LucyLovesRicky

Do you think this is good news?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I sent an email to the embassy in Cairo and recieved this response.

Dear Madam:

The case is pending the officer's final review. We will process the case to conclusion once that is completed.

Regards,Consular staff

His interview was Jan. 4. It is a different response than usual. But do you think its just a standard get off our backs and leave us alone form letter type of thing?

I chose to take it as good news and hope that they will be done soon. Anyway, anyone else have an opinion?

Thanks,

Lucy

Edited by LucyLovesRicky

Filed: Timeline

I think they are always trying to get us off their backs but you should stay positive. Email them soon and ask if there is anything that you could be of assistance with seeing that its final review. But first have your hubby email them asking about status as well. We both communicated with them back to back.

Keep @ them and always in a polite way.

Did they keep his passport? Or say anything about needing further information to him @ his interview?

Dear Madam:

The case is pending the officer's final review. We will process the case to conclusion once that is completed.

Regards,Consular staff

His interview was Jan. 4. It is a different response than usual. But do you think its just a standard get off our backs and leave us alone form letter type of thing?

I chose to take it as good news and hope that they will be done soon. Anyway, anyone else have an opinion?

Thanks,

Lucy

Timeline
I think they are always trying to get us off their backs but you should stay positive. Email them soon and ask if there is anything that you could be of assistance with seeing that its final review. But first have your hubby email them asking about status as well. We both communicated with them back to back.

Keep @ them and always in a polite way.

Did they keep his passport? Or say anything about needing further information to him @ his interview?

Dear Madam:

Regards,Consular staff

Thanks,

Lucy

This is the origianl email I had sent them when I got the response I already posted.

My husband had his interview on Jan.4, 2009 and his visa was approved and they kept his passport and said that he would recieve his visa in about a week. It has been several weeks, so I want to know if perhaps you need some other document from us to complete his case?

Is he currently going through Security Checks? Please, how much longer will it be?

Thank you,

So it sounds like I already did some of the things you suggested. Yes, they did keep his passport.

He has also emailed them but I think he's doing something wrong they have yet to answer one of his emails. I guess I'll ask him to forward one to me so I can see what he's saying.

However, he's quite touchy on the subject right now, so maybe not. Both of our nerves are strung out to the breaking point.

Timeline

You also asked did they tell him they needed something else at the interview.

Here's a link to my post that addresses that exact thing.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=172306

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

first i would like to say when they took his passport this a good sign so i have a phone# its in WDC you can call them and ask for your case and they will let you know whats going on i didnt try it before because am not at this stage yet but some friends does ( 202-663-1225

then press 1 then 0) hope it helps you and keep us updating

GOOD LUCK (F)

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Egypt

Marriage : 2008-03-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-05-29

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-06

TOUCHED : 2008-31-12

I-130 Approved : 2009-1-1

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sounds like a positive thing. You can call the Department of State for updates. I believe that Mohamed 123 may have posted the number. I don't have it right now at this time. A lot of times you will get more of an answer out of them then you will Cairo. DOS told me my husband's visa was printed already when he had had it in hand, Cairo finally answered the email I had sent them a week before and said he was in final review. See the wishy washiness there?

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Dear Madam:

Regards,Consular staff

Thanks,

Lucy

I just checked my old emails from the Embassy and the one I got 2 days before he rec'd his visa said that Administrative Processing had been completed and the file was in "final review by the Consular Officer"... So IMHO you got GREAT NEWS... I'll cross my fingers for you... :whistle: I hear the Jeopardy Music... :thumbs:

Timeline

Thanks everyone for your replies and support. It means a lot in this VERY stressful time. Thanks for the number Mohamed 123. Yes, I call it but not too much. Because my heart and mood usually plummets when I hear those words still in administrative processing.

I know we should be happy now after all we've been through. I never dreamed how hard it would be to wait for this final step. Close, yet so far.

God help us crazy people who choose to go through this hell on earth. I am choosing to remain positive especially after my 15 year old daughter chewed me out and gave me a reality check. "Mom your supposed to be happy, he's almost here and just one year ago you didn't even have a co-sponsor. Stop making yourself sad."

She's right but I'm a big baby. :crying: I want my husband already. :yes:

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

It's just instinct... something inside whispers that when one phase of the journey comes to an end, another phase starts.... and the uncertainty that I had about the next phase and what it held in store for us almost made me fear the end of the first phase... I've written before that this whole thing is like pregnancy vs. the first year of a child's life... You get used to one set of changes, which are followed by a NEW set...

Hang in there and just roll with it... the ride is just about to begin... (so far you've just been standing in the long long line!) However, the good news is, you get to ride WITH him! (L):luv:(L)

Timeline
Hang in there and just roll with it... the ride is just about to begin... (so far you've just been standing in the long long line!) However, the good news is, you get to ride WITH him! (L):luv:(L)

Thank you so much for that it brought tears to my eyes. It's very sweet and makes me hopeful.

I sent so many emails to the Consulate regarding the status of our case and what was going on.

I had both the congressman and senator email on my behalf as well. It doesnt hurt to bring attention to your case and make it known that is truly a hardship for you both to be separated.

Good Luck (F)

and yes they will say whatever they will the most respectful way to try to put you at bay.

The point is you cant strong arm them into any answers or expedition of your case :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:thumbs: from my experience its great news

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Not to serve you a downer, but we got the same e mail and it was like 3 months before my husband got his visa. However, I am noticing Cairo is a bit faster these days than what they used to be. I am sure in your case you should be getting the visa soon.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.