edmagenta5

Bringing Cellfone to USEM interview?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been told by others who went for their interview at USEM (u.s. embassy manila) that they won't allow cell fone inside the embassy and the guards won't accept it either..my husband will be going to his interview next week,.and he will be traveling alone, no one to hold his cell while he is there..

Is this true? that no guard inside will accept and let them leave the cell fone inside the vicinity of USEM?

please let meknow? thanks:)

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I have been told by others who went for their interview at USEM (u.s. embassy manila) that they won't allow cell fone inside the embassy and the guards won't accept it either..my husband will be going to his interview next week,.and he will be traveling alone, no one to hold his cell while he is there..

Is this true? that no guard inside will accept and let them leave the cell fone inside the vicinity of USEM?

I think you can leave them with the guard. That is how we do in the USEM at BKK, you leave the phone with them and they will give you number then you can pick it up when you are done.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

in the US embassy in Egypt you can leave your cell phone with the guards and they give you a number and after you're done inside you can give then the number and they'll hand you the cell phone or any other belongings... if that wasn't the situation in the embassy in Manila, I guess your husband should assume that cell phones haven't been invented yet... and get to the embassy without any!

Edited by MaxOnline

The Next Step is Removing Conditions!

0820120349b40a7377e80.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

bringing cellphone inside embassy doesnt allowed anymore that was my interview last sept 2008 i left my cellphone during my stay in hotel ,but there was this people outside embassy offered to leave your cellphone with them and they charge you couple bucks, but its up to you if your going to trust these people and leave your belongings w/em which their not working or related to U.S embassy manila.

Don't fall for the trick that people outside will watch it for you :unsure:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Hey girl. You're husband can't bring his cell phone with him. There are people standing outside the embassy to hold his cell phone for him for a fee (last i heard it was 200 pesos). Probably at other embassies they will let you bring cell phones. But at the USEM, they won't allow it. But they do let US citizens bring their cell phones. I was able to bring mine in a couple of months ago. Chat with you soon girl!

St. Lukes lets you take and use Cell phones but not USEM. Leave them at your hotel.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

cellfons are not allowed in the us embassy in manila. the guards will not hold it for you either. however there are people outside the embassy who make a good business of safeguarding your cellfon for i believe 150 pesos. or you can leave the cellfon at the hotel.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

best option is to leave it in the hotel room or at the front desk of the hotel. Don't take it to the Embassy they will not allow you in with it. And to leave it with a stranger outside is risky.

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage : 2007-05-10

I-130 Sent : 2008-06-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-07-09

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-27

NVC Received : 2009-02-02

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-02-11

DS-3032 E-Mail accepted: 2009-02-11

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-02-14

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-02-14

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-02-18

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-02-11

IV Bill generated: 2009-02-11

Receive IV Bill : 2009-02-14

Pay IV Bill : 2009-02-14

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-02-18

NVC received both packages: 2009-02-20

DS-230 & I-864 scanned NVC: 2009-02-23

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-02-26

Interview confirmed: 2009-02-27

NVC Left : 2009-03-06

Consulate Received : 2009-03-09

Medical completed: 2009-03-20

Interview Date : 2009-04-03

Visa Received : 2009-04-07

US Entry : 2009-05-10

Filed: Other Timeline

Cant you go with a friend or family member - that is also good for moral support... When we went to KTM embassy before we got married my FIL came with us and was not allowed in the embassy but could wait outside - he kept Govi's cellphone because Govi could not bring it inside.

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

only US citizens can bring cell phones but will still leave them with the guard. you can leave the cell phone outside for a fee i think 150 pesos......

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

Thanks :) for all who responded to my question..I think my husband will just leave it at a hotel...Hum interesting how people make business holding cell phones outside the USEM, I heard of those though,.it seems risky..I think I will advise him to take his sim card and then leave the crappy cel in the hotel..hehehe..:)

I am soo exited!!!! Thanks for your answers:) :) :)

Thanks..

Hey girl. You're husband can't bring his cell phone with him. There are people standing outside the embassy to hold his cell phone for him for a fee (last i heard it was 200 pesos). Probably at other embassies they will let you bring cell phones. But at the USEM, they won't allow it. But they do let US citizens bring their cell phones. I was able to bring mine in a couple of months ago. Chat with you soon girl!

ticker.png

ticker.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.