MARM

People between NOA2 and Interview ~2009~

2,003 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The UK one is valid for 12 months for immigration purposes. I'm not sure about the Pakistani one though.

Thanks! I figured out the Pakistani one, valid for 6 months.

Btw the UK one will say on it 6 mths but the embassy will say it is valid for 12.

'Please note that the Immigrant Visa Unit considers the police certificate valid for 12 months from the date of issuance, not six months as stated on the certificate.'

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/ds2001.html#pc

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I wasn't making it sound you were taking over the interview thread, sorry if it came out that way :blush:

This thread is a good idea though as lots of similar questions get asked in the interview thread, and it would be better if they were all covered here in one place so the interview thead is free for people to announce their dates and news.

Oh actually I thought you felt that I was taking over your thread :blush:

Don't be sorry though! I can't wait until we get an interview date, then I will be all over your thread! :yes:

A good thread here and I think it's needed.

Threads belong to us ALL, not one person. We are ALL here to help each other eh.

(L)

A good thread here and I think it's needed.

Threads belong to us ALL, not one person. We are ALL here to help each other eh.

(L)

Agreed :thumbs: !

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

My fiance has to send in his passport for renewal! I was thinking that it would be great once we got the LND# from NVC for him to schedule his medical. But our concern is, if he doesn't get his passport back in time for the medical, can he present another form of ID instead of his passport? Of course we will have it back in time for the interview, but we were thinking to get his medical done early, as soon as we can. Please advise! :help:

I think that they would want to see the passport as they dont offer an alternative that you can produce, but you can always call them to confirm

Just to answer your question I sent my packet 3 back on the 7th Jan and my interview is the 6th March, just so you can get an idea of time, however this might be becuase I put on the check list April departure wedding date unkown, so you can always put a early date down and hope for the best

great thread!! what number do we need off the NOA2 hard copy for the medical! we just recieved the hardcopy today :) can you pick your appointments for medical and interview or are they both assigned!

Colin & Jess

*K-1 Visa Timeline*

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent USPS: 08-18-2008

I-129F arrived at VSC: 08-21-08

Check cashed by VSC: 08-24-08

I-129F NOA1 : 08-24-08

I-129F NOA2 (CHECKED ON WEBSITEl) : 1-28-09

NOA 2 (IN HAND) : 1-29-09

NVC Received : 02-06-09

NVC Left : 02-10-09

Consulate Received : 02-11-09

Packet 3 Received : 02-13-09

Packet 3 Sent to London (minus checklist): 03-02-09

Packet 3 Received in London( found out via calling embassy and email) : 03-12-09

Packet 3 checlist sent back: 03-27-09

Medical: 03-26-09 canceled due to operation... rescheduled for 04/23/09

Packet 4 Received :04-06-09

Interview Date : 04-27-09 ( APPROVED pending medical results)

Visa Received :

US Entry : 04-13-09 via Dallas Fort Worth airport

Marriage : 06-06-09

AOS time line

I-485(+EAD&AP) sent: 07/21/09

Arrived: 07/23/09

Biometrics: 08/26/09

RFE: 08/10/09 but got letter 10-23-09 (you have 87days to answer an RFE)

RFE RECEIVED: 30-10-09 at 4pm

Interview:

AOS transfer(if any):4/11/09

Approval/denial date:

you just need your LND number to book the medical, and yes you can chose your time and location as there are 2 places to get them done one in Central London and one in Knightbidge

The interview is another thing you get what you are given but you can change it if you cant make it

I am sure this info is somewhere here on this site, but I can't find it right now :(

I got approved on Thursday, so I was thinking of calling NVC on Monday and asking for my LND#. NVC is open 5 days a week, but what about Saturday & Sunday? I know they are not open, but do you think that they would have my case in their automated record message system over the weekend?

I am sure this info is somewhere here on this site, but I can't find it right now :(

I got approved on Thursday, so I was thinking of calling NVC on Monday and asking for my LND#. NVC is open 5 days a week, but what about Saturday & Sunday? I know they are not open, but do you think that they would have my case in their automated record message system over the weekend?

It will take a little time for them to receive it I would call more towards the end of the week, I dont think they would have received it yet

Ok guys and gals, I have some tax return/financial doc questions

As we just got our NOA2, my fiance will most probably be interviewing at earliest in April or end of March, right?

So I assume that instead of 2005, 2006, and 2007 tax returns, the CO would be interested in 2006, 2007, and 2008, correct?

And I am getting ready to send a packet of documents to my fiance (will be sending it to him when he gets his packet 4), and I was wondering how many copies of the financial documents am I supposed to send to my fiance?

The financial documents package looks like this:

Part 1-Me:

1.) My I-134-original

2.) My 2008 tax return+ W-2 copies

3.) My Full Time Student Letter from Univ.-original

4.) Notarized explanation of "I am a student, therefore co-sponsor...details"-original

Part 2-Co-sponsor:

1.) Co-sponsor's I-134-original

2.) Co-sponsor's jointly filed 2006, 2007, 2008 tax returns copies( I have transcripts from the IRS also, should I add those?)

3.) Co-sponsor's W-2s: 2006, 2007, 2008 copies

4.) Letter from employer-original

5.) Current paystubs copies

6.) Proof of citizenship copy

7.) Notarized explanation of "Sponsor is student, there I am the co-sponsor...details..."-original

How many copies should I make of the entire packet???? Just one set prepared as I have listed above is fine? Or should I make a duplicate set of everything above?

Help! :help:

I would send the originals and copy them twice once for yourself and once for your OH!!

ho do you prove citezinship, is a copy of passport page enough!??

also what ever the main spocer does, then the co sposer does as well ! right ?

Colin & Jess

*K-1 Visa Timeline*

Packet 3 Received in London( found out via calling embassy and email) : 03-12-09

Visa Received :

AOS time line

Interview:

Approval/denial date:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

As we just got our NOA2, my fiance will most probably be interviewing at earliest in April or end of March, right?

So I assume that instead of 2005, 2006, and 2007 tax returns, the CO would be interested in 2006, 2007, and 2008, correct?

And I am getting ready to send a packet of documents to my fiance (will be sending it to him when he gets his packet 4), and I was wondering how many copies of the financial documents am I supposed to send to my fiance?

Part 1-Me:

1.) My I-134-original

4.) Notarized explanation of "I am a student, therefore co-sponsor...details"-original

Part 2-Co-sponsor:

2.) Co-sponsor's jointly filed 2006, 2007, 2008 tax returns copies( I have transcripts from the IRS also, should I add those?)

7.) Notarized explanation of "Sponsor is student, there I am the co-sponsor...details..."-original

How many copies should I make of the entire packet???? Just one set prepared as I have listed above is fine? Or should I make a duplicate set of everything above?

I'm sorry to interupt but i was reading this thread and i was courios of some info: Does the co-sponsor have to be a US citizen or green card holder with be fine??

I would send the originals and copy them twice once for yourself and once for your OH!!

ho do you prove citezinship, is a copy of passport page enough!??

also what ever the main spocer does, then the co sposer does as well ! right ?

To prove citizenship, a copy of the biographical page of the passport is enough for the co-sponsor, as the sponsor, you don't need to add proof to your I-134 that you are a USC, because that has already been established, but the co-sponsor does need to include proof of citizenship. If you mean that the co-sponsor and sponsor fill out the exact same paper work, yes you are right they do the same thing, except the co-sponsor has his/her own set of documents in connection with their own I-134, and the sponsor has his/her own I-134 and supporting documents (even if the sponsor does not have any income, the sponsor still needs to fill out his/her own I-134)

Hope that made sense!

Part 1-Me:

1.) My I-134-original

Part 2-Co-sponsor:

I'm sorry to interupt but i was reading this thread and i was courios of some info: Does the co-sponsor have to be a US citizen or green card holder with be fine??

The co-sponsor can be either a US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident(green card holder). :yes:

yes that is what i meant ! so for example i will just get your list done twice! 1 for my fiance and 1 for my co sponsor!! and this should be sufficent! for proof of citizenship i was going to get a copy of photo page of passport! and photo copy of driving liscence!

Im still confused into what happens at NVC!! when should i call them !

also with the vacinations should i just get the ones that fall under my age barrier .. for example Hep A is for small children0 to 5 yrs ! if i never had the shot as a small child would i need it now!>? ( im just using this as an example the age and disease could be wrong , just speak hypertheticall! )

thank

Colin & Jess

*K-1 Visa Timeline*

Visa Received :

AOS time line

Interview:

Approval/denial date:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.