w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Ahmadinejad announces the dawn of the era of intellect, asks for American cooperation in the war against terror

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ahmadinejihad is the #1 Persian Shoe.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Lionize despots? Is that another way of saying that they admire them?

I have no idea who does that, no one on the legitimate left that's for sure. More hyperbole to demonize those who don't belong to the right is right group :)

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Lionize despots? Is that another way of saying that they admire them?

I have no idea who does that, no one on the legitimate left that's for sure. More hyperbole to demonize those who don't belong to the right is right group

Castro, for example, still has his admirers on the American left. Chavez isn't dictator yet but he's still admired. Che wasn't a dictator but they're still making positive films about him.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

He does? Who in government today is a Castro admirer? Or, anyone in recent history that got elected on a platform that included admiration of Castro?

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
He does? Who in government today is a Castro admirer? Or, anyone in recent history that got elected on a platform that included admiration of Castro?

I know people were pro-Castro in the 60's, but not so much these days I'd have thought...

Timeline

Add Congressman Charles Rangel to the list.

http://www.villagevoice.com/2005-06-07/new...black-prisoner/

David & Lalai

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

"the world is entering an era of dialogue and intellect."

nice if it was true

Something tells me that something is up here, what's the play? :unsure:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Interesting article Alien, but it doesn't actually mean that he admires Castro. What he says is, that he sees no merit in encouraging a political overthrow of the Castro regime via supporting Cuban agitators. Judging by the record of US support for other such 'agitations', he has a very sensible point to make, don't you think?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

For speculation sake does the new Iranian candidate wear a blue turban at all? On another note some say that the war on terror was not a failure at all but a complete success because it was never meant to be won but rather to spread imperialism and privatize war.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
Interesting article Alien, but it doesn't actually mean that he admires Castro. What he says is, that he sees no merit in encouraging a political overthrow of the Castro regime via supporting Cuban agitators. Judging by the record of US support for other such 'agitations', he has a very sensible point to make, don't you think?

Sounds reasonable. We should give 25 year sentences here to people who hold private human rights meeting in their homes, fast and hold prayer services. Speaking out against the government is like trying to overthrow the government, no?

"Dr. Biscet's plan to create small groups meeting in private homes to promote human rights landed him in jail again and he received a 25-year sentence."

She noted that the website free-biscet.org reported that since Biscet was put away, "he has staged protests against Cuba's violation of human rights at the prison with acts of civil disobedience, such as fasting and holding prayer services."

During one of those acts of civil disobedience—his wife, Elsa Morejón Hernández, says—Dr. Biscet was among the prisoners who shouted, "Down with the Castro-Communist dictatorship." Like civil rights fighters in the United States and South Africa, Dr. Biscet has refused to cower in his cell, and at times that's been one of Castro's "punishment cells."

David & Lalai

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Yes, human rights abuses are terrible, and of course should be given due diligence, but does due diligence entail the US government supporting insurgencies when as we know from previous experience, the outcomes of said insurgencies are far from certain to lead to an overthrow of the government? In fact, what has happened in the vast majority of cases is that such agitations have resulted in extreme hardship and further destabilization, not some happy, clappy democracy modeled on the USA.

It's spin yet you don't see it.

Edited by Madame Cleo