Marchlyne

Pretty Please Help VJ

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I file an I 130 petitions on behalf of my husband who lives in Haiti. My petition was recently approved. I know they have to send a package to my husband in Haiti. Is there a way that I can have USCIS mail me the documents instead of sending it to my husband? I would like to send it to him via Fed Ex instead because the postal service in Haiti is uncertain.

Thank you VJ

I-130 Timeline:

Sept. 04, 2008 : I-130 Sent to Vermont SC - filed for spouse based on greencard

Oct. 24, 2008 : NOA 1 Received from VSC

April. 30, 2009 : Become US citizen, called USCIS to upgrade I-130 from F2A to IR-1 category

April. 30, 2009 : send a letter with copy of certificate of naturalization to upgrade the petition.

April. 30, 2009 : Status is upgraded to CR-1/IR-1 category and case is pending.

Sept 30, 2009 : NOA2 - approval notice sent Thanx to the God almighty

NVC Journey

Oct 4, 2009 : Case Number Assigned - Received this by speaking to a live operator.

Oct 16, 2009:AOS and IV Fee bills generated and rec'd Invoice id number via e-mail

Oct 20, 2009 :AOS and IV Fee bills status - Paid (online)

RFE I lost at least two weeks

Nov 15,2009 :AOS and DS-230 package sent to NVC

Dec 08,2009 :case completed at NVC (checked through AVR) Merci Jesus

I am praying for a Jan Interview

2009-xx-xx : Forward the case to Embassy in PAP Haiti

Jan 04 2010 : Medical

Jan 27 2010 : Visa Interview

2009-xx-xx : Visa Approved

2009-xx-xx : Visa in Hand

2009-xx-xx : POE

Indeed God blessed us with a Jan 27 Interview what a birthday present

What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate. Mark 10:9

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I file an I 130 petitions on behalf of my husband who lives in Haiti. My petition was recently approved. I know they have to send a package to my husband in Haiti. Is there a way that I can have USCIS mail me the documents instead of sending it to my husband? I would like to send it to him via Fed Ex instead because the postal service in Haiti is uncertain.

Thank you VJ

Congrats on the approved petition!

Your husband is required to submit form DS 3032 "Choice of Agent" to designate which person and to which address documents should be sent. The Agent can be himself, you, an attorney or pretty much anyone else. The NVC will not send him any documents until this form is returned.

DS 3032 can be emailed to the NVC - which is what we did. Just call the NVC and follow the prompts to get your case number, and then keep checking back daily - once their automated voice system tells you that form DS 3032 has been generated, your husband can email it. (There are details on this website how to do this successfully).

For us it took only a few days for the NVC to give us a case number, and then (I think) about a week for them to generate the DS 3032.

CC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The good thing is, the NVC will send you a copy of the DS-3032 as well. So you lose nothing even if your husband's copy gets lost in Haiti. As AC&CC notes, NVC likes e-mail better so you can just e-mail it.

Make sure your husband diesgnates you as Agent in the DS-3032. That way you don't have to worry about them mailing stuff to his country.

When we e-mailed the DS-3032, we used my e-mail address (beneficiary's).

Check out the "LingChe NVC Shortcut Guide" here on VJ. There's a link to the DS-3032 e-mail template.

Good luck on your journey!

--------------

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Thank you so much you guys thank you . AC&CC can you please let me know where to find the email adress for Imigration thank you

Edited by Marchlyne

I-130 Timeline:

Sept. 04, 2008 : I-130 Sent to Vermont SC - filed for spouse based on greencard

Oct. 24, 2008 : NOA 1 Received from VSC

April. 30, 2009 : Become US citizen, called USCIS to upgrade I-130 from F2A to IR-1 category

April. 30, 2009 : send a letter with copy of certificate of naturalization to upgrade the petition.

April. 30, 2009 : Status is upgraded to CR-1/IR-1 category and case is pending.

Sept 30, 2009 : NOA2 - approval notice sent Thanx to the God almighty

NVC Journey

Oct 4, 2009 : Case Number Assigned - Received this by speaking to a live operator.

Oct 16, 2009:AOS and IV Fee bills generated and rec'd Invoice id number via e-mail

Oct 20, 2009 :AOS and IV Fee bills status - Paid (online)

RFE I lost at least two weeks

Nov 15,2009 :AOS and DS-230 package sent to NVC

Dec 08,2009 :case completed at NVC (checked through AVR) Merci Jesus

I am praying for a Jan Interview

2009-xx-xx : Forward the case to Embassy in PAP Haiti

Jan 04 2010 : Medical

Jan 27 2010 : Visa Interview

2009-xx-xx : Visa Approved

2009-xx-xx : Visa in Hand

2009-xx-xx : POE

Indeed God blessed us with a Jan 27 Interview what a birthday present

What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate. Mark 10:9

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Thank you so much you guys thank you . AC&CC can you please let me know where to find the email adress for Imigration thank you

NVC: email and Contact information

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html

Lingche shortcut http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...nal_Visa_Center

Email Guide for NVC "we used the same format"

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

wait until you get the case number and email them DS-3032 after 4 working days from the day NVC assign you a case number. I am telling you from own experiences because i email them all of my questions several time and they take at least 4 working days to respond.

So by the time they take your email your DS-3032 will be generate.

I email them on 9th Jan the day they gave me the case number and they respond on 14th saying that your DS-3032 is not generated yet and i had to email them again on 15th and they excepet it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.