MARM

People between NOA2 and Interview ~2009~

2,003 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Is there a difference when you phone the DoS in terminology. They said to me they had received the packet 3 and logged it, and to wait for an interview date to be sent. I never got told elligible etc? Is this just a difference in terminology?

it's like a 2nd phase.. it went from logged in to wait on your itnerview date, to a week later being considered "eligible" Eligible means.. they have all the DS forms and checklist and can now schedule the interview date and send you packet 4 :)

Hope this helps!

Edited by Wendy_n_John

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Is there a difference when you phone the DoS in terminology. They said to me they had received the packet 3 and logged it, and to wait for an interview date to be sent. I never got told elligible etc? Is this just a difference in terminology?

it's like a 2nd phase.. it went from logged in to wait on your itnerview date, to a week later being considered "eligible" Eligible means.. they have all the DS forms and checklist and can now schedule the interview date and send you packet 4 :)

Hope this helps!

I was "logged" last week but on Monday became "eligible not scheduled". My theory is that you become logged when they open your packet 3,put it into your file and log you into the system, and then "eligible" when they process your forms and make sure there's nothing missing.

K1
12.1.09 interview - APPROVED!!!
12.21.09 wedding

AOS
12.22.09 Application sent overnight
6.22.10 Green Card approved

ROC

Oct 2012

Naturalization

04.02.13 Application received

04.20.13 Biometrics

Timeline

Hope this helps!

I was "logged" last week but on Monday became "eligible not scheduled". My theory is that you become logged when they open your packet 3,put it into your file and log you into the system, and then "eligible" when they process your forms and make sure there's nothing missing.

*Nods* that's what I think too. I believ those who were marked eligible this week will have a packet 4 in their hands within 2 weeks :):devil:

Edited by Wendy_n_John

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

For your fiance to be "eligible" for an interview, the Embassy has to receive all of the DS forms and the checklist. Until they are received and entered into the system, the Embassy will not schedule an interview date. Hope this helps...

11-13 called Department of State "Allyson" said - we are ELIGIBLE for an interview!! Should have have an interview date within 2 weeks! Come on Embassyyyyyyyyyyyyy

*** after note - we did send the Checklist AND the DS forms.. he has had his medical, we have the police cert (that took 2 weeks) and the MOC (took 2 weeks) - we are ready for what they got!! briiiiiiiing itttttttt lol

Yay!! :dance:

AOS Visa Journey

28/06/2010 - POE Chicago 28th June 2010

10/09/2010 - Married in ATL, GA

05/10/2010 - Sent AOS Package to USCIS

06/10/2010 - AOS Package received at Chicago Lockbox

14/10/2010 - Email/Text sent from USCIS to say they had received our AOS and NOA1 was in the mail

18/10/2010 - NOA1 Received via Mail

22/10/2010 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/11/2010 - Biometrics Appointment

18/12/2010 - Letter received for interview appointment

21/12/2010 - Received EAD and AP

21/01/2011 - Interview!

AOS APPROVED!

03/25/2011 - Green Card Received

Timeline

11-13 called Department of State "Allyson" said - we are ELIGIBLE for an interview!! Should have have an interview date within 2 weeks! Come on Embassyyyyyyyyyyyyy

*** after note - we did send the Checklist AND the DS forms.. he has had his medical, we have the police cert (that took 2 weeks) and the MOC (took 2 weeks) - we are ready for what they got!! briiiiiiiing itttttttt lol

11-13-09 Called DOS 2 pm We got our interview date too!! 1-4-2010!!! 9 am!! omgggg... so far away but that's ok!! i know it's coming.. yayyy!!

I wonder if anyone has asked the embassy to move it up.. think they will?

11-13-09 Called DOS 2 pm We got our interview date too!! 1-4-2010!!! 9 am!! omgggg... so far away but that's ok!! i know it's coming.. yayyy!!

Awwww.... that probably means no interview for me until January... :cry:

April 30th 09: Verification that I-129F was delivered to CSC!

May 12th 09: NOA1!

May 15th 09: Check cashed

Aug 13th 09: *NOA2!*

Aug 18th 09: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Aug 21st 09: NVC Received

Aug 24th 09: NVC Approved!

Aug 27th 09: London received

Sep 11th 09: Packet 3 received

Nov 10th 09: Mailed packet 3.

Nov 12th 09: Packet 3 delivered.

Nov 17th 09: Medical

Dec 7th 09: Interview Scheduled.

Dec 17th 09: Interview Approved!

Dec 30th 09: Visa Printed!

Jan 6th 10: POE Dallas!

Feb 6th 10: Wedding!

event.png

Timeline

Awwww.... that probably means no interview for me until January... :cry:

I knowwwwwwwwww I'm heartbroken really.. but have to stay postiive for John's sake.. i reallyyyyy wanted December... :crying:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I knowwwwwwwwww I'm heartbroken really.. but have to stay postiive for John's sake.. i reallyyyyy wanted December... :crying:

I am feeling horrible about it too. If you want to call London's extortion line and pay $16 they will tell you what to do to request a new date. :(

I was hoping Dave could get an interview around our moms birthdays which are Dec 10th & 11th. Originally I wanted it Dec 5th.. if we dont have one until January I am going to freak out and bawl. As though I havent been doing that enough today anyways. :crying::crying::crying::crying:

JewelX

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline

I am feeling horrible about it too. If you want to call London's extortion line and pay $16 they will tell you what to do to request a new date. :(

I was hoping Dave could get an interview around our moms birthdays which are Dec 10th & 11th. Originally I wanted it Dec 5th.. if we dont have one until January I am going to freak out and bawl. As though I havent been doing that enough today anyways. :crying::crying::crying::crying:

JewelX

I will have John call the extortion line (lol) when he gets the packet in the mail next week. Hang in there Jewel, it's only a couple extra weeks from when you wanted your date.. we can get through this!

JewelX

I will have John call the extortion line (lol) when he gets the packet in the mail next week. Hang in there Jewel, it's only a couple extra weeks from when you wanted your date.. we can get through this!

I think they may be able to get earlier days, but only on a last minute basis, when people cancel or don't show up. That's my guess. And interviewing is an all day process just to get to London and back from Nottingham, I don't think that will be possible for Riggs.

April 30th 09: Verification that I-129F was delivered to CSC!

May 12th 09: NOA1!

May 15th 09: Check cashed

Aug 13th 09: *NOA2!*

Aug 18th 09: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Aug 21st 09: NVC Received

Aug 24th 09: NVC Approved!

Aug 27th 09: London received

Sep 11th 09: Packet 3 received

Nov 10th 09: Mailed packet 3.

Nov 12th 09: Packet 3 delivered.

Nov 17th 09: Medical

Dec 7th 09: Interview Scheduled.

Dec 17th 09: Interview Approved!

Dec 30th 09: Visa Printed!

Jan 6th 10: POE Dallas!

Feb 6th 10: Wedding!

event.png

Timeline

Had a nice chat with gmj last n ight (Ginny) we decided to call the embassy and try to get it moved up to Nov or early Dec. John and I are going to shoot fora Christmas wedding due to my sisters failing health (so she can attend), so hopefully they will be sympathetic I will report the outcome.

Talked to the embassy this morning. I was instructed to send an email (after they took my $16 of course) to the London Embassy and given a specific code to refer to.. I've emailed them just now and await a reply. She said give it a day or two for an answer. She said it will be quick as they don't receive much correspondence.

Here's what I wrote:

Good Morning. I spoke with one of your Embassy Representatives today "Evelyn" and explained our situation and respectfully request to have our interview date moved up.

Our circumstance is this. We would like to move our interview date up to the end of November or first week of December as we have to move the wedding date up to 12-12-09 or 12-19-09 (pending officiant availability).

My Sister whom I want at my wedding has been battling pancreatic cancer for 5 months. Her health just took a turn for the worse and she has been diagnosed as not having much time left with us. If we can get an earlier interview date, and our visa is approved, John could arrive in the states and we could have a small ceremony to celebrate our future with my family and she could be a part of it.

This would mean everything to us.

If you can see it possible to grant this request, it will mean so much to John and I and our families. Your consideration and review is extremely appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

Here's to a quick reply from the embassy...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Had a nice chat with gmj last n ight (Ginny) we decided to call the embassy and try to get it moved up to Nov or early Dec. John and I are going to shoot fora Christmas wedding due to my sisters failing health (so she can attend), so hopefully they will be sympathetic I will report the outcome.

Talked to the embassy this morning. I was instructed to send an email (after they took my $16 of course) to the London Embassy and given a specific code to refer to.. I've emailed them just now and await a reply. She said give it a day or two for an answer. She said it will be quick as they don't receive much correspondence.

Here's what I wrote:

Good Morning. I spoke with one of your Embassy Representatives today "Evelyn" and explained our situation and respectfully request to have our interview date moved up.

Our circumstance is this. We would like to move our interview date up to the end of November or first week of December as we have to move the wedding date up to 12-12-09 or 12-19-09 (pending officiant availability).

My Sister whom I want at my wedding has been battling pancreatic cancer for 5 months. Her health just took a turn for the worse and she has been diagnosed as not having much time left with us. If we can get an earlier interview date, and our visa is approved, John could arrive in the states and we could have a small ceremony to celebrate our future with my family and she could be a part of it.

If you can see it possible to grant this request, it will mean so much to John and I and our families. Your consideration and review is extremely appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

I hope it works out for you and I am sorry to hear about your sister.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

I-129F Sent : Jul 10, 2009, Fri (wonderful day); I-129F Recvd: Jul 11, 2009, Sat

Check being cashed: Jul 15, 2009, Wed (whoo hoo, in the process)

I-129F NOA1 : Jul 13, 2009 (date on letter); I-129F NOA1: July 20, 2009 (day letter actually arrived)

Victoria went to England: Aug 29 - Sep 7

I-129F RFE(s) : none, awesome; I-129F NOA2 : Sep 21, 2009

Craigy went to US: Oct 16 - Oct 24

NVC Left : Sep 25, 2009

Packet 3 Sent to Craigy: Oct 6, 2009 (per DOS), Oct 9, 2009 Craigy recvd; Sent out Nov 16; Eligible for Interview: Nov 25 (per DOS)

Victoria going to England: Dec 25 - Jan 4 Interview while Victoria is visiting Paul. Dec 29, 2009 8 am Success. Jan 3, 2009 Courier dropped off Passport with Visa

Craigy Enters US: March 31st

Marriage: May 1, 2010

Timeline

Thanks PD... We are keeping our spirits up :)

Here's what I wrote:

Good lunck Wendy and John, i hope this works out for you, make sure you let us all know and im sorry to hear about your sister

AOS Visa Journey

28/06/2010 - POE Chicago 28th June 2010

10/09/2010 - Married in ATL, GA

05/10/2010 - Sent AOS Package to USCIS

06/10/2010 - AOS Package received at Chicago Lockbox

14/10/2010 - Email/Text sent from USCIS to say they had received our AOS and NOA1 was in the mail

18/10/2010 - NOA1 Received via Mail

22/10/2010 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/11/2010 - Biometrics Appointment

18/12/2010 - Letter received for interview appointment

21/12/2010 - Received EAD and AP

21/01/2011 - Interview!

AOS APPROVED!

03/25/2011 - Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Here's what I wrote:

Wow, Wendy. Given these horrendous circumstances, I really hope they come through for you. We lost my brother to Cancer, a year ago last month. After battling it bravely for four years he took a turn for the worst, and we lost him within a few months. We were all with him when he passed. It was a life altering experience. Those final months were such walking hell. I have to commend you on how incredibly strong and amazingly upbeat you've been, considering the sheer hell you and your family must be going through.

I know that now, a year later, I STILL feel guilty planning such a celebratory event. My whole family is having a hard time moving on, still. It comes with the territory of grief. So I can only imagine you feel that as well, it's just human nature. And yet, you've been so brave, not mentioning a single word of your sister's illness to us, even though I'm sure it's been torture, watching this happen to her at such a happy time in your life. I know it was that way for me. It even postponed our applying for this visa for six months. And yet, despite all of the information you've shared about yourself and John and your situation, you've never said a thing about this horrible tragedy. How amazingly stoic of you. Such restraint in the face of such overwhelming tragedy. You're an inspiration, truly. Those of us who have lost a close loved one, a sibling, to this barbaric disease, understand exactly what you're going through. And I am blown away by how you've never, ever let it show. I would imagine it would be out of a desire for privacy, I certainly understand and respect that. I wouldn't be discussing it now, except that you told us all about it by reposting your letter.

I will keep you, your poor poor sister, and your entire family in my thoughts and prayers. I wish for comfort and peace for you and John, during what will be, I'm sure, a very bittersweet wedding ceremony. (L)(L)

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.