mbmw

Letter from VSC after 12 months

17 posts in this topic

Well. After 12 months and one week after contacting my house representative. I get a letter, not rfe not an aproval. But biometrics. They want me to go and do my fingerprints again.

Does that mean I will be aproved after the fingerprints? So confusing. The office of my rep said my file was in someones desk a week ago.

My file was received by VSC on march 14 2008

Filed: Timeline
Well. After 12 months and one week after contacting my house representative. I get a letter, not rfe not an aproval. But biometrics. They want me to go and do my fingerprints again.

Does that mean I will be aproved after the fingerprints? So confusing. The office of my rep said my file was in someones desk a week ago.

hi,

i had to do the same them but for aos. They require you to go for bio when its 1 year or older. Good news maybe they are looking at your file but for me ,after 3 weeks,still nothing yet. good luck

this is very crazy they should just approve u i see some people got approved after 1 year waiting but i think just us the moroccan has to do the fingershit twice i m still waiting for mine since march/13/08 i contact my congressman this week we will see next week VERMONT SUCKS

hi,

i had to do the same them but for aos. They require you to go for bio when its 1 year or older. Good news maybe they are looking at your file but for me ,after 3 weeks,still nothing yet. good luck

Thanks for you reply,

The last time I did my bios was on April 16th 2008, so they shouldn't have expired yet, they will soon.

Seems your first set of prints are not good enough, so you need to do them again.

Pretty standard, imho

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Other Timeline

Seems your first set of prints are not good enough, so you need to do them again.

Pretty standard, imho

Depends on when they were actually taken the first time.

Typically prints over fifteen months old need re-captured. It's odd (IMO) that if your first biometrics were captured less than 15 months ago and there were a 'problem' with that collection, that they are just getting around to a re-capture now.

At any rate, it sounds like good news. They must be getting ready to manufacture your card.

Pretty standard, imho

Depends on when they were actually taken the first time.

Typically prints over fifteen months old need re-captured. It's odd (IMO) that if your first biometrics were captured less than 15 months ago and there were a 'problem' with that collection, that they are just getting around to a re-capture now.

At any rate, it sounds like good news. They must be getting ready to manufacture your card.

VCS is working on FEB/2008. I just received a green card after 13 months

The CIS has been acting very strange when it comes to processing times. These days I have seen waivers processed in 2 months LOL. And some people are waiting 18 months to 2 years. There is really no set standard. And yes, its confusing. Doing biometrics again means that the old ones expired. Its could be an indicator of an approval, it could be an indicator of a delay. No one knows.

Good thing is that now your biometrics will be valid, the officer may approve you, rfe you, or may call you for an interview which is rare. But at least you'll get answers.

Edited by 3600rs

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello, A khoya

That is ridicules u have to get your finger print done from new. extra money and extra time.

why all that . why just approve u .

good luck akhoya .

February 01, 2010 Filed N-400 Citizenship.

February 08, 2010 Check Cashed.

February 10, 2010 NOA.

February 17, 2010 RFE Email.

February 22, 2010 Biometric Letter Received.

March 03, 2010 Biometric done.

March 13, 2010 Yellow Letter Received.

March 23, 2010 Email ( case transferred to local office for interview.

March 25, 2010 Interview Letter Arrived.

April 29, 2010 Interview (Rescheduled)

May 24, 2010 Interview (Passed)

June 17, 2010 Oath Letter Received

July 14, 2010 Oath Date ...........

July 14, 2010 DONE

Hello, A khoya

That is ridicules u have to get your finger print done from new. extra money and extra time.

why all that . why just approve u .

good luck akhoya .

Ahlan Khoya

No it says that it will be done at no cost to me, so i don't have to pay.

is is ridiculous anyway.

asalm a khaye nothing yet this is stressful i called the uscis last friday they put an inquiry on my case cause it was out of the processing time so the lady give me a new case number and advice me that they will find out what s going on i will hear from them within 1 month also i made infopass for this coming monday i will let u know good luck and assalam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.