Gri5w4ld

where to stay

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well i've been looking at hotels most of today and almost 3am here. I found one called baywatch tower but their home page looked crappy and I figure if they can't pay for a nice page then they probably aren't too great. I also checked out Bayview Park Hotel and it looks really nice for the price but I read somewhere that the people working there can be thugs so im worried about security now. I just came across this place called Tropicana Apartment Hotel that pretty much seems perfect so far. I am staying for 2 maybe 3 weeks and so i'm trying to find something with decent prices that is safe. I'm also looking for a place that has a pool and possibly a small kitchen. I would like a jacuzzi in the room but that might be a little too expensive. So any of you have tips for me on where to stay? Maybe you stayed at some of the places I mentioned?

Well i've been looking at hotels most of today and almost 3am here. I found one called baywatch tower but their home page looked crappy and I figure if they can't pay for a nice page then they probably aren't too great. I also checked out Bayview Park Hotel and it looks really nice for the price but I read somewhere that the people working there can be thugs so im worried about security now. I just came across this place called Tropicana Apartment Hotel that pretty much seems perfect so far. I am staying for 2 maybe 3 weeks and so i'm trying to find something with decent prices that is safe. I'm also looking for a place that has a pool and possibly a small kitchen. I would like a jacuzzi in the room but that might be a little too expensive. So any of you have tips for me on where to stay? Maybe you stayed at some of the places I mentioned?

theres alot of place or hotel that u can stay ...in malate area....u can find cheaper hotel there too...

Is Malate close to St. Luke? What hotel in Malate is cheap? Im going there tomorrow and still dont know if which hotel im going to stay :) any quick reply is very much highly appreciated. Thank you.

Is Malate close to St. Luke? What hotel in Malate is cheap? Im going there tomorrow and still dont know if which hotel im going to stay :) any quick reply is very much highly appreciated. Thank you.

yes..it is close in saint.lukes...saint lukes address is 1177 J. Bocobo St.,Ermita manila....or u can ask anybody there in that place where is saint lukes they all know that place or ask the vendors there...or u can call this number 632-521-0020

Goodluck

yes..it is close in saint.lukes...saint lukes address is 1177 J. Bocobo St.,Ermita manila....or u can ask anybody there in that place where is saint lukes they all know that place or ask the vendors there...or u can call this number 632-521-0020

Goodluck

Il do that and Thank you.

My first trip to the Phils (for a training) was in Feb 2003 and we stayed at the Bayview Park Hotel. Later when I moved to the Phils full time for work, I organised a conference there too. Its an okay hotel, maybe like a regular 2-3star hotel. But a convenient venue, quite near to the US embassy, the Marina, the "fun" areas in Malate, they are within walking distance. If you are concerned re security, then smallish hotels/pensionne not for you, as the atmosphere will be like in a seedy kind of place, and you wont be sure what to expect and who can come and go into your building. In proper hotel like Bayview Park Hotel, security is tighter, hence you feel that they are thuggish. (oh I dont know you, so i dont know what you constitute as thuggish, and what you mean by "safe" too) Please be prepared to be searched with metal detactor for weapons etc by security and security dogs each time you enter (unless after a while the security know you already). But this (security and weapons) you will see everywhere, before u enter 7-11, malls, hotels, offices, everywhere, so better suck up and get used to it ;) But they are usually very pleasant but serious people, not thuggish. ;) Plus, you may want to be ready to see homeless families sleeping just next to the hotel at the playpark at night when you walk back from your night entertainment. And being followed by group of street kids.. :)

Hotel with pool yes you can get easily, but with kitchen access like what you can get traveling across Europe and elsewhere (a la backpackers), I am not sure. In my 4 years of traveling in the Phils, I have yet to see one. Esp when u can get cheap food everywhere, and there near the Malate area, there's lots of restaurants/clubs/etc for you to sample and people to meet. :) Oh, dont your gf have any network to find short term apartment for rent?

Edited by faryan
.png

Filed: Timeline

just try LOTUS GARDEN in MALATE (city garden chain) maybe 2 dollars taxi ride to st. lukes and 2 dollars taxi ride to us embassy

We found many nice american style hotels close to USEM/St Lukes for around $20 per day.

I don't know about a jacuzzi, and swimming pools seems like Philippines only swim early in the morning or late in evenings or when it rains, they don't like to tan.

The whiter the skin the better to them.....

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Manila Peninsula,it's in Makati,it's expensive but it's nice hotel:)

if you like a room with Jacuzzi, they have that at Intercontinental Hotel in Makati:)they are not close to St.Lukes

Good luck on your trip:)

Kitchen?

Food in Philippines taste better than USA, and is much cheaper and is everywhere.

You can eat a good dinner for about $2 per meal, I don't know if I would be wanting to cook in PI

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Check this site...all the hotels in malate.. address and contact numbers in there..goodluck

http://www.clickthecity.com/hotel/results....=18&htype=1

I put Claudeth and her Mom up in the Bayview for a week. They seemed to think it was nice and in a convenient location.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Pearl Garden Hotel in Malate, i think it is near or on Mabini street. I stayed there before I dont know if they have jacuzzi suite, however it is very clean safe and they have a nice breakfast buffet . and they have a nice coffee shop in the lobby Prices are reasonable and the staff is helpful and friendly. Lots of restaurants nearby.

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.