moe1985

I-551 stamp

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I just recently recieved my 10 years green card 02-07-2009...and now i am wondering when i can apply for the u.s citizenship although my passport was never stamped with I-551 by the officer at the interview.

i would appreciate anyone's Help ,Thankyou.

AOS---Mailed 6/6/2008

Check cashed---6/16/2008

Noa's received--6/18/2008 (date of 6/13/2008)

Biometrics appt--7/9/2008

EAD(Card production ordered )--(October 2, 2008)

EAD Recieved--10/10/2008

I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS-Current Status: Notice Returned as Undeliverable--

12/02/08

01/22/09--Interview. PASSED.

01/23/09--Card production ordered.I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

02/07/2009-- 10 Years Green Card recieved.

Timeline

try posting this in the citizenship forum..or hoefully an organizer will come and move it for you. you should get some experience over there :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello,

When the wife got her green card, they got the numbers wrong on the card. She simply called them and it took six or seven months to finally correct the typo and resend a new corrected green card. The interview was approved on record, so a green card typo isn't a big deal. I'm sure they can send you another one, and probably less time than what we had to wait.

The time period you have to wait before you can apply for citizenship is three years from the date on your green card. Congrats on the approval part.

Dan

Married, 7-4-2003 in Bucharest, Romania

I-130 sent in 7-11-2003

I-129F sent in 8-06-2003

VISA approved 6-22-2004

I-130 approved 8-10-2004

EAD approved 1-6-2005

AOS approved 8-10-2005

Green card received on 8-15-05

Green Card returned because of error...received back from INS on 2-15-06

Citizenship, not applied for...yet.

http://www.geocities.com/dan49508/mypage.html

Baby boy, born 8-25-2005

Filed: Timeline

You can apply for Citizenship 90 days before the 3rd anniversary of the date you became a LPR. Look at your Greencard and you will see a line that says "Resident Since" that is the date you count from. They allow you to file 90 days before the annaversary date as long as you meet the requirments to file.

You may also want to update your profile as it says you are filing for K3 and it should be "Adjustment Approved"

Moved to Citizenship forum.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hello everyone,

I just recently recieved my 10 years green card 02-07-2009...and now i am wondering when i can apply for the u.s citizenship although my passport was never stamped with I-551 by the officer at the interview.

i would appreciate anyone's Help ,Thankyou.

At that time, my wife's current valid foreign passport was not even requested by the USCIS, but she needed that to travel as well as her green card. You just get that green card from the USCIS that let's you return to this country. The passport is your problem, and may not be easy to get if your home country asks you why you want a passport from them while you are living here. That was the problem for us. Our laws don't even take this into consideration expecting you to maintain a foreign passport while at the same time requiring you to live here.

This alone was key motivation for us to apply for USC ASAP! Well before her 90th day before her 3rd anniversary all of our evidence and that N-400 was checked out by our attorney. And when that date arrived, it was mailed off. 5 1/2 months later, she had her US Passport.

Only reason why I know of that you will need that I-551 stamp in your passport is if your I-751 one year extension runs out, but that is only if you have a current valid foreign passport. If you don't, can get a I-94 extension, believe you have to bring in passport photos and arrange for an infopass appointment to do that. Was all prepared for that, but suddenly her ten year card arrived.

Timeline

Thankyou everyone for the valuable answers, I Wish you guys the best of luck on each one's journey. God bless you ALL .

AOS---Mailed 6/6/2008

Check cashed---6/16/2008

EAD Recieved--10/10/2008

I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS-Current Status: Notice Returned as Undeliverable--

12/02/08

01/23/09--Card production ordered.I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Check this out!

www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

This will have most of info you need to know about N400 application.

And check for N400 application form, too.

Then you will know what you should be careful until you get naturalized. :whistle:

Timeline

Thankyou very much Moonhunt for the website, it was Great, I understand everything about it now .

Goodluck.

AOS---Mailed 6/6/2008

Check cashed---6/16/2008

EAD Recieved--10/10/2008

12/02/08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.