MARM

People between NOA2 and Interview ~2009~

2,003 posts in this topic

Might be a silly question but who is the 'principal applicant who needs to complete form DS-156K? Is that me or my fiance Patrick (the petitioner)

Thank you

AOS Visa Journey

28/06/2010 - POE Chicago 28th June 2010

10/09/2010 - Married in ATL, GA

05/10/2010 - Sent AOS Package to USCIS

06/10/2010 - AOS Package received at Chicago Lockbox

14/10/2010 - Email/Text sent from USCIS to say they had received our AOS and NOA1 was in the mail

18/10/2010 - NOA1 Received via Mail

22/10/2010 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/11/2010 - Biometrics Appointment

18/12/2010 - Letter received for interview appointment

21/12/2010 - Received EAD and AP

21/01/2011 - Interview!

AOS APPROVED!

03/25/2011 - Green Card Received

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Might be a silly question but who is the 'principal applicant who needs to complete form DS-156K? Is that me or my fiance Patrick (the petitioner)

Thank you

The way I think about it is that as the USC, I filed the K1 petition requesting that my fiance be allowed to file as an immigrant. The NOA2 was my approval. Now the file has been sent to London and he will receive a P3 letting him know what forms he needs. He will be filing for the immigrant visa when he fills out and sends in the DS forms. My part of this process, besides the I134, is complete.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Ok, its time to call of my VJ Helpers again! I am wondering, Patrick has only electronic copies of his pay slips and his W2 Tax forms, (he doesnt get hard copies) and he has turned them into PDF's for me (so i can print them).

Will the embassy accept these as evidence on our I-134? If not i will have to get him to print them off the website (not sure if they will be any different mind you). The ones i have, have all the info on.

Thanks

Since they do not have an original signature on them anyway, I don't think this is an issue. I printed mine off and handed to him b/c he was here but it wouldn't have been any different if he printed off there.

Looking at the link sent in Packet 3 it states that i need to get notarized copies of his or her latest federal income tax return; Does that mean i need to get Patrick to print his tax returns, get them notarized and then send them to me?

Thank you

The way I think about it is that as the USC, I filed the K1 petition requesting that my fiance be allowed to file as an immigrant. The NOA2 was my approval. Now the file has been sent to London and he will receive a P3 letting him know what forms he needs. He will be filing for the immigrant visa when he fills out and sends in the DS forms. My part of this process, besides the I134, is complete.

Thanks - i feel so much more confused now that the packet 3 has come with the link. Maybe its just me but there seems to be extra forms in there! Also, now im getting confused about the Affadavit of Support, i will be so glad when this is over and i have a visa in hand!

AOS Visa Journey

28/06/2010 - POE Chicago 28th June 2010

10/09/2010 - Married in ATL, GA

05/10/2010 - Sent AOS Package to USCIS

06/10/2010 - AOS Package received at Chicago Lockbox

14/10/2010 - Email/Text sent from USCIS to say they had received our AOS and NOA1 was in the mail

18/10/2010 - NOA1 Received via Mail

22/10/2010 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/11/2010 - Biometrics Appointment

18/12/2010 - Letter received for interview appointment

21/12/2010 - Received EAD and AP

21/01/2011 - Interview!

AOS APPROVED!

03/25/2011 - Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you

I like the way you think.... :)

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Timeline

Hello fellow VJ'ers... I've read through lots of threads on here, and am finding conflicting information in regards to the AOS.

1.) We haven't yet gotten P3 (waiting on the London Embassy to input that they've received a hard copy of our file.) The electronic transmittal went through last week from NVC to London Embassy. From what I can gather, the links provided on VJ to the K1 packet 3 state that an AOS is needed. They don't, however, specify if an I-134, or an I-864, is needed. We're trying to be proactive, and gather the required documents to send in. So, question is... For the London Embassy, is an I134, or I864 required?

2.) The answer to #1 may shed some light on this one. If an I134 is required, are tax returns required? My income is well above the required 125% of poverty requirement. I'm providing a bank letter with all info required of it listed on I134, a letter from my employer listing my salary, and 3 most recent pay stubs.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help, if I've posted in the wrong forum, please move :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Looking at the link sent in Packet 3 it states that i need to get notarized copies of his or her latest federal income tax return; Does that mean i need to get Patrick to print his tax returns, get them notarized and then send them to me?

Nothing has to be notarized anymore. The I-134 used to have a space for a notary, and tax returns needed to be as well. But here is Nich-Nick answering that very question in August. I followed it, because I had the same question...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ized+tax+return

Hope this helps! Hooray to one small thing actually being easier than it used to be! :dance: :dance:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Timeline
Hello fellow VJ'ers... I've read through lots of threads on here, and am finding conflicting information in regards to the AOS.

1.) We haven't yet gotten P3 (waiting on the London Embassy to input that they've received a hard copy of our file.) The electronic transmittal went through last week from NVC to London Embassy. From what I can gather, the links provided on VJ to the K1 packet 3 state that an AOS is needed. They don't, however, specify if an I-134, or an I-864, is needed. We're trying to be proactive, and gather the required documents to send in. So, question is... For the London Embassy, is an I134, or I864 required?

2.) The answer to #1 may shed some light on this one. If an I134 is required, are tax returns required? My income is well above the required 125% of poverty requirement. I'm providing a bank letter with all info required of it listed on I134, a letter from my employer listing my salary, and 3 most recent pay stubs.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help, if I've posted in the wrong forum, please move :-)

I may be jumping the gun here.. but I did I-134 regards to #2.. I sent last 2 years tax returns, letter from employer and stubs.. plus a letter from my bank showing balances and when acct opened. now that you show that.. im wondering if I should have done a I-864 instead or in addition too :(

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Timeline

Getting tax returns from the IRS, even if it's only one years worth, would be a complete pain in the ... to get. So I'm trying to avoid it if I can. If only the i134 is required, I don't see anywhere on the instructions form that asks for tax returns for someone who is not self employed. I know that it's a requirement for the I864. For some reason, though, everyone who sends i134 includes it, and I can't find any evidence to support that it's required.

Timeline

You do not need the I-864 at the interview stage, that will be sent for the Adjustment of Status. The I-134 is used for the interview. Here is a link to what is to be used to show proof of ability to support. You'll see tax return on there toward the bottom of the page. (FYI, it says it needs to be notarized but it doesn't, you can see that in the last post too.)

I sent my 2008 return and W2, then I got transcripts for 2007 and 2006. You can order tax transcripts over the phone for free through the IRS. They'll send them to you in a week or so. I also sent letter of employment and pay stubs for a couple months.

Here's the list of support evidence link for the embassy site...

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/faffidavit.html

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Packet 4 Received :

502e43ccdf.png

Timeline

Whew! had me worried lol tyty

Timeline

I know what you mean, Wendy. A few moments ago I had a momentary freak out when the notarized tax return question was asked! :lol:

Guess it should come as no surprise that our minds are playing tricks on us at this stage of the game! :blink: So much to remember!!

Best of luck to you as you head toward the finish! (of this part ;) )

Packet 4 Received :

502e43ccdf.png

Timeline

This thing has me scratching my head... The link to the embassy above states:

To substantiate the information regarding income and resources the sponsor should attached two or more of the following items to the affidavit.

notarized copies of his or her latest federal income tax return;

a statement from his or her employer showing salary and the length and permanency of employment;

a statement from an officer of a bank regarding his or her account, the date the account was opened and the present balance;

any other evidence adequate to establish financial ability to carry out his or her undertaking toward the applicant for what might be an indefinite period of time.

So, If I'm providing the bank letter, letter from employer, and almost 2 months in paystubs, would that not be enough, according to the "at least two of the four items" requirement?

Thoughts?

Timeline

Laura00412

The consulate prefers tax transcripts because it shows that you did file your taxes. They have the right to ask for any year (the last 3 years)if they want to. After waiting this long for an interview I am not going to take any chances. Since you can call the IRS and on the automated system request tax transcripts for up to 10 for free why take the chance? .I got mine back in the mail in 2 days. You can also have them fax them to you while on the phone with them as well.The affidavit of support is VERY important at the London Embassy, more so than evidence of a relationship. You are also going to need them when you file the AOS and I-864 so why not go ahead and get them now? I have probably sent way more information than I should have but after being away from my fiance for over 5 months and possibly another 2, I don't want one thing to come up that I have missed....that is just me though...I totally understand where you are coming from and according to the embassy website, you have what they require so you may be good to go...I am just a worrier, well in this process anyway...It will do that to you...There may be some other VJ members that could give better insight that have been through the interview already that I could, I just wanted to share my thoughts...oh! and good luck to everyone...I know that most of us right now are in a holding pattern just waiting and hoping to hear something soon...and I do hope it is soon for all of us!!!

Edited by gmjdmj

Timeline

I know what you mean, Wendy. A few moments ago I had a momentary freak out when the notarized tax return question was asked! :lol:

Guess it should come as no surprise that our minds are playing tricks on us at this stage of the game! :blink: So much to remember!!

Best of luck to you as you head toward the finish! (of this part ;) )

I think my fience is more nervous than me at this time. I know we have to follow processes and I've read before that the UK is one of the easiest embassies to get your visa at. (better than Africa [for example] I assure you)

I agree with gmj on the necessity based on the request for interview forms. Take it all with a deep breath and one step at a time. Anytime you deal with a Government entity, they want paperwork! they want certifications! They want evidence and back up info! Even lawyers miss things, forget details and delay processes. Don't beat your self up over.. just remember. You are further along today than you were yesterday and all good things come to those who wait.

All my VJ buds have done a fabulous job of informing, detailing and carefully following the rules. With all this attention to detail, we prove our selves worthy of the love that awaits us as the reward. Stay strong, healthy and happy!

Edited by Wendy_n_John

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else is tracking along the same timeline, and what the wait between sending packet 3 and receiving an interview is.

We sent our packet 3 on the 13th Oct (got to the embassy on the 14th signed for etc via courier). We rang the DoS today but they say it is still not on their system that we sent Packet 3 back. Is this normal? It has been over 2 weeks now, just starting to get worried.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.