JennaLyn

what did you all do today?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What a difference a week makes - last Sunday we had 12 hours of snow. Today the temperature was in the mid 70s, sunny and the fruit trees are starting to bloom.

We had tickets to the Atlanta Opera's production of Il Travatore this afternoon in North Atlanta so we left early, went to a computer store that Joe likes in the North end so he could pick up a new hard drive, then met friends who also have opera tickets for lunch at our favourite Indian restaurant Swapna. The opera was superb - incredible voices and relatively well staged. And, when I got home there was a message on the answering machine from someone who is interested in the stray cat I have looking for a home. If all goes well she will have a new home on Tuesday. A good day :)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

We had breakfast at Yosemite Cafe then visited animal shelter. We found beautiful female young adult cat. We adopted her but not ready to bring home. They will call me or my spouse around Wed or Thurs for pick up. I will post her picture here. My daughter were so happy to see kittens and cats. Anyway, we came home to dropped off my husband then continue driving to Walmart. After 30 minutes wandering in Walmart; my daughter getting worn out, so we checked out. I bought few items like dressed, shirt, and earrings accessories . Now, I'm at home and surfing on VJ while my child is sleeping.

Edited by sj5

I cleaned the house in the morning, then drove to Montreal to pick up Ron and Declan. Just got back a couple hours ago and have been enjoying time with my boys (work is going to come way too early in the morning, but I had to spend time with them, and they are on West Coast time now).

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

I cleaned the house in the morning, then drove to Montreal to pick up Ron and Declan. Just got back a couple hours ago and have been enjoying time with my boys (work is going to come way too early in the morning, but I had to spend time with them, and they are on West Coast time now).

How did the visit go? Bet you're glad they're home!

We planted pansies! :)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I just got back from the U.S for a weekend visit! The visit was productive as I found my dream wedding gown and accessories! Had to pay sales tax at the border but ah well!! Very bad day to be driving as it was blowing snow, swirling snow, visibility sucked, -25 windchill and all!! uggh! Of course couldn't use cruise control so my right foot is sore! Too bad I couldn't see my fiance when I went down as it would have been a 15 hour drive.. :( but I got to see some friends!

Yaaay for finding your dream wedding gown..but good lord, that weather is insane!! I'm glad you made it back ok..

how was the watchmen? I want to go see it, but my boyfriend suggested I read it first..

How did the visit go? Bet you're glad they're home!

We planted pansies! :)

They had a blast! I'm glad that they got to go. Ron's family absolutely adored Declan. It was sweet when Declan saw me in the airport .... had to come to me immediately and was squealing and bouncing with excitement. I asked his daddy to hold him once so I could get something out of my purse and Declan had a fit to get back to me :)

Then only bad thing is that he and daddy slept in the same bed there and last night, Declan DID NOT want to sleep in his crib and was up every hour. I am dying today.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

I just got back from the U.S for a weekend visit! The visit was productive as I found my dream wedding gown and accessories! Had to pay sales tax at the border but ah well!! Very bad day to be driving as it was blowing snow, swirling snow, visibility sucked, -25 windchill and all!! uggh! Of course couldn't use cruise control so my right foot is sore! Too bad I couldn't see my fiance when I went down as it would have been a 15 hour drive.. :( but I got to see some friends!

Yaaay for finding your dream wedding gown..but good lord, that weather is insane!! I'm glad you made it back ok..

how was the watchmen? I want to go see it, but my boyfriend suggested I read it first..

Yeah I had never even heard of it before and ended up going to see on Friday in the US....it was waaay too long! Not my cup of tea!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.