3,045 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Oh thank you tuna.....now I now why my work permit is taking so long.....I did my biometrics 4 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything from them. I'm so frustrated because I got laid off my job because they need it.

Yes, You should call info pass. I filed for I-360, I -485 and EAD. After exactly 90 days of waiting I received my EAD. For some unknown reason I already have my fingerprints taken for I-485 but it is still pending as well as I-360.

Hi all, Congratulations Sonia and Honey. i wish you luck Pascal.

Tuna hang in there, it can't be too long now. I pray you get the acceptance letter soon.

Its heart breaking when you think of what we are all going through...it's just depressing. But we have to encourage one another to stay strong and pray for the best.

It will be 10 years in January since I saw my family last, 10 years of immigration stress. My father passed away, I couldn't even go home for the burial...I have wanted to give up on many occassions and pack my bag and go home, but I can't do that because I have a child with my ex, who has a serious medical condition. My life since I left my ex has been very trying to say the least. 911 calls, countless emergency room visits, Neonatal intensive care, neurologists etc. Its been hell. I have no help, no money, nothing. But I put my hope in God alone. He must have a plan for me, He must, if not why do I have to live like this. I am just existing.

Be strong you guys and never loose faith. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

i have the best wishes for you. let pray together for a speedy approval. there is no question it is really hard to go through all this. I hope lord will give us a justice.

Hello everyone,

I read all the postings so far. Thank you everyone for sharing your information on this portal. It is very helpful. May God bless us and give us the strength to recover from our ordeals.

I filed for VAWA petition and AOS (I-360, I -485, I-765) on Feb 14th, 2011

Receipt notice date - Feb 17th, 2011

Prima Facie determination - Feb 18th, 2011

I know this is still early to expect anything back from USCIS, but I just wanted to provide my information here to see if anyone else has filed their petition around the same time? Thank you.

Feb 18th 2011 - filed I360, I485 and I765

Feb 21st - receipt notice received

Feb 27th - prima facie received

March 18th - letter for biometrics appointment for April 15th

April 15th - biometrics appointment done

May 15th - EAD approved

May 20th - received EAD card

Sept 23rd - RFE received

Dec 14th - RFE response send

Feb 17th 2012 - filed for EAD renewal

Feb 23rd - received an email from USCIS: I360 APPROVED!!!

Feb 23rd - transferred my case to NBC

Feb 24th - receipt notice for EAD renewal

March 7th - RFE issued for EAD

March 13th - RFE response send

March 29th - EAD renewal approved

April 10th - received EAD card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I read all the postings so far. Thank you everyone for sharing your information on this portal. It is very helpful. May God bless us and give us the strength to recover from our ordeals.

I filed for VAWA petition and AOS (I-360, I -485, I-765) on Feb 14th, 2011

Receipt notice date - Feb 17th, 2011

Prima Facie determination - Feb 18th, 2011

I know this is still early to expect anything back from USCIS, but I just wanted to provide my information here to see if anyone else has filed their petition around the same time? Thank you.

Good luck! You should change your name...you are no longer a victim!

May 20, 2008: Green card approved

N-400

February 22, 2011: Sent N-400 VAWA package

February 23, 2011: FedEx package signed for and delivered

March 15, 2011: Email NOA

March 15, 2011: Check cashed

March 17, 2011: Email re: Fingerprint Notice mailed out

March 18, 2011: NOA received (Notice Date 03/14; Priority Date: 02/23)

March 23, 2011: Biometrics notice received for 03/31

March 31, 2011: Biometrics completed

July 5, 2011: Online status: Now scheduled for interview

July 12, 2011: Received interview letter finally!

August 11, 2011: Interview Date (Garden City) - PASSED!!!

August 15, 2011: In line to be scheduled for Oath

August 16, 2011: Oath scheduled, notice sent

August 20, 2011: Oath notice received

September 15, 2011: Oath ceremony @ 8:30 AM

September 17, 20011: Passport application

September 21, 2011: Passport received

hey guys!!!its been almost 10 days since i passed my I360 interview.the IO told me to wait for the decision by mail.the lady was very nice.basically asked me questions on 485 yes/no.total 10 minutes interview.my case status is still the same on the web page,testing and interview((( just wonder how long for the desicion?

Filed: Other Timeline

Filed VAWA on 24th November 2010 received fees waive notice on 29th November 2010 since than my case hasn't been touched. Its been more than 4 months. Can I call or email requesting them to look at my case? If yes than what's the telephone number or email ID?

I am no longer in US and filed VAWA from foreign, though abused occurred in US.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Vetra:

Please share your time-line with us:

1. After how mandy days of VAWA approval you got the 485 interview letter/e-mail????

2. Also, after how many days from the day your case got transfered to NBC they contacted you for interview ????

I will highly appreciate your answer.

And I hope you hear from them soon.

May be you can use info-pass if you dont hear after sometime.

-Sonia

hey guys!!!its been almost 10 days since i passed my I360 interview.the IO told me to wait for the decision by mail.the lady was very nice.basically asked me questions on 485 yes/no.total 10 minutes interview.my case status is still the same on the web page,testing and interview((( just wonder how long for the desicion?

Hello everybody.I read a lot and learn a lot here.I just mail my I-360 but i wasn't really inform when i mailed it.Unfortunately,it seems like my attorney doesn't know a lot about WAVA.I didn't file the I-485 and the I765.Can I file them now? also, I have a pending I 485 with my ex.what will they do about that one? should i need to file another one? I also want to know about how many pages should be our personal statement.I read here that most people wrote 15.I DON'T really know.I included all the details of my abuse but it wasn't up to 15 pages and i'm not even sure that my attorney read them.answer me please!

Hello N400-2011,

After experiencing the traumatic phase, I subconsciously still feel like a victim. And now the next phase is to wait and see what happens with my VAWA. I hope it gets approved. But I agree with you, I should go ahead and change my name...will do that. Thank you.

May 15th - EAD approved

Sept 23rd - RFE received

hello.well my vawa itself got approved in 2 months.but it took me a while to file I485,cause i was in removal proceedings,so i had to wait for thejudge to terminate my deportation.so in about 4 months after filling 485 i had interview))))

Congratulations on your VAWA approval in 2 months! Can you please tell us all the documents that you submitted along with your case?

May 15th - EAD approved

Sept 23rd - RFE received

Hello everybody.I read a lot and learn a lot here.I just mail my I-360 but i wasn't really inform when i mailed it.Unfortunately,it seems like my attorney doesn't know a lot about WAVA.I didn't file the I-485 and the I765.Can I file them now? also, I have a pending I 485 with my ex.what will they do about that one? should i need to file another one? I also want to know about how many pages should be our personal statement.I read here that most people wrote 15.I DON'T really know.I included all the details of my abuse but it wasn't up to 15 pages and i'm not even sure that my attorney read them.answer me please!

I'm not too sure about filing I-485. Maybe you can get some advice from your lawyer. Regarding the personal statement, my statement was around 10 pages with all the details of the abuse. I'm not sure if the number of pages is critical. It is more about the content. If you have explicitly described everything than I think you should be in a good shape. How long is your statement? Good luck!

May 15th - EAD approved

Sept 23rd - RFE received

I'm not too sure about filing I-485. Maybe you can get some advice from your lawyer. Regarding the personal statement, my statement was around 10 pages with all the details of the abuse. I'm not sure if the number of pages is critical. It is more about the content. If you have explicitly described everything than I think you should be in a good shape. How long is your statement? Good luck!

Thanks for your answer.My attorney said that i have to file another I 485 because according to her we can't use the previous one.My statement is about 7 pages.I really hope it will be enough.

police records,hospital records(i lost a baby because of him on a 8 week pregnancy),shelter records,child protective services records,therapist evaluation from a violence center,lots of pics,rent agreements,taxes together,bank statements,childs birth certificate,5 affidatives,including laNDLORD.i really had a lot of evidences.and a very good lawyer.no RFE,just approval in 2 months.

Thanks for your answer.My attorney said that i have to file another I 485 because according to her we can't use the previous one.My statement is about 7 pages.I really hope it will be enough.

Oh ok. Yes, let's hope the best for everyone and keep each other posted of any updates.

police records,hospital records(i lost a baby because of him on a 8 week pregnancy),shelter records,child protective services records,therapist evaluation from a violence center,lots of pics,rent agreements,taxes together,bank statements,childs birth certificate,5 affidatives,including laNDLORD.i really had a lot of evidences.and a very good lawyer.no RFE,just approval in 2 months.

Thank you, Vetra for your quick response. Seems like you submitted all the relevant documents and had a very strong case. It's been 1.5 months that I've submitted my petition. Let's see. I hope it gets approved.

May 15th - EAD approved

Sept 23rd - RFE received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.