suzukiwookie

Looking for a ride Toronto - Florida

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Anyone moving to Florida in March or April? I am moving down on march 16th, but don't have enough room in my car for all my stuff. Was hoping that I could find someone to move some of my stuff. I wil have a couple of suitcases and maybe 2 or 3 boxes. I would be willing to pay you something.

Please let me know!

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Have you tried posting on your local craigslist? More likely to find someone moving from your area.

Sheep: Baa-ram-ewe, baa-ram-ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true. Sheep be true. Baa-ram-ewe.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Have you tried posting on your local craigslist? More likely to find someone moving from your area.

I second this. Also try kijiji.ca

2004-09-03 : Met at college in USA and went on first date!

2008-01-02 : Married in Canada.

2008-01-07 : DH returns to USA.

2008-04-20 : Finally received marriage certificate from the province and filed 1-130 Petition.

2008-07-08 : I-130 Approved!

2008-09-15 : Received DS-230 and I-864.

2008-10-14: Mailed DS-230 and I-864

2008-10-30: DS-230 and I-864 received by NVC

2008-11-04: RFE

2008-11-18: Overnighted missing documents to NVC

2008-11-26: Case Complete at NVC!!

2008-03-02: Medical in Toronto

2009-03-23: Interview! Approved!

2009-04-04: The big move. POE: Blue Water Bridge. All went well.

2009-04-16: SSN arrives in the mail.

2009-04-24: PR card arrives in the mail.

Timeline

Thanks guys, I have tried CL and Kijiji... but no one responds. I have tried contacting three different people and no responses. I think they are probably nervous about hauling a stranger's stuff and/or probably are looking for a person to ride along with them vs. just hauling someone's stuff. Or maybe they're just rude and ignore their emails.. So far have not had sucesss with both of those websites.

Either way. I hope that someone on this board is traveling down and has a bit of extra space for my stuff. I wish I had more space in my car! It's amazing how much ####### you collect over the years..

hitchhiking-4.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks guys, I have tried CL and Kijiji... but no one responds. I have tried contacting three different people and no responses. I think they are probably nervous about hauling a stranger's stuff and/or probably are looking for a person to ride along with them vs. just hauling someone's stuff. Or maybe they're just rude and ignore their emails.. So far have not had sucesss with both of those websites.

Either way. I hope that someone on this board is traveling down and has a bit of extra space for my stuff. I wish I had more space in my car! It's amazing how much ####### you collect over the years..

hitchhiking-4.jpg

If that doesn't work out, you can rent one of those really small towalong things by UHAUL, I think they're pretty cheap and you're not using gas in them either.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

hitchhiking-4.jpg

If that doesn't work out, you can rent one of those really small towalong things by UHAUL, I think they're pretty cheap and you're not using gas in them either.

Hi JillA,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have already looked into the U-Haul thing, and it's not economical for me. The installation of the hitch plus the rental of the trailer already tops $500.. Besides, I don't want to haul anything with my car - it might harm the transmission.

I hope someone on here is moving down in the next month and is willing to haul some of my stuff (fingers crossed).

Timeline

Wow, I had this really creepy guy call me last night at about 10pm in response to my ad on CL. He says that he'll fly my stuff to Tampa for $20 per suitcase "anytime". So I'm like "WHat? Who is this? What do you mean anytime?"

And he's like "Are you going to have someone meet me at the Tampa airport?" And I said, "Wait, so you don't have a specific time you're flying down? This sounds kind of strange.. anytime." The guy had a really raspy voice and a New York accent (which is strange considering that he's supposed to be calling me from Toronto). He sounded like a stereotypical cartoon bad guy! lol So I started questioning him and he was all shifty and trying to avoid my questions, and finally he told me that he works for the airlines (Air Canada) and that he can transport as many suitcases as I want for $20 per piece.

So yeah... there's no way in hell I'm going to let Raspy McBadguy take my suitcases to Tampa and stuff them full of drugs. I want my wedding to be followed by a reception - not jail time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Wow, I had this really creepy guy call me last night at about 10pm in response to my ad on CL. He says that he'll fly my stuff to Tampa for $20 per suitcase "anytime". So I'm like "WHat? Who is this? What do you mean anytime?"

And he's like "Are you going to have someone meet me at the Tampa airport?" And I said, "Wait, so you don't have a specific time you're flying down? This sounds kind of strange.. anytime." The guy had a really raspy voice and a New York accent (which is strange considering that he's supposed to be calling me from Toronto). He sounded like a stereotypical cartoon bad guy! lol So I started questioning him and he was all shifty and trying to avoid my questions, and finally he told me that he works for the airlines (Air Canada) and that he can transport as many suitcases as I want for $20 per piece.

So yeah... there's no way in hell I'm going to let Raspy McBadguy take my suitcases to Tampa and stuff them full of drugs. I want my wedding to be followed by a reception - not jail time.

Good call, yeah that's just super creepy! Side note on CL, last night on ABC world news there was a spot on how CL has just been sued because apparently it's the most popular site to pick up prostitutes, for real!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG. That's so creepy. And funny. :lol:

Timeline

Good call, yeah that's just super creepy! Side note on CL, last night on ABC world news there was a spot on how CL has just been sued because apparently it's the most popular site to pick up prostitutes, for real!

Well I guess now you can pick up your prostitute at the Tampa airport conveniently stored in a suitcase for just $20! What a deal!!

Timeline

So Raspy McBadguy sends me this email last night.. jeez, is it this hard to find someone to take my stuff?

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY

** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home

** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping

** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

cris we chatted briefly on the phone

I have a friend who flies to tampa 2 a week out of buffalo (so now it's not him that works for Air Canada, it's his "friend" Hmm.. my confidence in this guy just went down another 5 points!)

he is willing to check in whatever you need 20 bucks a box,suitcase

etc.........

but has to be out of buffalo airport (Hm.. that's funny, I wasn't aware the Air Canada now operated out of Buffalo airport. What's next, I have to send a money order to Nigeria?)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.