AnhSau

First Blue Slip at HCM - Vote of members

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Your blue sheet looks almost identical to the first one we got at Xuan's interview. We had Marc Ellis before the interview and we have gotten the first Blue sheet and then a Green once we submitted all of the evidence they requested. We have been waiting since Oct 15 for the "review process". Mr. Nam was very nice to Xuan and helped us with some minor issues then was a nice help for the interview prep. So far since we have been waiting there has been nothing the lawyers can do for us. That is what we are told. I will be happy to go into further detail, if you wish to know just send me a message.

Good luck from what I have seen you can either get pink, have to wait like us, or flat out denied when you turn in the evidence. I think it is a ####### shoot either way.

How often do you call or e-mail the consulate? Are they friendly when you ask for a status update? Just curious about how you are dealing with the wait.

I have emailed the embassy 3 times in 6 months. They are always friendly and it is always a personal email to the questions I have asked in the email. And it always says about the same thing. Using my words it boils down to .... just wait and we will let Xuan know when we have made our decision... but alwasy differenty and always nice.

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F NOA1 : 3/10/08

I-129F NOA2 : 7/17/08

NVC Left : 7/25/08

Consulate Received : 8/4/08

Packet 3 Received : 8/8/08

Packet 4 Received : 9/12/08

Interview Date : 10/7/08

Received Green Sheet: 10/7/08

Turned in requested doc's for Green Sheet: 10/15/08

Got blue slip that says to wait for decision: 10/15/08

Still Waiting on a decision 11/22/08

Stilllll Waiting on a decision 2/2/09

Got a call with questions from the embassy3/9/09

Request sent to State Dept. to remove ineligibility status: 4/19/09

Approval letter recieved: 4/25/09

Pink Sheet: 4/27/09

Visa Received : 5/19/09

US Entry : 5/21/09

Marriage : 5/27/09

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks for posting the blue slip. We got the request for ex-spouse info as well as requesting to see more correspondence. My ex was not cooperative, but I did supply enough evidence to satisfy the request as my wife got the pink slip and is now here.

How many times did you visit? How long was your "courtship?" How were you introduced? These are two of the biggies in HCMC. Are you both divorced from Vietnamese ex-spouses? Are you from the same town/village?

Your blue slip asks for a lot of "basic" information about your relationship. It appears that your 2 lbs. of paper was not filled with the right information. Be sure that you submit the proper evidence, not just a lot of evidence. Your evidence needs to show the outline of your "love story" and your wife needs to color in the details at the interview. Was she able to speak to the CO in english or did she use the translator?

If she was extremely nervous and unable to remember details of your life that could have created the doubt in the CO's mind. She needs to know all the things that a wife would typically know about her spouse. Several "I don't knows", or contradictions of info on the 130 form are red flags.

Take all the VJ input and assemble the needed evidence. Run your story by some folks that will give you true feedback as far as the completeness and believability. If it won't pass the smell test, then you have more work to do. Also, be sure that your wife is confident in her knowledge of the process, the information being submitted, and the details of your life.

Best of luck. Don't give up!!

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

The interview for her was not a problem. It was my failure to submit certain documents. She has informed me that the Staff behind the glass were kind to her.

What I learned the hard way is the Consulate is the controlling factor. So to everybody... I say bend on knee to the CO.

Timeline
The interview for her was not a problem. It was my failure to submit certain documents. She has informed me that the Staff behind the glass were kind to her.

What I learned the hard way is the Consulate is the controlling factor. So to everybody... I say bend on knee to the CO.

The Consulate will not let you know where your case is in line. I contact them every other week asking, but I get the same response. "Due to the high volume ... blah blah blah. We are unable to .....blah blah blah. We will notify Tuyen once a decision has been made"

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So, after waiting since Oct 15 2007 when we turned in the requested documents and received our second sheet, I got a call from the embassy in HCMC. On Monday 3/3/9/09 at about 10:30pm my time a lady from the embassy called and asked if she could talk to me (like I am going to say no?). She then asked me about 20 or 30 questions. Many about our case but some I will list below were more specific about Xuan and her family. After she asked me the questions I took the opportunity to thank her for calling and asked here a few questions. I asked her if she could tell me what comes next and of course she could not. I explained how hard it has been waiting for the decision and how we understood that it does take time. I thanked her again for the opportunity to answer her questions and then we hung up.

The questions that were not on the list that Peter has sent to me.

How many brothers and sisters dose she have?

Where does her parents live?

Did any of your family come with you on your visits?

Where does she work?

How long has she worked there?

Who does she live with?

Does she live with her parents? (answered 2 times but ok)

How did you meet?

Who started communication?

How do you communicate now?

What is her phone number?

What is your address?

Where do you work?

How long have you worked there?

Who lives with you?

Have you been married before?

How many times?

When did you get divorced?

Where do they live now?

How many visits did you make?

When where your visits?

How long did you stay?

Did you travel when you were here?

Where did you travel?

When did you get engaged?

Ok, some of those questions are on Peter's list. Of course I did explain more then just the answers on each question. Especially the questions about Xuan and her family. I wanted to get across that I actually know what I am talking about (I hope that is what I did anyway)

Now for the fun part. As soon as I was done talking to her I called Xuan but she did not answer. After about 10 min Xuan called me. I guess after the lady hung up with me she called Xuan and asked her about 40 questions. After she was done with Xuan, we talked for about 40 min. Come to find out the embassy then called her father posing as a "friend of Xuan's" asking questions. Her father asked if she was from the embassy and she said no. The lady from the embassy questioned her father for about 20 or 30 questions then hung up. Shortly after that she called back and said she was from the embassy and questioned him some more. Xuan said that her father did very well. We did not match every answer exact but we were very close. The lady asked Xuan to speak in English which she had no problem doing. Xuan said the lady told her that it was getting close to the time where they had to say yes or no to her visa so that is why they are calling. I am not sure exactly if that is a good or bad thing but I am very happy that we had the opportunity to actually talk to someone and had the opportunity to answer their questions and add a few words. I got the impression that we would know for sure very soon.

I hope it was enough to get the Pink. :dance::wacko:

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F NOA1 : 3/10/08

I-129F NOA2 : 7/17/08

NVC Left : 7/25/08

Consulate Received : 8/4/08

Packet 3 Received : 8/8/08

Packet 4 Received : 9/12/08

Interview Date : 10/7/08

Received Green Sheet: 10/7/08

Turned in requested doc's for Green Sheet: 10/15/08

Got blue slip that says to wait for decision: 10/15/08

Still Waiting on a decision 11/22/08

Stilllll Waiting on a decision 2/2/09

Got a call with questions from the embassy3/9/09

Request sent to State Dept. to remove ineligibility status: 4/19/09

Approval letter recieved: 4/25/09

Pink Sheet: 4/27/09

Visa Received : 5/19/09

US Entry : 5/21/09

Marriage : 5/27/09

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Timeline
So, after waiting since Oct 15 2007 when we turned in the requested documents and received our second sheet, I got a call from the embassy in HCMC. On Monday 3/3/9/09 at about 10:30pm my time a lady from the embassy called and asked if she could talk to me (like I am going to say no?). She then asked me about 20 or 30 questions. Many about our case but some I will list below were more specific about Xuan and her family. After she asked me the questions I took the opportunity to thank her for calling and asked here a few questions. I asked her if she could tell me what comes next and of course she could not. I explained how hard it has been waiting for the decision and how we understood that it does take time. I thanked her again for the opportunity to answer her questions and then we hung up.

The questions that were not on the list that Peter has sent to me.

How many brothers and sisters dose she have?

Where does her parents live?

Did any of your family come with you on your visits?

Where does she work?

How long has she worked there?

Who does she live with?

Does she live with her parents? (answered 2 times but ok)

How did you meet?

Who started communication?

How do you communicate now?

What is her phone number?

What is your address?

Where do you work?

How long have you worked there?

Who lives with you?

Have you been married before?

How many times?

When did you get divorced?

Where do they live now?

How many visits did you make?

When where your visits?

How long did you stay?

Did you travel when you were here?

Where did you travel?

When did you get engaged?

Ok, some of those questions are on Peter's list. Of course I did explain more then just the answers on each question. Especially the questions about Xuan and her family. I wanted to get across that I actually know what I am talking about (I hope that is what I did anyway)

Now for the fun part. As soon as I was done talking to her I called Xuan but she did not answer. After about 10 min Xuan called me. I guess after the lady hung up with me she called Xuan and asked her about 40 questions. After she was done with Xuan, we talked for about 40 min. Come to find out the embassy then called her father posing as a "friend of Xuan's" asking questions. Her father asked if she was from the embassy and she said no. The lady from the embassy questioned her father for about 20 or 30 questions then hung up. Shortly after that she called back and said she was from the embassy and questioned him some more. Xuan said that her father did very well. We did not match every answer exact but we were very close. The lady asked Xuan to speak in English which she had no problem doing. Xuan said the lady told her that it was getting close to the time where they had to say yes or no to her visa so that is why they are calling. I am not sure exactly if that is a good or bad thing but I am very happy that we had the opportunity to actually talk to someone and had the opportunity to answer their questions and add a few words. I got the impression that we would know for sure very soon.

I hope it was enough to get the Pink. :dance::wacko:

Fingers crossed for you. Good luck. Maybe my case will be complete soon.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Hey Jack,

i belive that's a good thing

goodluck to you and Xuan

Engaged: 8/19/2006

Married: 2/25/2008

Sent I-130: 6/5/2008

NOA1 Recieved: 6/26/2008

Transferred to CSC: 12/17/2008

Touched: 12/22/2008

Touched: 12/29/2008

Touched: 12/30/2008

Touched: 12/31/2008

Approved: 12/31/2008

NVC Received 01/07/2009

AOS I-864 Fee Bill arrived: 01/17/2009

"There ain't no answer. There ain't gonna be any answer. There never has been an answer. That's the answer. "

Timeline

sounds like a big positive. Great news!!!

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Ok... After 4 trips to Saigon, The consulate has stopped the dance for documents and has issued my wife a pink slip.

Informing her to return on the 31st of March to pick up Visa.

Has anybody been misled at this point? Is it another tease?

finally :-)

Congrat! anh sáu

Engaged: 8/19/2006

Married: 2/25/2008

Sent I-130: 6/5/2008

NOA1 Recieved: 6/26/2008

Transferred to CSC: 12/17/2008

Touched: 12/22/2008

Touched: 12/29/2008

Touched: 12/30/2008

Touched: 12/31/2008

Approved: 12/31/2008

NVC Received 01/07/2009

AOS I-864 Fee Bill arrived: 01/17/2009

"There ain't no answer. There ain't gonna be any answer. There never has been an answer. That's the answer. "

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Ok... After 4 trips to Saigon, The consulate has stopped the dance for documents and has issued my wife a pink slip.

No, I think you're OK. The 31st would be a normal wait for visa issuance. Congratulations to you both.

Timeline

Great News. Congrats to the both of you!!!

OH sure!! I have to read it here instead of getting a phone call?! Congrats man! Can't wait to meet her in person. Hopefully she'll be here before I leave :D

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

Congrats to both of you!

Second K1: I-129F Timeline

--------------------

Sept 15, 2007: I-129F sent to VSC

Sept 24, 2007: NOA1 hard copy received

Jan 25, 2008: Approved

Feb 01, 2008: NOA2 hard copy received

April 24, 20008: Interviewed

May 06, 2008: Received Visa

May 11, 2008: Entry to US "Chicago"

May 15, 2008: Registered Marriage's license

Sept 19, 2008: Received Green Card w/o interview

=========================

***Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

June 19,2010 - I751 Package sent to VSC

June 28,2010 - Received NOA1

July 07, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 09, 2010 - Approved w/o Interview

August 19, 2010 - 10 Year Green Card Received

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Feb 2012 - Received U.S Citizenship

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Would a lawyer even be of any benefit? Our case is simple and generic. No fraud or deceit.

Congrats

If your suggesting that people that hire a lawyer are part of fraud or deceit you are wrong. Many people on here including me hired a lawyer and are legit no deceit. The lawyer is like anything else if you have a bad one it can hurt if you have a good one it can help. I had a bad one so I would have been better off not hiring a lawyer and making an extra trip. The lawyer gave me bum info I think on purpose so I would have to hire him to do a marriage visa. I'm scared to death to do any legal documents. I cannot even do my taxes. If you only made one trip and got your visa then you were very lucky. CR1's are easier to get then K1 or K3's. But one trip they usually deny unless 1. your wife is pregnant or you share common children 2. you and your wife share a common language and she aced the interview, 3. You got an interviewer they use for congressional inquires they almost always pass everybody.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-04

Interview Date : 2008-11-06

Interview Result : Denied 2008-12-05

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Marriage : 2009-04-13

I-130 Sent : 2009-04-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-04-29

I-130 Approved : 2009-09-09

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 4 Received : 2009-11-13

Interview Date : 2009-12-23

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2010-01-07

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

By my side happy everafter 02-19-10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.