22 posts in this topic

Don't forget to resubmit everything you've send before, sometimes they misplace documents and then just send an RFE.

Hence why I wrote "my full name, form number I-751, Joint Petition to remove conditions on permanent resident A-Number" on every page that has things on it, some of my stuff is single side, some double sided. That way even if they drop my file and then mixed with some other files (which is not possible because I put mine with ACCO fasterner like the instructions said), they'll have a way to find out which ones are mine, and I don't care about the others. It took me forever to wrote them, about 80 pages.

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yeah, I meant more that during our K1 process several people who had RFEs simply re-submitted the exact same package and got approved, so sometimes it seems they misplace the entire file or something, or just randomly select people to be RFE'd. :o

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
Yeah, I meant more that during our K1 process several people who had RFEs simply re-submitted the exact same package and got approved, so sometimes it seems they misplace the entire file or something, or just randomly select people to be RFE'd. :o

Well, ours was most likely not an accident. We didn't have major stuff like a bank account. I'm trying to add my wife to the credit card I recently got right now. (which i should have probably done earlier)

Filing for N-400 now

Filed: Other Timeline

how about copies of your driver's license or ID showing the same address, and any membership cards, tickets purchased for vaccations or anything of that sort, write a letter explaining that you're both in your twenties...and ofcourse copies of what you've already submitted. Good luck! :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

I am not up on the banking industry today, but I was under the presumption that if you went to the bank and deposited money, they would give you a joint checking or savings account. The only thing I am aware of them checking your credit, is if you tried to get a loan. I would go to another bank with $50 or $100 and open up a joint account. Just my opinion.

I know the above is from a while ago but YES Banks do check your credit for a checking or savings account...not the same as when your trying to buy a car or house but a minor one to see your past banking history and if any other bank has closed an account due to abuse AND has reported it. If you do have a bad history, more than likely the bank will not want to open an account for you because you are such a high risk to them.....writing bad checks, consistently having a negative balance....etc.

I hope USCIS knows this coz not every couple has a joint account.

Could you please share your experience so far.. with us . I am on the same boat and recently submitted more documents. so I am waiting... was hoping for an interview instead of submitting additional document when i got the letter. Would definitely update what my case is. I know its going to be ok

We tried to get a joint bank account, but it's impossible because my wife's credit is terrible. Citibank flat out refused to get us one, so we never tried again. She never had a credit card, and I just got my first one a couple of months ago. As for health, my wife is on her parent's health plan, and I get mine through work. As I said, we are really young. Should I write about all those reasons in my RFE statement?

Try getting a bank of america account online. They don't check with chex system or whatever it is called so it is easier to get than most other banks. Did she try getting a savings account (joint)? That should not be too hard.

Another suggestion, if you pay any bills in your wifes name out of your bank account, you can send proof of that.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.