) live abroad. If you're not already maried - a K1 is the only option. Check the Guides for "Which Visa Do We Need" for some tips. :thumbs:

Edited by Karin und Otto

Filed: Timeline
You must reside in the immigrant spouse's country for a minimum of 6 months to file DCF. If you can live there for 6 months, the process is definately faster than filing in the US.

Partially correct. You must reside abroad, not necessarily in the spouse's country. We lived in Canada at the time, and were able to DCF.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.