9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Does anybody have an opinion on this?

Is there any anecdotal evidence that if you spent a long time in namecheck during your AOS, you'll get stuck again at LOC?

And if anybody wants to add us to the VSC list, here's our info. I'll screw it up if I do it myself. :P

Case mailed 1/26/09

NOA1 date 1/29/09

Biometrics date 2/20/09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

well i have no proof but when my husband got stuck i talked to the congressman about it and he said its a good chance to get stuck again. i still to this day dont know if he is still stuck or just got thru when they cleared the backlog. will be interesting when we file in 2 more years for naturalization.

well i have no proof but when my husband got stuck i talked to the congressman about it and he said its a good chance to get stuck again. i still to this day dont know if he is still stuck or just got thru when they cleared the backlog. will be interesting when we file in 2 more years for naturalization.

We spoke to two attorneys during Wes' long namecheck process and both of them told us there was no way to tell if it could rear it's head again during lifting of conditions.

That's why I'm wondering what the anecdotal evidence is amongst VJ members.

At least for us, we know that Wes' name really did clear. His case was released several months before the Service decided to start releasing greencards to applicants even if the check wasn't done.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

We were delayed due to name check during AOS (not too badly, about 4 months delay) and now it seems my ROC is stuck again. We filed in July (CSC) and haven't heard back yet. A lot of people seemed to get approvals withing one to two months after filing at CSC, even with divorce waivers, so I can't help but wonder if it's the name check again.

I have an infopass appointment for the end of next week and, among other things, I will very nicely ask if this may be the problem.

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

We were delayed due to name check during AOS (not too badly, about 4 months delay) and now it seems my ROC is stuck again. We filed in July (CSC) and haven't heard back yet. A lot of people seemed to get approvals withing one to two months after filing at CSC, even with divorce waivers, so I can't help but wonder if it's the name check again.

I have an infopass appointment for the end of next week and, among other things, I will very nicely ask if this may be the problem.

Please come back to the thread and let me know what they say.

Thanks.

Timeline

Thanks.

Rebecca,

I just returned from our infopass appointment which was a complete waste of time.

The officer was very unhelpful, didn't have a clue about anything and wasn't able (or unwiling) to really look into my case.

He told us that almost no case was approved directly at the Service Center, that almost everybody was called for an interview and that the normal processing time of the I-751 was between 1 and 3 years. After these statements, I didn't even ask him about the namecheck anymore. :angry: Oh, yes, and he also said my status was extended for one year from the date of the NOA. Complete BS.

Bottom line, according to him, is that my case is pending at the CSC (no kidding).

I'm still thinking about what I'll do next.

Sorry I don't have more information for you. Good luck!

Margaret Thatcher

Thanks.

Rebecca,

I just returned from our infopass appointment which was a complete waste of time.

The officer was very unhelpful, didn't have a clue about anything and wasn't able (or unwiling) to really look into my case.

He told us that almost no case was approved directly at the Service Center, that almost everybody was called for an interview and that the normal processing time of the I-751 was between 1 and 3 years. After these statements, I didn't even ask him about the namecheck anymore. :angry: Oh, yes, and he also said my status was extended for one year from the date of the NOA. Complete BS.

Bottom line, according to him, is that my case is pending at the CSC (no kidding).

I'm still thinking about what I'll do next.

Sorry I don't have more information for you. Good luck!

Well thanks for posting anyway.

Sounds like you got a real moron.

Likewise, I will let you know via this thread if we have any developments on this issue.

Timeline

Well, don't know if our file was just lost or if my namecheck cleared just now - but we are DONE! :dance:

Rebecca, I wish you a speedy approval!

Margaret Thatcher

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.