1,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh I'm glad it all worked out! Sorry you were under such stress, I can understand now why you hadn't been around in a few days. You must be absolutely overjoyed though! When does she come to the US?

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
Hey Jomegared...whats the news? Such suspense here!!!

Sorry sorry.

So, its good. Monday came around and they said, COME TOMORROW. So midnight on Monday my gal starts looking over the paperwork.

FINALLY she realizes the Bio wasn't filled out by our lawyer so she scrambles, calls me, and we get it done. 1am she finally sleeps. 6 30am her

time I call her and wake her up. She goes, sits down with the interviewer and he says......

"So tell me about this arrest."

From there she begins to explain what happened and how she ended up overstaying her student visa.

He says,

"You know this makes you ineligible to receive a visa right?"

She proclaims, "Yes I do and it was my fault for being naive of the law."

He glances over her evidence, looks at a couple pictures and just lets Hanane talk about us.

He says he doesn't doubt the validity of our relationship, but he needs to check with Homeland Security about her.

"I'll call you in a couple days."

The interview itself took twenty minutes.

She was in the waiting room before it for over 2 hours which for CASA is pretty short.

Needless to say fell asleep while waiting. lol. Cutie. Anywho....

Two days go by and im flippin my ######.

He calls her today and says the story checks out, you were under the limit to define an overstay can you come pick up your visa?

To which Hanane replies.....

"No, actually I'm kinda busy right now with work. Can I come tomorrow?"

"Oh...little miss Hanane is busy. Never have I called someone to come pick up a visa, and they told me no! Sure you can come tomorrow." He said.

Thank god. So many ups and downs.

Such a process. Be sure to look for some videos I'm going to make about immigration when reform hits next year.

Thanks all for your support. You are close. Very close, and it will all be worth the wait.

Much love.

J

oh wow. Glad it all worked out! i'm still LOL at the " i'm busy can i pick it up tomorrow part"..:) i would be like screw boss and hi tailed it to the office :P

most of us in march have had a few ups and downs one way or another, whether it was lost paperowork, medical issues, uscis errors. But your right. we are all either at the finish line or very very close. IF it weren't for you all and these forums i do not know what i would have done :)

Congrats once again!

HWDWm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Finally sent my AOS papers :) Have the Lockbox stamp as proof of delivery, but waiting for NOA1 now. Wednesday my I-94 expires. Again can't start early enough filing papers. Happy holidays everyone.

Edited by FranziskaS

age.png

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-17

I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-19

I-129F NOA2: 2009-07-10

NVC recieved: 2009-07-22

NVC left: 2009-07-29

Consulate recieved: 2009-08-03

Packet 3 recieved: 2009-08-07

Packet 3 sent: 2009-08-07

Recieved letter with request to send copies

of all previous visas to the consulate

on: 2009-08-12 and sent it same day

Packet 4 recieved: 2009-08-25

Interview: 2009-09-02

Visa picked up! : 2009-09-15

US entry: 2009-09-17

Marriage: 2009-10-23

AOS sent: 2009-12-10

AOS recieved: 2009-12-14

RFE for medical form I-693: 2010-01-07

Biometrics: 2010-01-21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Finally sent my AOS papers :) Have the Lockbox stamp as proof of delivery, but waiting for NOA1 now. Wednesday my I-94 expires. Again can't start early enough filing papers. Happy holidays everyone.

Good I'm happy, you're almost completely done!

Happy holidays!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Medical has been completed. It wasn't nearly as terrible as I feared it would be. :) I'm so relieved to have it out of the way.

Now, just waiting for the interview date.

Congrats!! My fiance had his medical on November 24th. So now we wait for the interview as well...this is ridiculous....how long does it take for us to get an interview....in March it will be a year since we started....I thought they said the process took 6 months?

Timeline
Medical has been completed. It wasn't nearly as terrible as I feared it would be. :) I'm so relieved to have it out of the way.

Congrats!! My fiance had his medical on November 24th. So now we wait for the interview as well...this is ridiculous....how long does it take for us to get an interview....in March it will be a year since we started....I thought they said the process took 6 months?

hahahaahaha cough sorry

last march i was told 3 months by my lawyer. took 9 for the noa2. now i have to wait another 4-6 months for an interview at my consulate. Looks like it will take more than 12 months for me to get to my beloved in chicago.

oh did i mention..patience is most definatly not one of my virtues....

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

hahahaahaha cough sorry

last march i was told 3 months by my lawyer. took 9 for the noa2. now i have to wait another 4-6 months for an interview at my consulate. Looks like it will take more than 12 months for me to get to my beloved in chicago.

oh did i mention..patience is most definatly not one of my virtues....

Well I hope that in the end it will be!

Think of all you have been through now, you two will always have this struggle to tell to your kids someday to teach them the lesson of patience and perseverance!

Hang in there Kimbear! I'm praying for you. You two will be together soon inshallah.

Timeline

We also filed in March. Our Packet 3 was returned on the 19th November. Our interview date finally came last Wednesday. 15th January our interview is. I hope yours comes soon. This process certainly takes its time -- I am somewhat glad my fiance and I didn't have our heart set on anything sooner than a Feb marriage.

Edited by FrostyMist

Timeline

When i'm physically in the same room with David i have no cares in the world and all the patience anyone could have. It's when we're apart that i lose it. However things are a bit better now that we live closer. I just wish i'd get my damn p3 already. sooo annoying waiting on a consulate that i cannot get ahold of and who wont answer my emails, i cant phone fax, and david cna't even get in touch with them unless it's by appointment now. sigh.

I had hoped to have p3 by now so i could cross border this weekend for xmas, having that letter in my hands etc with all my last years paperwork etc would have made it easier i think, especially with my past entrance refusals last year. Now it looks like i can't see my new family for xmas again.

And Davids best friend just lost his mother so it's not fair of me to take david away from his friends / family at this time of year. Ah well..dont feel like xmas really anyway, still no snow up here.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline
Letter with interview date arrived in the post today. Interview is scheduled for 15th January. So nervous already!

CONGRATS TO YOU!! We are waiting on our interview letter. How can I check if they received my last set of paperwork? We sent it off at the end of October and he called and got his medical set up for November 24th. He's done that and now we have not heard anything since the medical. Who should we call and can we chek online to see if anyone has looked at it?

Timeline
CONGRATS TO YOU!! We are waiting on our interview letter. How can I check if they received my last set of paperwork? We sent it off at the end of October and he called and got his medical set up for November 24th. He's done that and now we have not heard anything since the medical. Who should we call and can we chek online to see if anyone has looked at it?

You know what...I called and changed his address several months ago. I hope they didn't "F" something up!!

Timeline

I would just email and ask.

Timeline

I'd be getting a little concerned about not having heard from them by now. Did you send in the checklist? The checklist does ask where you want your appointment letter sending.

You cannot email the embassy unless you have the code. You get the code by calling the embassy helpline. Unfortunately, they will charge you about £1.20 a minute for the pleasure.

You could also try checking on the status of your case by calling DoS. There's a topic about calling DoS here. DoS can tell you whether the embassy have received your packet, and even what date an interview has been scheduled for once one has been made.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
Letter with interview date arrived in the post today. Interview is scheduled for 15th January. So nervous already!

Okay so I called the DOS on Monday and they stated they never received my fiance's DS230 (I think thats what its called) form that he sent back in October, they got the medical, but not that form. So he filled out another one and got delivery confirmation...they received it today...now they better not come back talking ish like they didn't get it this time!! Just prolonging this process even more...I'm pissed!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey,

everyone! I wanted to let you guys know what has happened since I sent in my AOS. They sent me NOA1, cashed the check. So I was hoping everything was ok. Today unfortunately I get an RFE in the mail. The weired thing is that it is for an incomplete medical exam (I-693). well, according to the instructions for the I-485 say, that if you are a k1/k2 and you had the medical within the last year only the vaccination document is required. So after a little research on visa journey it seems to be the case that a lot of k1 have recieved this rfe. Nobody really knows why, but people are assuming that uscis lost e lot of medicals. So for those who still have their medical ahead of them, maybe try to get two copies possibly with origional signatures, if that is even possible. I will probably end up getting a new medical. and why not since all us immigrants are loaded with money, while not being able to work....they really are doing whatever they want with us. Feel bad having made it to the US compared to you guys and having to tell you the rediculousness will continue.

I am glad to hear though that you guys are getting medicals and interviews set up. Will keep you posted about my rfe issue.

Fran

age.png

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-17

I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-19

I-129F NOA2: 2009-07-10

NVC recieved: 2009-07-22

NVC left: 2009-07-29

Consulate recieved: 2009-08-03

Packet 3 recieved: 2009-08-07

Packet 3 sent: 2009-08-07

Recieved letter with request to send copies

of all previous visas to the consulate

on: 2009-08-12 and sent it same day

Packet 4 recieved: 2009-08-25

Interview: 2009-09-02

Visa picked up! : 2009-09-15

US entry: 2009-09-17

Marriage: 2009-10-23

AOS sent: 2009-12-10

AOS recieved: 2009-12-14

RFE for medical form I-693: 2010-01-07

Biometrics: 2010-01-21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.