Alex+R

varying EAD processing times---1 month?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all...

As soon as Rey gets here, we're moving to San Diego. I just saw that the processing times for AOS and EAD there look pretty fast (1 month EAD, 3 months AOS???)

Is this really possible? I was under the impression that it all had to be filed at the Lockbox, and if so, how is it possible for the employment auth stuff to take different lengths of time? Is it like it goes to the lockbox and then is forwarded to the proper place?

Sooo confused, very happy to have found people to answer these questions!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Alexa!!!

Just to make the things a lil more clear to you: You will mail everything to Chicago lockbox, which will be forward to Lee's Summit, Missouri = NBC (National Benefits Center). The biometrics letter for both applications will come from there, but the bio appointment and interview will be in your DO (District Office). The EAD is processed at NBC and the AOS is forward to your DO, in your case will be San Diego, after you move.

So, you should be checking the timelines from NBC for the EAD, instead the the DO. The DO is for AOS.

As far as I know, unless I'm missing something... :unsure:

Good luck in your process,

Carol :thumbs:

Edited by Carol&Marc

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

I think some types of EAD's can be filed thru local offices, but not the ones concurrent with marriage AOS applications. Some asylum/refugees can apply for EAD at the local offices, so that may be what the timeline is reflecting. Maybe you can get a quick infopass just to ask, it wouldn't hurt I guess.

panama17xu.gif texas19sn.gif

pequen4io.jpg

Married January 18, 2006

08 JUN 2006.....AP document recieved :)

09 JUN 2006.....regular EAD approval

14 JUN 2006.....regular EAD recieved in mail

22 JUL 2006......AOS and EAD (?) touched...moving along maybe? :)

21 AUG 2006....Recieved interview letter!

26 SEP 2006.....INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 SEP 2006.....APPROVED WITH FLYING COLORS!

05 OCT 2006....Welcome letter recieved

11 OCT 2006....THE CARD ARRIVES!!!!!!!!!!

15 SEP 2008.....Sent for removal of conditions

24 SEP 2008.....NOA for removal of conditions

10 MAR 2009....Transferred from VSC to CSC

22 MAY 2009.....REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS APPROVED!!!!!! :) Citizenship here we come!

Lucky you are moving to San Diego because it is one of the quickest processing places in the USA. Check out my timeline for my super quick processing of both my AOS and EAD. I have known many others from around here who also got theirs quick.

LONDON TO CALIFORNIA ....

K1

May 5th 05 - K1 petition sent to CSC

August 23rd 05 - Visa Approved!!!

AOS and EAD

December 5th 05 - AOS and EAD sent

December 16th 05 - NOA's received for both AOS and EAD

December 31st 05 - Receive letter for AOS interview

February 6th 06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED

February 16th 06 - Biometrics Appointment

February 22nd 06 - EAD Approved via e mail

February 27th 06 - EAD card in mail!!!

March 6th 06 - Got a job!

March 17th 06 - Green Card Approval via e mail

March 18th 06 - 'Welcome to America' letter arrives

March 24th 06 - Green Card Arrives!

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world.

For indeed, that's all who ever have."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.