johnholmessc

Another DCF Question - Help!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

A rather straightforward question and hopefully someone can get back to me regarding this:

I sent in our I-130 petition for my wife via DCF to the US Embassy in Rome at the beginning of February. Didn't hear anything from them for a couple of weeks; wrote to them and confirmed that they had received it on the 11th of Feb and it was "pending". Another week passed so Monday I gave them a call and they said that everything was fine but that they were waiting for info to arrive from the US; basically the last time my wife attempted to come to the US via the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), she was refused entry given that she had been spending too much time in the US and not enough in Italy (they actually let her in on parole for 3 days and then we returned to Italy together). This was not an overstay, removal, or anything like this; just a simple refusal. Anyway, the Embassy referenced that she had a case in the US and they were waiting for this information to arrive so that they could adjudicate and approve the petition and said that it generally takes a "few weeks" to get this.

My question is this: Does anyone else filing a DCF (or an I-130 in general) have any experience with this? How long did it take to get the petition approved in a similar situation? I'm not particularly concerned with the request for the case information - like I said, from what I understand a VWP refusal is not anything important - but I am extremely frustrated with living in Italy and basically cannot stand it anymore. My frustration grows with each passing day that I have to be here, but I would never leave my wife and daughter to go back to the US until all three of us could depart together.

Any response or information to alleviate my anxiety would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!! :blink:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Anyone?!? Please?!?

You sound like my husband ... itching to get out Ireland!!

I was refused entry to the US in 2003 I think it was - same thing, too many ins and outs, no overstays. We have previously gone through the K1 process in 2005 and it took about 3 months. The VWP refusal didn't seem to hold things up. The questions I was asked at the Embassy interview were all about that, why was I going in and out etc.

We moved back to Ireland almost 3 years ago so I handed back my greencard (sorry this is so long winded!!) and are now in the process of applying again via DCF here in the US Embassy. I'm not sure if the process has become much stricter and how the refusal will affect our petition, but I suppose I know know that I should expect some delays.

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.