Sandrila

DINNER IN MENA LAND

134 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

WOW. Some of you are really amazing. I never even thought about freezing food. When I was working, I'd be so tired when I came home from work , that I'd collapse downstairs and sometimes not even make it upstairs until after 9 pm. I know many of you are mothers as well and so you have my utmost respect. To think that my husband would be there waiting for me hungry as I came through the door, like what are you going to cook?! i think I'd lose it. When my husband was here, I was not working full-time and so I cooked 3 nights a week and he took the other two nights a week to cook and 1-2 days a week we had takeout. All I can say is planning helps, but do the best you can, but explain to him if you need help.

Good Luck :star:

drinkblink14.gif

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
My brain keeps switching the title of this thread to MENA in Disneyland! :dance: Maybe I am just seeing what I want. :unsure:

You need some serious sleep, girl :P me too all this talk of dinner, I keep thinking about pizza and Chinese :blink:

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
teach him about the 5 major food groups in the usa:

instant, take out, frozen, microwaved, and canned.

lol sooooo true.. :thumbs: I prefer home cooked meals too but had to have a talk with mine.... when i am working 10 hours and come home to clean and care for the kids cooking dinner just isn't on my list of things to do... so he has taken it on.. whooooT!! perhaps when you talk to yours things will come out that can assist cause I am not sure cooking at 1 am would EVER be my cup of tea...Good luck

Yeah sweetie...he'll adjust...you'll adjust...we are all adjusting..the bottom line here I think (me and hubby think) is never under any circumstances say or think to call it quits (divorce). We will all get through this stuff. This is the stuff we will all laugh about when we are old married couples! BIG HUGGGGGG, Carol

Last night while cooking I said to the husband "can you come help me please" his responce was "why thats a woman's job", :angry: then starts laughing about it. Needless to said I didnt find it to funny.

If my husband said that to me, I would have put aside what I was cooking, slowly put my coat on and drove to the nearest applebees by myself and have dinner there :) I don't do well with snotty remarks like that.

besides, my husband is a fab cook. He's the best and he would never say "that's a woman's job". that infuriates me and wont take that from anyone.

he knows better.

This is really the way men from MENA think.....

THIS IS WHAT I THINK :unsure:

ladies the ideas are great and thank you

i mean i guess it comes down on me either way

i am an excellent cook and cooked up a storm before he came, but i guess it was when I wanted to or had the extra time, usually on weekends

the freezing thing is a great idea and i am looking into that crock pot

hubby doesnt mind left overs for then next day

he does love tuna and mac n cheese and the easy stuff just not much for "dinner"

to him a sandwich is not a meal

I just told him that HERE people will eat pretty much whatever they want at any time

i told him snacks were good to hold him over throughout the day and like snacks dont work with him

ok

so i said that typically you can even eat breakfast for dinner, i mean it isnt ideal but it works if you are low on food or just plain ol hungry

i dunno i guess my liberal thinking is just too much for him, it's gonna take some time :blush:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Oh yes, little stuff like this is never a reason for divorce. lol. Shoot, I could live with my best friend in the whole world and have petty arguments about this kind of stuff. Living with anybody on a daily basis is a challenge. It's all about respect and compromise.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Dear Sandrila,

Patiently/gently/kindly explain to your husband that because both of you work OUTSIDE THE HOME, that some nights you are too tired to cook. Show him some eggs and a frying pan. Teach him how to fry up a few eggs and toast some bread. Most men can fry an egg. My husband will live on eggs, bread, milk, fruit if left to his own efforts. He knows this much and it helps for the nights I don't cook.

AND YES, these men have been catered to all their lives! I can't wait until my husband is truly alone and trying to figure things out here.

WOW. Some of you are really amazing. I never even thought about freezing food. When I was working, I'd be so tired when I came home from work , that I'd collapse downstairs and sometimes not even make it upstairs until after 9 pm. I know many of you are mothers as well and so you have my utmost respect. To think that my husband would be there waiting for me hungry as I came through the door, like what are you going to cook?! i think I'd lose it. When my husband was here, I was not working full-time and so I cooked 3 nights a week and he took the other two nights a week to cook and 1-2 days a week we had takeout. All I can say is planning helps, but do the best you can, but explain to him if you need help.

Good Luck :star:

I was cooking three times a week working 45+ hours a week! Can I have your schedule???

Ok hijaking the cooking thread and making it a cleaning thread....

Who does most of the cleaning in your household?

How clean (not hygiene) is the mister of the house?

What are your expectations of how clean the house should be?

1. I do most of the cleaning because I'm picky and I like things cleaned a certain way.

2. Mine's kind of a slob. He will wash dishes and stuff but he's pretty sloppy and messy. I get irritated that he's like this. I don't want him to clean, I just don't want him to be so damn messy.

3. He gets irritated that I'm a clean freak and mess/clutter/dirt makes me very nervous. He would like me to be a little more relaxed when it comes to cleaning. I'm trying but it's very difficult.

i don't like cleaning, but i like my house to be clean. i keep things picked up around the house, do the dishes etc. but every other week i hire a very nice woman to come over and do the rest-sweeping, mopping, dusting, bathroom scrubbing, that kind of stuff. my husband works 60 hours a week and only has one day off a week, so the last thing we want to do is spend his day off doing that stuff. it's money well spent, imo.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

I clear everyone out for a couple hours every Saturday morning/early afternoon to get my big cleaning done...bathroom, wash the kitchen floor, wash the hard woods in the bedrooms, dusting, vacuuming, etc. During the week I basically just do dishes and pick up odds and ends and the occasional vacuuming if need be.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would say that I do most of the cleaning. Hicham does the dishes fairly often and runs the dishwasher but he NEVER, NEVER, NEVER cleans bathrooms...EVER! He's usually working on Saturdays and my grandmother watches our little boy while I run to the grocery store, do errands and then clean the house.

Since he does help some...I'm not going to raise a stink about it. Pick your battles...you know?

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I love cleaning when I can, but Wael will jump in and do anything that needs to be done. He's as particular about a clean house as I am so we have no probs when it comes to keeping things cleaned and picked up.

He also does the ironing if anything has to be ironed! I think he would iron everything if he could!

He's pretty much of a neat freak as I am.

Saturday he loves going to the market to shop. He is an excellent shopper...very frugal...loves sales and looks at sale papers for the best bargains. He knows what we need, goes thru the cupboards and the fridge and makes his list.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Jeanne...wanna trade? :D

I love cleaning when I can, but Wael will jump in and do anything that needs to be done. He's as particular about a clean house as I am so we have no probs when it comes to keeping things cleaned and picked up.

He also does the ironing if anything has to be ironed! I think he would iron everything if he could!

He's pretty much of a neat freak as I am.

Saturday he loves going to the market to shop. He is an excellent shopper...very frugal...loves sales and looks at sale papers for the best bargains. He knows what we need, goes thru the cupboards and the fridge and makes his list.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.