alexkat09

MY USEM INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

28 posts in this topic

MY US EMBASSY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE: IR1 and IR2 VISA
Schedule of Interview: March 6, 2009 8:30am

Woke up at 3am. Prepared and ate breakfast.
Took a bath
Get dressed

5:45 am Leave the house

6:15 am Arrived at the US Embassy.
Presented my Appointment Letter to the Guard and told me to go to GATE 2
Bags being checked
Headed to Immigrant Visa Section
Guard asked me my time schedule and told me to join and sit beside those who are scheduled at 8:30am

PROCEDURES:
STEP 1 Ticket booth
STEP 2 Finger Scanning (WINDOW 16)
STEP 3 Pre Screener
STEP 4 Consul

6:45 am Guard told us to fall in line at the Ticket Booth
The Lady asked for our Appointment Letter and took it
Gave me a Ticket number and Air21 Shipment Information Slip given
Ticket number: 5015 for me and 5016 for my son

Waited for my name to be called / number flashed on the board for Finger Scanning. Waited for sooooo long. It was already 8:30 but my name is not yet called. Fall in line at Window 16 to asked and checked if I was already called. Presented her my number. The Lady told me that our folders is not yet with her. Sit and waited again. It was already 9:30am and I haven’t heard my name yet. Went to Window 16, fall in line for the second time. Showed her my number. And again the lady told me that its not yet with her. I’m so nervous at this time thinking of what happened to our papers. Asked the guard why is it that my name is haven’t called yet. He told me that maybe because there is a problem with your papers. I’m soooo worried of what the guard told me :( . I asked another Lady, the Lady assisting people to the consul room. Asked her why is it that my name is haven’t called yet. Its already 10am. She was so nice because she took a follow up why my name is not yet called. After 5 mins of her follow up. At last I heard my name. The lady in Window 16 told me that my name is already called awhile ago. HUH? Haven’t noticed that I was already called maybe because my attention is divided into two. Oopppsss! Three rather,,,my son which is playing with other kids, my number to be called, my number to be flashed at the board. Be sure to listen attentively and don’t answer yet your AIR21 Shipment Slip to get really focused in listening for your name to be called.

10:00 am Finger Scanning at WINDOW 16. My son did not go through finger scanning because he is still a minor.
Sit and Waited for my number to be flashed for Pre-Screening

5015> WINDOW 19

PRE-SCREENING:
Greeted the Pre-Screener. I was so lucky because my pre-screener is so nice of me and my son. He asked me if I have a CENOMAR. I hand it to him. He let me signed part 2 of the DS230. My son’s DS230 and my DS230.

Questions Asked to me:
Who is my Petitioner?
How did he get to the US and in what year?
When did he become US Citizen?
When was the last time you saw him?
What is the occupation of my Petitioner?
Have you been to the US before?
Have you travel to different Countries before?

Questions Asked to my son:
What is your name?
How old are you?

The pre-screener asked for some pictures and proofs of relationship. I gave him pictures, remittances, plane tickets, cards. Took the documents and told me to sit and wait. Said Thank you to the Pre-screener.

Sit and waited for my number for Final Interview

5015 > WINDOW 28

Went to WINDOW 28. Actually it was a small room with the same set up as the pre-screener. A Window inside a small room.hehehe.
Opened the sliding door. We greeted the Consul,“Good morning Sir”. He replied, “ Magandang Umaga po” I was amazed because the Consul assigned to us can speak a little tagalong. Our Conversation is not tagalong at all. If he asked me in tagalong, I answer him in tagalong. Asked me in English, answered him in English. The Consul told me to sitdown.
Consul: “ Ano gusto mo? Tagalog or English”
Pretty_Wahine09: It’s up to you po Sir”
Consul: “Itaaas ang kanang kamay” “ Ikaw ba ay sumusumpa na magsasabi ng totoo at pawang katotohanan….”
Pretty_Wahine09: “Opo Sir”

Questions Asked:
Who is my Petitioner?
What company is he in?
Is my husband the biological father of my son?
How long have you been married?

What is your name?
When is your birthday?

He also checked the papers of my son. Looking for a form telling that my son is already Citizen when he finally get to Hawaii. (At the back of my mind… “Why did he said that? Does it means that our papers are approved?)
He also asked me if I only have 1 son? I said “no Sir” I do have a 3 month old baby.

Consul: When is his birthday?
Pretty_Wahine09: November 8, 2008 Sir.
Consul: “Your baby is already a US Citizen. Did you already apply for CRBA?
Pretty_Wahine09: “Yes Sir. I already called Air 21 and delivered me the CRBA Package. I will call them as soon as I got home for pick-up.”

He also asked me on What is the Economic status in Hawaii right now?
I told him that some of the companies shut down and some of the employees got laid off.

While he was doing his interview, he was typing details on the computer screen then he finally said, “ I didn't see any problem with all your submitted documents. Your Visa is APPROVED” .

Pretty_Wahine09: “Thank you so much Sir :)
Consul: “Do still have questions you would like to ask?
Pretty_wahine09: Nothing po Sir”
Consul: “Are you sure?”
Pretty_Wahine09: “Yes Sir”
Consul: “Have a nice day!”
Pretty_Wahine09: Thank you Sir. Have a nice day too :)

Went outside the Small room. Sit and waited for my name to be called in front of WINDOW 37. While waiting for my name to be called. I answered the AIR21 Shipment Information. Name was called. Gave back the documents that was asked. Got PINK SLIP! :dance: . The Pink Slip is attatched to your Appointment Letter that was taken in the Ticket Booth. The Lady told me to go to the AIR21 Booth. Went to AIR21 Booth. Gave the Shipment Information Slip. Run down the info to the computer. Asked me to double check the info if there are some errors. Finally Paid for 205 pesos each. Gave me the Receipt, Authorization Letter and my PINK SLIP attached to your Appoinment Letter.

Thank GOD! After the long wait…. It was paid off. GOD is really GOOD. The Pre-screener and Consul that is assigned to us are both nice!. I’m soooo HAPPY :dance:

Again, Thank you VISA JOURNEY! :)

payitforward.jpg

Karma_Me_Banner.gif

WELCOME TO MY PAGEhttp://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=53615

CEMAR/MARRIAGE INDEX

CENOMAR.jpg

CENOMAR

CENOMAR_SINGLE.jpg

congratz! So happy for you both. Yes God is very good.

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage : 2007-05-10

I-130 Sent : 2008-06-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-07-09

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-27

NVC Received : 2009-02-02

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-02-11

DS-3032 E-Mail accepted: 2009-02-11

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-02-14

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-02-14

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-02-18

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-02-11

IV Bill generated: 2009-02-11

Receive IV Bill : 2009-02-14

Pay IV Bill : 2009-02-14

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-02-18

NVC received both packages: 2009-02-20

DS-230 & I-864 scanned NVC: 2009-02-23

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-02-26

Interview confirmed: 2009-02-27

NVC Left : 2009-03-06

Consulate Received : 2009-03-09

Medical completed: 2009-03-20

Interview Date : 2009-04-03

Visa Received : 2009-04-07

US Entry : 2009-05-10

congratz! So happy for you both. Yes God is very good.

Thanks you MMW :) Goodluck on ur medical and interview. Sana mging ok result nyo ni Pia :) Godbless

payitforward.jpg

Karma_Me_Banner.gif

CEMAR/MARRIAGE INDEX

CENOMAR.jpg

CENOMAR

CENOMAR_SINGLE.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Congratulations!! :star:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Took a bath

Get dressed

Bags being checked

Guard asked me my time schedule and told me to join and sit beside those who are scheduled at 8:30am

PROCEDURES:

STEP 1 Ticket booth

STEP 3 Pre Screener

STEP 4 Consul

Waited for my name to be called / number flashed on the board for Finger Scanning. Waited for sooooo long. It was already 8:30 but my name is not yet called. Fall in line at Window 16 to asked and checked if I was already called. Presented her my number. The Lady told me that our folders is not yet with her. Sit and waited again. It was already 9:30am and I haven’t heard my name yet. Went to Window 16, fall in line for the second time. Showed her my number. And again the lady told me that its not yet with her. I’m so nervous at this time thinking of what happened to our papers. Asked the guard why is it that my name is haven’t called yet. He told me that maybe because there is a problem with your papers. I’m soooo worried of what the guard told me :( . I asked another Lady, the Lady assisting people to the consul room. Asked her why is it that my name is haven’t called yet. Its already 10am. She was so nice because she took a follow up why my name is not yet called. After 5 mins of her follow up. At last I heard my name. The lady in Window 16 told me that my name is already called awhile ago. HUH? Haven’t noticed that I was already called maybe because my attention is divided into two. Oopppsss! Three rather,,,my son which is playing with other kids, my number to be called, my number to be flashed at the board. Be sure to listen attentively and don’t answer yet your AIR21 Shipment Slip to get really focused in listening for your name to be called.

10:00 am Finger Scanning at WINDOW 16. My son did not go through finger scanning because he is still a minor.

5015> WINDOW 19

PRE-SCREENING:

Greeted the Pre-Screener. I was so lucky because my pre-screener is so nice of me and my son. He asked me if I have a CENOMAR. I hand it to him. He let me signed part 2 of the DS230. My son’s DS230 and my DS230.

Questions Asked to me:

Who is my Petitioner?

What is your name?

How old are you?

The pre-screener asked for some pictures and proofs of relationship. I gave him pictures, remittances, plane tickets, cards. Took the documents and told me to sit and wait. Said Thank you to the Pre-screener.

5015 > WINDOW 28

Went to WINDOW 28. Actually it was a small room with the same set up as the pre-screener. A Window inside a small room.hehehe.

Opened the sliding door. We greeted the Consul,“Good morning Sir”. He replied, “ Magandang Umaga po” I was amazed because the Consul assigned to us can speak a little tagalong. Our Conversation is not tagalong at all. If he asked me in tagalong, I answer him in tagalong. Asked me in English, answered him in English. The Consul told me to sitdown.

Consul: “Itaaas ang kanang kamay” “ Ikaw ba ay sumusumpa na magsasabi ng totoo at pawang katotohanan….”

Questions Asked:

Who is my Petitioner?

What company is he in?

What is your name?

When is your birthday?

He also checked the papers of my son. Looking for a form telling that my son is already Citizen when he finally get to Hawaii. (At the back of my mind… “Why did he said that? Does it means that our papers are approved?)

He also asked me if I only have 1 son? I said “no Sir” I do have a 3 month old baby.

Pretty_Wahine09: “Yes Sir. I already called Air 21 and delivered me the CRBA Package. I will call them as soon as I got home for pick-up.”

I told him that some of the companies shut down and some of the employees got laid off.

While he was doing his interview, he was typing details on the computer screen then he finally said, “ I didn't see any problem with all your submitted documents. Your Visa is APPROVED” .

Went outside the Small room. Sit and waited for my name to be called in front of WINDOW 37. While waiting for my name to be called. I answered the AIR21 Shipment Information. Name was called. Gave back the documents that was asked. Got PINK SLIP! :dance: . The Pink Slip is attatched to your Appointment Letter that was taken in the Ticket Booth. The Lady told me to go to the AIR21 Booth. Went to AIR21 Booth. Gave the Shipment Information Slip. Run down the info to the computer. Asked me to double check the info if there are some errors. Finally Paid for 205 pesos each. Gave me the Receipt, Authorization Letter and my PINK SLIP attached to your Appoinment Letter.

Thank GOD! After the long wait…. It was paid off. GOD is really GOOD. The Pre-screener and Consul that is assigned to us are both nice!. I’m soooo HAPPY :dance:

CONGRATS AND WITH THE REST OF YOUR JOURNEYS... TAKE CARE !!!

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

Took a bath

Get dressed

Bags being checked

PROCEDURES:

STEP 1 Ticket booth

STEP 3 Pre Screener

STEP 4 Consul

Waited for my name to be called / number flashed on the board for Finger Scanning. Waited for sooooo long. It was already 8:30 but my name is not yet called. Fall in line at Window 16 to asked and checked if I was already called. Presented her my number. The Lady told me that our folders is not yet with her. Sit and waited again. It was already 9:30am and I haven't heard my name yet. Went to Window 16, fall in line for the second time. Showed her my number. And again the lady told me that its not yet with her. I'm so nervous at this time thinking of what happened to our papers. Asked the guard why is it that my name is haven't called yet. He told me that maybe because there is a problem with your papers. I'm soooo worried of what the guard told me :( . I asked another Lady, the Lady assisting people to the consul room. Asked her why is it that my name is haven't called yet. Its already 10am. She was so nice because she took a follow up why my name is not yet called. After 5 mins of her follow up. At last I heard my name. The lady in Window 16 told me that my name is already called awhile ago. HUH? Haven't noticed that I was already called maybe because my attention is divided into two. Oopppsss! Three rather,,,my son which is playing with other kids, my number to be called, my number to be flashed at the board. Be sure to listen attentively and don't answer yet your AIR21 Shipment Slip to get really focused in listening for your name to be called.

5015> WINDOW 19

PRE-SCREENING:

Greeted the Pre-Screener. I was so lucky because my pre-screener is so nice of me and my son. He asked me if I have a CENOMAR. I hand it to him. He let me signed part 2 of the DS230. My son's DS230 and my DS230.

Questions Asked to me:

Who is my Petitioner?

What is your name?

How old are you?

5015 > WINDOW 28

Opened the sliding door. We greeted the Consul,"Good morning Sir". He replied, " Magandang Umaga po" I was amazed because the Consul assigned to us can speak a little tagalong. Our Conversation is not tagalong at all. If he asked me in tagalong, I answer him in tagalong. Asked me in English, answered him in English. The Consul told me to sitdown.

Consul: " Ano gusto mo? Tagalog or English"

Pretty_Wahine09: It's up to you po Sir"

Consul: "Itaaas ang kanang kamay" " Ikaw ba ay sumusumpa na magsasabi ng totoo at pawang katotohanan…."

Pretty_Wahine09: "Opo Sir"

Questions Asked:

Who is my Petitioner?

What company is he in?

What is your name?

When is your birthday?

He also checked the papers of my son. Looking for a form telling that my son is already Citizen when he finally get to Hawaii. (At the back of my mind… "Why did he said that? Does it means that our papers are approved?)

He also asked me if I only have 1 son? I said "no Sir" I do have a 3 month old baby.

Consul: "Your baby is already a US Citizen. Did you already apply for CRBA?

Pretty_Wahine09: "Yes Sir. I already called Air 21 and delivered me the CRBA Package. I will call them as soon as I got home for pick-up."

While he was doing his interview, he was typing details on the computer screen then he finally said, " I didn't see any problem with all your submitted documents. Your Visa is APPROVED" .

Pretty_Wahine09: "Thank you so much Sir :) "

Consul: "Do still have questions you would like to ask?

Pretty_wahine09: Nothing po Sir"

Consul: "Are you sure?"

Pretty_Wahine09: "Yes Sir"

Consul: "Have a nice day!"

Pretty_Wahine09: Thank you Sir. Have a nice day too :) "

Thank GOD! After the long wait…. It was paid off. GOD is really GOOD. The Pre-screener and Consul that is assigned to us are both nice!. I'm soooo HAPPY :dance:

Redited:

Congratulations!!

I didn't spotted that your son were born last Nov. 08

Edited by sj5

Took a bath

Get dressed

Bags being checked

PROCEDURES:

STEP 1 Ticket booth

STEP 3 Pre Screener

STEP 4 Consul

5015> WINDOW 19

PRE-SCREENING:

Questions Asked to me:

Who is my Petitioner?

What is your name?

How old are you?

5015 > WINDOW 28

Questions Asked:

Who is my Petitioner?

What company is he in?

What is your name?

When is your birthday?

CONGRATS AND WITH THE REST OF YOUR JOURNEYS... TAKE CARE !!!

Thank you... Take care also :)

payitforward.jpg

Karma_Me_Banner.gif

CEMAR/MARRIAGE INDEX

CENOMAR.jpg

CENOMAR

CENOMAR_SINGLE.jpg

congratz

ours juz got approved on the 23..

i have a question? its the CENMAR,does my husband need to get one even though we got married here in nevada?

thanks...and congratulations

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.