lee b

Easing the transition to the U.S.

48 posts in this topic

She says, "it's our business" and I think what she really means is "dont make looks like you so great and wonderful guy on your blat Visa Journey blat and make looks like wife so horrible person. Your wife blat so great and wonderful, clean and pure tight. You original stupid and primitive man. Go say this on your blat visa site blat."

You win the internet today, Slim. And you almost owed me a new keyboard.

That was a direct quote, not just something humorous I'm trying to type. And haven't you figured it out yet, you have to get the plastic key cover like they have at Jiffy Lube. It stops coffee and, er, stuff, from ruining your keys.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
That was a direct quote, not just something humorous I'm trying to type. And haven't you figured it out yet, you have to get the plastic key cover like they have at Jiffy Lube. It stops coffee and, er, stuff, from ruining your keys.

Heh. I stand corrected. Your wife wins the internet for the day. :D

Heh. I stand corrected. Your wife wins the internet for the day. :D

Even if she won't touch the keys for awhile after Slim uses the net :devil:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Even if she won't touch the keys for awhile after Slim uses the net :devil:

I don't know if I shared this story with everyone or not, but a few months after my wife arrived here I explained to her that since we were on different schedules there were times at night when I was all alone.... and all alone. Since she didn't want to be bothered, I would go ahead and "type" away. Well, she got kind of fed up with all my "typing" so she spiked my "typing lotion" with Icy Hot.

Needless to say she made her point.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline
Well, she got kind of fed up with all my "typing" so she spiked my "typing lotion" with Icy Hot.

Even though it happened awhile ago, your wife wins the internet for the second day in a row. She really needs to hang out here and share more of her stories. :D

Well, she got kind of fed up with all my "typing" so she spiked my "typing lotion" with Icy Hot.

Even though it happened awhile ago, your wife wins the internet for the second day in a row. She really needs to hang out here and share more of her stories. :D

With less detail please :rofl:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Slim I am dying. First of all your wife is awesome. I now know to be careful when "typing" once Oksana gets here. I hope to not have stories like that to share, but I am sure that I will. :wacko:

Lee.gif

With less detail please :rofl:

Those are her stories, I'm just sharing them. According to her, I talk too much for the both of us. I need to learn to shut my pie hole. (Once again, according to her.)

Slim I am dying. First of all your wife is awesome. I now know to be careful when "typing" once Oksana gets here. I hope to not have stories like that to share, but I am sure that I will. :wacko:

I pity any man who's forced to stand in the cold shower for two hours whilst crying and praying for the pain to go away.

Русский форум член.

• 2 weeks later...
I pity any man who's forced to stand in the cold shower for two hours whilst crying and praying for the pain to go away.

I hope you are talking about the icy hot (wait..er...that didn't come out the way I intended) :lol:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Make sure she learns to drive in her country-its cheaper,so when she gets here she gets license right away!

Get her a car -that will solve half of the problems so she does not to feel trapped!

The best would be to get her into some kind of school while waiting for her papers to work.

Economy is bad so it will be hard to find a job right away..Do not try to find more Russians to be her friends.I was very disappointed that most of Eastern europeans in US are scam artists,now I know why Americans think all Russians are bad guys....

It is a long process to find the right friends...

So warn her that Russians in Russia and In USA are two different nations:))))Some might not agree,but that is so true and if you have not discovered it yet,believe me you will!!!!

It is very hard to find a true Russian friend that is not a scam bag or a whiner(complaining about her life and husband and still living it:))Maybe i am harsh but i am honest!:)

As for buying her hair stuff such a flat iron the best one is:GHD try to get some friend to buy it in a beauty supply store its 100$cheaper there!

Buy her some hair shampoos,depending on her hair type.so she notices you tried:)

But all that is not as necessary as knowledge of the local mentality! It is going to be shocking,just be ready to deal with it:)

I been here almost 2 years now and i think i am adjusted more or less:)I finally enjoy America:)

Edited by Kotenochek

Make sure she learns to drive in her country-its cheaper,so when she gets here she gets license right away!

Get her a car -that will solve half of the problems so she does not to feel trapped!

The best would be to get her into some kind of school while waiting for her papers to work.

Economy is bad so it will be hard to find a job right away..Do not try to find more Russians to be her friends.I was very disappointed that most of Eastern europeans in US are scam artists,now I know why Americans think all Russians are bad guys....

It is a long process to find the right friends...

So warn her that Russians in Russia and In USA are two different nations:))))Some might not agree,but that is so true and if you have not discovered it yet,believe me you will!!!!

It is very hard to find a true Russian friend that is not a scam bag or a whiner(complaining about her life and husband and still living it:))Maybe i am harsh but i am honest!:)

As for buying her hair stuff such a flat iron the best one is:GHD try to get some friend to buy it in a beauty supply store its 100$cheaper there!

Buy her some hair shampoos,depending on her hair type.so she notices you tried:)

But all that is not as necessary as knowledge of the local mentality! It is going to be shocking,just be ready to deal with it:)

I been here almost 2 years now and i think i am adjusted more or less:)I finally enjoy America:)

Thanks for your comments :) I did try to steer Vika away from the Russian community, and she really resented it at first. After she met a few of those folks though, she decided on her own not to seek them out. She has a girlfriend or two to talk to on the phone, and she talks lots to her relatives and friends in Ukraine. You are correct that I need to look into school for her too. SHe is really eager to study, but we have been traveling so much that it isn't possible yet.

About driving. Vika is already here, and does not have a license yet. She is afraid of studying the DMV materials because they are in English, but I will enroll her in a driving school as soon as she gets temps.

Great wedding pics btw, Brad. Your bride is stunning, and you're a great looking couple. Congrats to you both!

Thanks man! She is a doll, isn't she? :thumbs:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

There are a couple states that offer the DMV booklets in Russian langauge. Even if you do not live in that state, it is probably worth it to get for her if she is not comfortable with the English ones. You can fill in the gaps later.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.