miss_jane

Hello VJ family

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just wanna know guys if i can have a working permit although i am still 1 week here in US. If so, what are the documents that i should need to prepare? Hm.. i wanna work because i felt bored in the house huh!

First you'll need to get married (per your K1 Visa).

In order to work, you'll need EAD (employment authorization document) - to get this, you'll need to file for AOS (adjustment of status) which is your PR/Green Card - the filing fee you pay for AOS includes (if desired) your EAD.

EAD takes anywhere from 60-90 days to get. :thumbs:

P.S.

Check the Guides for your next steps.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving this to work/travel prior to green-card forum.

K-1 needs to marry and then file I-765 and I-485 for adjustment of status and EAD.

K-1 can file I-765 prior ot adjustment of status HOWEVER the resulting EAD WILL expire 90 days after entry to the USA, and since it can take up to 90 days to get an EAD, more than likely the EAD will expire before USCIS can issue it, a horrible waste of $340.

K-1 need to file I-765 with I-485 and base the I-765 on the pending I-485 using code (c )(9 ) there is NO fee for this EAD, but it can take up to 90 days to get.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Work on getting married first, and settle yourself in adjust, and relax for awhile. My wife was bored at first, but I made it clear she wasn't going to work until we traveled, and started our family she thanked me for it later.

Now after over a year we have a daughter she is just now going to her AOS interview she will be ready now to get a job, drivers license, and whatever she wants its a tough job market out there anyways. Its a huge adjustment to life in America. Good Luck!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.