SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello all I've been on Visa Journey to try to figure out this K3, but never checked in or registered. So now here I am. I stay in las Vegas and my husband as of 7/2008 is in Ochi- I sent off the I130 on February 25, 09 and recvd the NOA1 on March 1st. So I sent off the I 129F on March 7th. Yesterday I recvd the APPROVAL for the I130 petition. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! It was our 3 year anniversary to the day that we met. So I want to know what is the next step? Do I wait for the I129 to be approved or can we go forward with the VISA. The paper says they are forwarding the info to the NVC.

I am so excited Please give the info so I can be prepared. :thumbs::thumbs:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I had a couple of posts that I wanted to reply to...but they disappeared and I can't remember now. Welcome DaDa and KayCee. DaDa honey...uuummmm your patwah....well you are definitely trying. :thumbs::lol:

KayCee I read your story about a week or so ago. You and your hsuband are so inspiring, and your pictures were great. Prayers for you and your husband.

Sus...claim that job in His name...its yours. You certainly have worked hard enough to earn that one and any other want you aspire toward.

I missed all the banter today because I went to court with my brother. His ex-girlfriend got married and now is denying him any rights to their son (my nephew). Her new husband suddenly decided that he wants to adopt him. Sus, do you know anything about the father not having any parental rights even if he signed the birth certificate simply because he did not marry the mother?

We can't afford a lawyer, but she had a Criminal lawyer with her. He was so disheartened, and it just broke my heart. My brother has had some problems with the law in the past...but he is an AMAZING father. He has already lost two babies (one was a miscarriage and the other one died at birth). Both of these losses nearly killed him. So his ex-girlfriend knows that his only surviving son is his life. I feel so helpless in this situation.

Please any advice would be welcomed. Thanks ladies.

Jawi,

SHE CAN'T DO THAT!.... :angry: my brother just went through this, his EX tried to convince the court that my brother gave up his parental rights, which was a lie! It took 2 years, but my brother has custody and she has visitation. Tell him don't give up. He may not get custody, but he should have access to his child. Jawi this breaks my heart, I don't like things like this. As bad as my son's father treated me, I would never stop him from seeing his father. One day, when he gets older he'll figure it out. You know how to link, I'll ask my brother what else he did...but it was a battle and I supported my brother every step of the way. We didn't use a lawyer.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning all!

Jawi, so sorry to hear about your brother's situation - and Lawny is right, she cannot do that! He should try to see if he can qualify for legal aide or something - he definitely has to stay strong, calm, and fight - but he has rights as the child's father - He should ask the judge to appoint an advocate for the child - almost all courts have some type of system that they will appoint someone to act as the child's representative and be a neutral party to the parents who can speak to what is in the best interest of the child. While the fight is going on, make sure he documents everything - Sending support on a regular basis, telephone calls, visits - and anything bad that she does, or that the child tells him.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi JamericanQueen!

Welcome to VJ and thanks for joining in on the Yaardie thread!

Your I-130 was approved quick!! I've been reading over in the CR1 Thread about fast approvals so looks like a good thing for all of us CR1 filers!

You don't have to wait for the I-129...you can continue with the CR1 if you'd like.

HERE is the NVC Process flowchart so you can get an idea of what will be going on.

To answer your questions:

1. What is this DS-230 you are all talking about and do I have to download them to give to Kingston embassy

The DS-230 is the actual Immigrant Visa Application. There are 2 parts to it and the first part will need to be signed by your husband. * Right now you will be dealing with the NVC until they complete your case and forward it to the Kingston embassy.

2. What is the fee for the DS-230 (not sure if thats the right form name)

The fee for the Visa is $400. You will need to pay this before you send off the DS-230.

3. Now am I filing for the CR1/IR1? what is this

It is the Spousal Visa. At your husband's point of entry into the US, he will be stamped for the CR1 if you have been married for less than two years or the IR1 if you have been married for more than two years.

4. Call NVC and they dont have any knowledge of my case? how long does it take

You can call the NVC at (603) 334-0700

Take some time to review the CR1 Guides. They are a great help.

Also, there are NVC shortcuts that have been made from VJ members:

- James's Shortcuts: LINK

- Loto's Guide: LINK

- LingChe's Shortcuts: LINK

Some people who have used the shortcuts have gotten through the NVC process in less than a month!!!

Marlita started a helpful Yaardie NVC thread as well. You can find it HERE.

Jump in on any convos you'd like. You're in a great place and everyone is here to help :dance:

- Marie (F)

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

So, I found out right as I left work today that one of the people in my dept is leaving - and I already do 99% of her job, lol - So, I am trying to be the good little employee and put my best foot forward - but I want that role - It pays a SIGNIFICANT more in salary and is bonus eligible!!

Positive Vibes out to you SUS Claim it that job is yours :star: . It must be the right time for promotions because Thank God mine was confirmed last night. GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!

KayCee, I could never get use to soap operas. My grandmother loved them.

Hey KK, My Grammy was the one who had me hooked since a likkle pickney. I DVR Young & the Restless and Bold and Beautiful Everyday LOL. I was hotter than fish grease when they were pre-empted for 2 days because of the basketball games :angry:

KayCee, I could never get use to soap operas. My grandmother loved them.

Chile is my husband fault. Wasn't into it myself but he got me hooked. We use it as our bonding time. We used to go to the movies but with the cost of that we just wait until the DVD's are in Blockbuster or watch them free on watch_movie.net or ovguide.com.

Going to watch my pot before mi bun mi fowl. Cooking up some oriental stir fry chicken, yum yum.

Kcoy that sounds like me and My hubby we love our movie time, I burn a lot of DVD's so we have a massive collection. We plan many cozy nights on the rooftop watching our flicks :)

Ladies I am known as the Burnmaster :P so hit me up on FB if you need some flicks. I have most of new releases on DVD and many that are out now in the theaters......

ummm.. kcoy.. food sounds good and guess i didn't realize hubby was at home thats good.. girl i feel ya on the movie thing, but i just love to get dress up and go out on the town, i don't care if its a movie or eating or dancing.. mi like fi dress up LOL

jonsie, that movie sounds interesting, i think i remember seeing a clip

alright ladies, im out..

i am sleepy and will NOT be going out 2night.. need to catch up on my sleep..

have a good one EVERYBODY..

It taste good too, you know dat Jamaicans CAN COOK.. A OH. Enjoy going out too but as my hubby is not doing too well we stay home most of the time. he is getting treatment for final stage cancer but he is doing much better than he was last year.

KCoy my prayers go out to you for your Husband and family I have dealt with cancer 1st hand with my closest family members and it was the hardest thing I have ever encountered, so I truly empathize with what you are going through. If you ever need someone to talk to I am here......... Keep the faith........

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
Positive Vibes out to you SUS Claim it that job is yours :star: . It must be the right time for promotions because Thank God mine was confirmed last night. GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!

Ladies I am known as the Burnmaster :P so hit me up on FB if you need some flicks. I have most of new releases on DVD and many that are out now in the theaters......

Congrats!! You are rockin!

How do you do that Philly? I would like to burn them for my kids cuz I get sick of hearing the same movies ova & ova...

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

TGI Friday

KC and Dada - welcome :yes:

Jamerican Queen - welcome - my fam is from Golden Grove also :yes: all the info you need is on this site - in addition to the info already posted to you use the SEARCH engine here

Mi neva feel so rundown an tiyad in all a mi life star! Jah know mi need rest *sigh*

JA Princess what you doin online so early? I know you're not at work yet!

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Welcome Jamerican Queen ( JQ) WOW that was fast CONGRATS :star::thumbs:

Looks like Marie set you up nice with all of the info and links you will need, but we are here to answer any questions regarding your journey. I agree the CR/1 is the way to go :yes:

****ROC VSC****

Timeline

I tried to catch up a couple times in here, but ya'll can CHAT :blink::D

I will attempt to read more this weekend, I would ask for a re-cap but by the time I come back it would be moot anyway :P

my SO is ok if anyone was wondering/asking... :blush:

Hope all is well for ya'll too...

It's been a crazy week here but there's just one more day to go :dance:

TGIF!

Timeline
I tried to catch up a couple times in here, but ya'll can CHAT :blink::D

I will attempt to read more this weekend, I would ask for a re-cap but by the time I come back it would be moot anyway :P

my SO is ok if anyone was wondering/asking... :blush:

Hope all is well for ya'll too...

It's been a crazy week here but there's just one more day to go :dance:

TGIF!

Check ur pm please maam

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Gotta get back to work before bossman come around - lata

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Congrats!! You are rockin!

How do you do that Philly? I would like to burn them for my kids cuz I get sick of hearing the same movies ova & ova...

Hey Ms Island,

I have some burning programs I use to decrypt the released DVD's and I have underground that link me with the latest downloads. SHHHH its top secret LOL.

I don't have a lot of kids movies my boys are teenagers but I do love the Disney movies and cartoons they are always cute and keepers.

I think I will set up a site where I can send the link to all my VJ Ladies to spread the love :)

****ROC VSC****

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.