July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I'm still waiting on thyroid bloodwork, but if they don't call back by the last Wednesday a month, I'm calling them.

Sadly, he's only in my city on Wednesdays, his actual office is in another city.

In the meantime, don't take any more.... 'kay? :(

You know what..... I think you're right. You just triggered a memory for me. My Mom had been prescribed Naproxen one time and it's an anti-inflammatory NSAID also. She had such a severe allergic reaction to it that she was DOA when the ambulance finally got her to emergency. They finally brought her back with an epi injected directly into the heart muscle. Thank God.

HOLY SH!T :o

Yeah. :( They couldn't revive her with the defibrillator so they resorted to the needle. She has an interesting story to tell because she knew exactly what was going on the entire time. She told the doctor and he told her there was no way she could have seen all that because she was technically dead. He actually wrote up her story in a medical journal because she is an RN and used to work there. I remember when she worked in ICU. She would always ask the patients about their NDE's when they brought them back. I was actually with her one night when her father died in England and he visited her to say goodbye. I've got some other stories too. Fascinating stuff, really.

Holy wow. Glad she came out okay!

Naproxen, aka Aleve, is an interesting little #######. Claimed to be safer than Tylenol/Advil for every-day usage, but can whack a punch.

Thanks Mal. :)

I used to take Naproxen and I don't have an allergy to it like my Mum does. It was a miracle drug for me when I needed it.

iagree.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm still waiting on thyroid bloodwork, but if they don't call back by the last Wednesday a month, I'm calling them.

Sadly, he's only in my city on Wednesdays, his actual office is in another city.

You know what..... I think you're right. You just triggered a memory for me. My Mom had been prescribed Naproxen one time and it's an anti-inflammatory NSAID also. She had such a severe allergic reaction to it that she was DOA when the ambulance finally got her to emergency. They finally brought her back with an epi injected directly into the heart muscle. Thank God.

Yeah. :( They couldn't revive her with the defibrillator so they resorted to the needle. She has an interesting story to tell because she knew exactly what was going on the entire time. She told the doctor and he told her there was no way she could have seen all that because she was technically dead. He actually wrote up her story in a medical journal because she is an RN and used to work there. I remember when she worked in ICU. She would always ask the patients about their NDE's when they brought them back. I was actually with her one night when her father died in England and he visited her to say goodbye. I've got some other stories too. Fascinating stuff, really.

Naproxen, aka Aleve, is an interesting little #######. Claimed to be safer than Tylenol/Advil for every-day usage, but can whack a punch.

I used to take Naproxen and I don't have an allergy to it like my Mum does. It was a miracle drug for me when I needed it.

What happened to your Mum is scary stuff. Just curious but is she a red head too? I am always scared of NSAIDS, I'd rather live with the pain. Twenty years from now I may need to revisit my decision but in the meantime, if I wake up feeling like someone slugged me with a baseball bat or I can't move my arms without searing pain I'll just have to live with it. I guess if I can still feel something, that means that I'm not dead yet.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

I'm so sick of the allergy attacks, so I won't be taking anymore.

I think I'd rather bear with headaches than have the feeling of totally wanting to scratch all the skin off my body. It's a really crummy feeling.

I usually have to end up taking like 2 anti histamine pills when it starts too to even calm down the scratching.

I already have enough of those in my body, I don't need anymore.

I can't even sit down or calm down when I have the attack. I feel like my whole body needs to be itched at the exact same time, and ugh. It's one of the worst feelings I've ever had. It's one of those feelings where you just feel like you can't do anything.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so glad she was ok! That's interesting stuff krikit, tell the other stories please!

What happened to your Mum is scary stuff. Just curious but is she a red head too?

She's not a redhead herself, but pretty much all the rest of my relatives are either blondes or redheads. I believe she was somewhat of a redhead when she was younger, though. Are redheads more prone to NSAID allergies?

iagree.gif

Do you suffer from headaches a lot?

No, not really.

I've been getting less headaches than I used to.

I usually try to lay down and nap them away these days instead of taking something for them.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Timeline
So I have a feeling it's the advil, seeing as one day I had just advil and broke out and had put nothing other than water in my body.

Aleve is available in Canada now, other than BC and Newfoundland.

I personally love the stuff, it worked way better and way faster than advil, but it has some pretty nasty things associated with it, like everything does.

Seriously??? Grrrrrrr!! I LOVE Aleve because I've never had a bad reaction to it (now that my second favorite, advil, gives me the hives).

Oh for sure, I know that feeling. I'm supposed to take it daily for anti-inflammation in my knees. (I'm only 24 and have needed it since I was 16, how sad is that? :lol:)

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Oh for sure, I know that feeling. I'm supposed to take it daily for anti-inflammation in my knees. (I'm only 24 and have needed it since I was 16, how sad is that? :lol: )

Well, at least you can strike that one off your list for when you get older. I heard it's one of the first things to go when you hit your 40's. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline
Oh for sure, I know that feeling. I'm supposed to take it daily for anti-inflammation in my knees. (I'm only 24 and have needed it since I was 16, how sad is that? :lol: )

Well, at least you can strike that one off your list for when you get older. I heard it's one of the first things to go when you hit your 40's. :lol:

:rofl: One less thing to worry about, eh? ;)

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Due to my umemployment I've been playing Evony and I can't stop :(

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Timeline
What happened to your Mum is scary stuff. Just curious but is she a red head too?

She's not a redhead herself, but pretty much all the rest of my relatives are either blondes or redheads. I believe she was somewhat of a redhead when she was younger, though. Are redheads more prone to NSAID allergies?

I've heard a rumour but I haven't seen any studies. Redheads are known to have problems with anesthetics and if NSAIDS are delivered at theh same time via this method, even if the anesthetic is not part of the dose the body can overreact. I have no way to check on this since the last redhead in my family was my great grandmother.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Yeah, I use Aleve a lot as well. It's been OTC in the U.S. since 1994, so imagine my surprise when I found it was (at the time) prescription-only in Canada.

Of course... I happen to live in one of two provinces that haven't made Aleve OTC in Canada. Isn't BC wonderful? :wacko:

Needless to say, I stock up whenever I'm in the U.S. My wife and I have been thinking about visiting Seattle, so while I'm there, I might buy a ton of Aleve too.

Due to my umemployment I've been playing Evony and I can't stop :(

I thought Evony was boring.

:lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is and that's the f*cking problem. You sit there and wait for hours and I can't stop!

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.