windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

i'd love for you guys to add us!

we got married in Vancouver, Canada last year of December. I am a filipino citizen who is from Cebu City and my husband is a US ARmy stationed in PA. We are still working on our I-129f. We actually don't know what to doooooooooooo yet! cause currently, im still here in Vancity, with my brother who is a Canadian citizen. They said that the K3 Visa should be filed where the marriage took place... i hope someone could help us and advice us.... phew!

K3

2007-07-17 I-129F APPROVED via email

I-129f was approved in 116 days.

Interview Date - OCTOBER 1, 2007

Received Visa - October 2, 2007

Arrived U.S - October 3, 2007

EAD

01-19-2008 - Sent EAD Application

01-30-2008 - NOA Received

02-12-2008 - Card production ordered

02-13-2008 - Second Notice for Card Production

02-15-2008 - EAD Approval Notice

My EAD was approved in 27 days

02-19-2008 - Received EAD CARD

04-16-2008 - SSN application

05-10-2008 - Received SSN Card

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not K3 so I’m not familiar with the procedures but according to the VJ Guide, your husband would need to file I-130 first before he can file for K3. After you receive NOA 1 for the I-130, the K3 petition can follow.

Section 10 of the I-130 instructions lists where the completed form(s) should be mailed. Check the Service Center that has jurisdiction over your husband’s normal place of residence in the United States and mail the package there with return receipt requested / delivery confirmation. Send via USPS.

Click the link below for guidance.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k3guide

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thank you, PW, you put my mind at ease as well. Jinky and I are in the same boat - she was never married, but her son's biological father's name is on his BC. She did contact the DSWD and they told her no travel clearance was needed as well as the nuns at her CFO, but I was still a little worried whether they meant that only in the case of travelling abroad, whereas he is actually immigrating to the US with his mother. Big sigh of relief! Thank you, thank you! :star:

You're very much welcome Steven. Hurrah to our laws for recognizing the Filipina mothers. We are usually the ones left to bear the brunt of bringing up our children when the father decides to do a Houdini so why give them any parental right, right? They don't deserve it.

I'm glad there aren't many Filipino guys around here :lol:

Well, hehehe...I'm actually a divorced father currently raising my two teenagers all by myself. Although for the most part, mother's are very good and nurturing - there are some who, for whatever reasons, aren't very good at raising children...and some father's who are very good at it. :star:

Edited by Steven_and_Jinky

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
FINALLY OFF AR!!!!!!!!!! After 9 weeks we are now out of AR.........thanks to everyone. PW please

update us. Thanks

:dance: Congratz!!Wish you both all the best!! :dance:

Thank You Ate Luz, I completely feel miserable and devastated right now. Chris and I are very stressed and it feels like we are falling apart.

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

09-16-2006 - NVC received

09-26-2006 - Received in MANILA EMBASSY

01-18-2007 - INTERVIEW - -APPROVED

02-02-2007 Zeraline and Zeahne Arrived in Hawaii

AOS

09-18-2008 - Sent AOS Application

09-25-2008 - NOA Received

13..vic&el4ever.....09-07-06..09-27-06..01-06-07..02-01-07..2006-768xxx..GOOD LUCK!!![/color

Our time is flying now! We hope too have good news soon! :whistle:

We still working on a few things today :blush:

Now it is our time too :unsure::blink::wacko:

Goodluck vic&el4ever! Just think positive... you'll get your visa on time. Met El in St Lukes. Goodluck again.

(L) Mari

ERIC and MARICHU

dev271pp___.png

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

06.02.09 - Mailed I-751 Removal of Conditions to CSC

06.04.09 - Cashed Check

06.08.09 - Received NOA1 dated 06.04.09

06.18.09 - Received Biometrics Schedule[/color]

07.08.09 - Biometrics[/color]

AOS Timeline:

05.17.07 - Mailed AOS application package to Chicago

05.25.07 - Cashed checks

05.28.07 - Received NOA 1 dated May 24, 2007. Yipeee! (7 days)

06.19.07 - Biometrics schedule (29 days)

08.29.07 - Interview schedule

09.20.07 - Greencard received!

Thank You Ate Luz, I completely feel miserable and devastated right now. Chris and I are very stressed and it feels like we are falling apart.

Hello Zane.. just be strong i'll be praying too that your sons visa will now be released. Ingats,

(L) Mari

ERIC and MARICHU

dev271pp___.png

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

06.02.09 - Mailed I-751 Removal of Conditions to CSC

06.04.09 - Cashed Check

06.08.09 - Received NOA1 dated 06.04.09

06.18.09 - Received Biometrics Schedule[/color]

07.08.09 - Biometrics[/color]

AOS Timeline:

05.17.07 - Mailed AOS application package to Chicago

05.25.07 - Cashed checks

05.28.07 - Received NOA 1 dated May 24, 2007. Yipeee! (7 days)

06.19.07 - Biometrics schedule (29 days)

08.29.07 - Interview schedule

09.20.07 - Greencard received!

Timeline

Thank you so much ERICHU.... All I can wish for is for God to show me some miracle. Feels like we've been suffering way too much!

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

AOS

i'd love for you guys to add us!

we got married in Vancouver, Canada last year of December. I am a filipino citizen who is from Cebu City and my husband is a US ARmy stationed in PA. We are still working on our I-129f. We actually don't know what to doooooooooooo yet! cause currently, im still here in Vancity, with my brother who is a Canadian citizen. They said that the K3 Visa should be filed where the marriage took place... i hope someone could help us and advice us.... phew!

here is a link to State Dept on K-3 Visas. http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_2993.html

I'm not all that familar with the K-3 process. It wouldn't be filed in Vancouver , Canada since DirectCounsuleFiling is no longer allowed. believe would be filed at your husband's place of residence.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/immigrants_3121.html

Edited by roymcn3rd

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Hey Zane, believe in your heart that the visa will be delivered. Stay strong and stay positive :yes: Cheer up girl and have fun while waiting! Saan ba at darating din yan, di ba?

Talking about fun ~ Kumareng Luz, what's the date of our get-together? Feb. 15 ba? As far as I know, the following are good to go:

1) Gary & Luz

2) Ken & Maria

3) Cora (aka PW)

Any one else who would like to join? Zane, if you're still in Manila, you might want to join us too.

Speaking of child, now Im kinda paranoid if they going to do that to my son's visa..my concerned is about Rob's B/C..he has both my middle and last name and it appears like were siblings- he is my brother and im his ate(elder sis)!Do I need to get an affidavit to prove that he is my child? He has no father acknowledment on his B/C ..Im just worried..

Luz, nothing to worry about. Ang wrinkles!!!

Our Family Code states that illegitimate children "shall use the surname of the mother". So Robin's BC is correct because he has the same surname as you. So whatever middle name and surname you use, he also must use. His BC lists you as his mother so no need for Affidavit to prove you are the mother.

But then again, I doubt if the embassy will believe you are Robin's mother, you look too young to be Robin's mother, o di ba??? They might insist you are siblings hehehe. Sorry, but we can't help you on that :lol:

Family Code of the Philippines http://www.chanrobles.com/executiveorderno209.htm

Chapter 3. Illegitimate Children

x x x

Art. 176. Illegitimate children shall use the surname and shall be under the parental authority of their mother, and shall be entitled to support in conformity with this Code x x x

Well, hehehe...I'm actually a divorced father currently raising my two teenagers all by myself. Although for the most part, mother's are very good and nurturing - there are some who, for whatever reasons, aren't very good at raising children...and some father's who are very good at it. :star:

There you go, Steven :yes: My brother is the same. He seems to be better at "mothering" his children than my sister-in-law. Not to say that my sister-in-law is a bad mother, just that my bro is the one more worried when the kids are sick, spoon-feeding them if he has to, calling the house all the time to check if the kids have eaten their dinner, studied their lessons, etc. etc. He must have been a Grandma in his previous life hahahaha.

Timeline

Hey Zane, believe in your heart that the visa will be delivered. Stay strong and stay positive :yes: Cheer up girl and have fun while waiting! Saan ba at darating din yan, di ba?

Talking about fun ~ Kumareng Luz, what's the date of our get-together? Feb. 15 ba? As far as I know, the following are good to go:

1) Gary & Luz

2) Ken & Maria

3) Cora (aka PW)

Any one else who would like to join? Zane, if you're still in Manila, you might want to join us too.

Speaking of child, now Im kinda paranoid if they going to do that to my son's visa..my concerned is about Rob's B/C..he has both my middle and last name and it appears like were siblings- he is my brother and im his ate(elder sis)!Do I need to get an affidavit to prove that he is my child? He has no father acknowledment on his B/C ..Im just worried..

Luz, nothing to worry about. Ang wrinkles!!!

Our Family Code states that illegitimate children "shall use the surname of the mother". So Robin's BC is correct because he has the same surname as you. So whatever middle name and surname you use, he also must use. His BC lists you as his mother so no need for Affidavit to prove you are the mother.

But then again, I doubt if the embassy will believe you are Robin's mother, you look too young to be Robin's mother, o di ba??? They might insist you are siblings hehehe. Sorry, but we can't help you on that :lol:

Family Code of the Philippines http://www.chanrobles.com/executiveorderno209.htm

Chapter 3. Illegitimate Children

x x x

Art. 176. Illegitimate children shall use the surname and shall be under the parental authority of their mother, and shall be entitled to support in conformity with this Code x x x

There you go, Steven :yes: My brother is the same. He seems to be better at "mothering" his children than my sister-in-law. Not to say that my sister-in-law is a bad mother, just that my bro is the one more worried when the kids are sick, spoon-feeding them if he has to, calling the house all the time to check if the kids have eaten their dinner, studied their lessons, etc. etc. He must have been a Grandma in his previous life hahahaha.

Wow, looks like there is going to be a party. May I join in the fun? My interview is on feb. 13 so I hope there is reason for me to celebrate. Where's the party and what time? Maria

K-1 & K-2s TIMELINE_____

* met May-05, Maria & sons Manila, Philippines - Richard & daughters Toledo, Ohio

* Richard move to WI Sept-05, exchange extended visits Oct, Nov & Dec (05) & Feb (06)

* K-1&2s on file @ NSC 3-6-06, case xfer to CSC 6-1-06

* touches 6-2&3&14&15&17, RFE (IMBRA) CSC letter sent 6-23-06, touches 7-3&5

* RFE express return to/@ CSC 7-14-06, more touches 7-24&25, 9-5&6, NOA2 email notice rcvd 9-6

* visit Philippines & China Sept-2006, again see Maria & more extended family

* NVC assigns Embassy Case# 10-6; 10-12 letter rcvd 10-16 (sent 10-12) NVC receipt of I-129f

* rcvd letter 10-31 Embassy has paperwork, phone & embassy website 12-13 shows 2-13-07 interview

* Pgk 4 rcvd 12-21, St. Lukes Extension exams/vaccinations 1-10&11

* Manila interview 2-13; Delbros text message to Maria 2-6 - visas rcvd 2-19

AOS & EAD TIMELINE______

* P.O.E. Minneapolis & reunited in Milwaukee airport 3-4

* wedding 3-10 Plover, WI, applied for Maria's SSN 3-28 @ local office

* I-693A done @ civil surgeon office 4-4, Maria's SS card rcvd 4-16,

* mailed AOS (Chicago) & EAD (Nebraska) paperwork 4-21

* rcvd USCIS receipts of paperwork 5-2, posted wedding pics on VJ 5-3

* Maria's AOS biometrics appointment 5-22, son's on 6-5, no update on EAD status yet

* rcvd AOS appointment 5-26, set for 7-9 in Bloomington,MN office

* applied for Maria's WI state ID 6-5 & card rcvd 6-11

* AOS approved @ 7-9 interview, told to expect green cards 5-30 days

* USCIS confirms approved A#s rcvd 7-14, 2 green cards rcd 7-23

Okay, I have a question. This may be difficult for anyone to answer, but her goes. Fely is plagued by frequent boils (she call them pimples) on her back. Her entire family gets them, but they have been particularly bad for her since I visited her last May and we both had them. I believe I caught them from her (through intimate contact). Since I have returned to the US, I've stopped getting them (though my scars remain). She goes through periods when she has none, then suddenly several break out. I believe something in her environment is causing them (maybe the water?).

I have been trying to get her to go see a doctor. Probably a shot of penicillan would make them go away. But the scars will remain for a long time. I am now worried, after reading about other's visits to Saint Lukes, that these scars may cause a problem for her when she goes to her medical. These boild are communicable though contact.

The scars that St. Lukes watch out for are cuts that appear to be a "slices" in the following places:

It is hard to make a concrete diagnosis without the physical exam(1) wrists - for sign of suicide attempt

(2) arms - for sign of drug use

(3) abdomen - for sign of caesarean cut and stretchmarks [especially for single ladies who claim not to have given birth]

(4) "down there" - for sign of childbirth

The St. Lukes doctors also routinely ask patients to show them scars left behind by chicken pox.

Does Fely live near the former Clark Air Base? There was an issue there before about toxic wastes left behind by the Base. I would suggest a visit to the dermatologist to identify the cause of the boils or pimples and to prescribe medicines.

I should not worry about the scars at the back Gary. They can be explained away as "galis" (translation? scabies?). Lots of Filipinos get "galis" while growing up. I know I did yaiksss!!! :lol:

I agree :thumbs: , you need not worry about the scars since it is not self-inflicted and was not caused by any post-operative procedures. It will just be noted as part of the physical examination.

"Galis" or scabies in English cant explain your condition, Filipinos mistakenly use "galis" in general to describe any skin lesion. ;)

Although I am a doctor, I can only share what I am thinking the way Starprog describes it. Its hard to make a concrete diagnosis without seeing the lesion myself. Since you say that she has this pimple like lesions for awhile, with recurrences and affecting most of her family then I considering acne conglobata vs. furuncle(boils). I would still suggest for you to tell your fiance to seek consult to a dermatologist who will identify the lesion and the predisposing factors causing its recurrences. :)

www.abbyandwin.net

Timeline:

I-130

30-May-2006: Mailed to CSC

31-May-2006: Received

13-Jun-06: NOA1 Date

15-Jun-06: Receieved NOA1 in the mail and cashed check

16-Jun-06: touched

05-Sep-06: I-130 Approved

07-Sep-06: Received NOA2 in the mail

NVC

21-Sep-06: NVC Case Number Assigned

02-Oct-06: DS3032 and AOS fee bill generated

03-Oct-06: Emailed DS3032 and mailed AOS bill overnight (James shortcut)

04-Oct-06: AOS bill received in St. Louis at 1:35pm

05-Oct-06: Received email confirmation that NVC accepted the DS3032

06-Oct-06: Money Order cashed for AOS fee bill

09-Oct-06: IV Bill generated

10-Oct-06: Received DS3032 and AOS fee bill (snail mail)

13-Oct-06: I-864 generated

14-Oct-06: Mailed I-864EZ

16-Oct-06: I-864 delivered

20-Oct-06: IV Bill received (snail mail)

21-Oct-06: Mailed IV Bill

23-Oct-06: Received I-864 package (snail mail)

26-Oct-06: IV Bill money order cashed

30-Oct-06: DS-230 generated

01-Nov-06: Mailed DS-230

08-Nov-06: Received DS-230 from NVC (snail mail)

16-Nov-06: NVC case completed

Embassy

February 12, 2007: Medical examination-done

March 2, 2007: Interview at 8:30 am (Gods Blessing)

March 23, 2007- VISA received at Makati

Jazzy good luck in your interview on the 8th. Thanks for keeping the CR/IR peeps optimistic with regards to our interview. :yes:

God bless! :)

Edited by terps76

www.abbyandwin.net

Timeline:

I-130

30-May-2006: Mailed to CSC

31-May-2006: Received

13-Jun-06: NOA1 Date

15-Jun-06: Receieved NOA1 in the mail and cashed check

16-Jun-06: touched

05-Sep-06: I-130 Approved

07-Sep-06: Received NOA2 in the mail

NVC

21-Sep-06: NVC Case Number Assigned

02-Oct-06: DS3032 and AOS fee bill generated

03-Oct-06: Emailed DS3032 and mailed AOS bill overnight (James shortcut)

04-Oct-06: AOS bill received in St. Louis at 1:35pm

05-Oct-06: Received email confirmation that NVC accepted the DS3032

06-Oct-06: Money Order cashed for AOS fee bill

09-Oct-06: IV Bill generated

10-Oct-06: Received DS3032 and AOS fee bill (snail mail)

13-Oct-06: I-864 generated

14-Oct-06: Mailed I-864EZ

16-Oct-06: I-864 delivered

20-Oct-06: IV Bill received (snail mail)

21-Oct-06: Mailed IV Bill

23-Oct-06: Received I-864 package (snail mail)

26-Oct-06: IV Bill money order cashed

30-Oct-06: DS-230 generated

01-Nov-06: Mailed DS-230

08-Nov-06: Received DS-230 from NVC (snail mail)

16-Nov-06: NVC case completed

Embassy

February 12, 2007: Medical examination-done

March 2, 2007: Interview at 8:30 am (Gods Blessing)

March 23, 2007- VISA received at Makati

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone here who had the interview date on or after january 19th who got their visa/passport? Please post a reply here.

We keep on checking delbros through their website and through texting but they said it's not released.

Have a nice day to all!

"T'was Beauty That Killed the Beast..."

07-09-2004---meet online

04-21-2005---1st visit meet in person

12-15-2005---2nd visit

12-25-2005---engaged

03-30-2006---sent the I-129F to USCIS

04-04-2006---Got the NOA1

06-23-2006---RFE mailed to us

07-04-2006---got the RFE

07-10-2006---sent it back

09-05-2006---NOA2

09-07-2006---Got notice on mail

09-26-2006----mail from NVC with Case MNL2006764xxx

01-12-2007----medical (saint lukes)

01-19-2007----Interview

It’s always so surprising

When love appears over the horizon

I’ll love you for the rest of my days

But still it’s a mystery

of how you ever came to me

Which only proves

Love moves in mysterious ways

Although I am a doctor, I can only share what I am thinking the way Starprog describes it. Its hard to make a concrete diagnosis without seeing the lesion myself. Since you say that she has this pimple like lesions for awhile, with recurrences and affecting most of her family then I considering acne conglobata vs. furuncle(boils). I would still suggest for you to tell your fiance to seek consult to a dermatologist who will identify the lesion and the predisposing factors causing its recurrences. :)

Okay, well I googled and read about acne conglobata, and that didn't match at all. But I found Hidradenitis suppurativa, and it sounds pretty close. Although I'm not sure why I was able to rid myself of the boils without treatment. That is why I think it's caused by something in her environment. Anyway, I'll ask her again to see a doctor or dermatologist, after she takes care of some immigration paperwork that is urgent. Thanks for the info.

View pictures of my April/May trip to the Philippines

View pictures of my Sept trip to the Philippines

Gary (California, USA) filamflag.gif Fely (Zambales, Philippines)

09-11-06 Married

10-12-06 I-130 Mailed Priority

10-14-06 Delivered to CSC

10-16-06 CSC receipt date

10-18-06 NOA1 date

10-19,20,21-06 Touched

12-28,29-06 Touched and very happy about it

12-28-06 NOA2 date

01-15-07 Received at NVC & DS3032 & AOS bill sent

01-20-07 AOS fee bill received

01-30-07 eMailed DS3032 choice of agent

02-05-07 Received email approval for DS3032

02-20-07 Received I-864 package

02-23-07 Received IV fee bill

02-27-07 Paid IV fee

03-12-07 Info packet generated

03-20-07 Mailed I-864 package

03-31-07 Received info packet

04-04-07 RFE mailed by NVC

04-26-07 Mailed RFE response & DS-230 packet to NVC

04-30-07 NVC receives papers

05-10-07 Case complete

05-22-07 Case left NVC

05-24-07 Received pkt 4 in California

06-07-07 Medical Exam

06-28-07 Interview (approved)

06-24-07 - 07-16-07 Gary's trip to Philippines, and I brought Fely home

07-27-07 SSN card received

08-13-08 Green card received

07-10-09 I-751 mailed

08-15-09 Lifting of conditions approved

Timeline

I sure would love to join you guys, Stay in touch and I would like to know where the venue is at. Thank you PW.

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.