3,045 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Hello aLL!!!!! i kno its been quite a while!!!! happy to see things moving.........TO ghanaba!!!!! dont worry about the interview, it was a breeze.....they just ask you whatever is on the i-485,,they cant ask u any questions regarding the abuse you suffered!!! good luck....and yahyah im sure its an approval

Thanks..

Dear All,

I received my NOA 1 for I 485, I 765 and I 131 last week and the fee was waived. I want to wish happy new year 2010 to all of you. I was extremely sick from the past one week. This stress is taking a toll on my health now. I don't know what to do? I just pray to God to give blessings and strength to all of us to come out of this.

dEEply,

Its good to hear you again and you got your NOA for you I-485 and 765.also they waive your fee waiver.

I still didnt get any from Them coz i have a problem about my address post office cant deliver here into my mailing address I dont know what to do so i would be able to recieve mail regarding my case.

Jan 5. 2010 they touched my case to initial review as I said the mail that they sent last its undeliverable.

As this step USCIS check my history background .

I dont know what that means ,ARE THEY GONNA DENIED MY SeLf Petition or something?

Thanks

AShley

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Africa
Timeline
dEEply,

Its good to hear you again and you got your NOA for you I-485 and 765.also they waive your fee waiver.

I still didnt get any from Them coz i have a problem about my address post office cant deliver here into my mailing address I dont know what to do so i would be able to recieve mail regarding my case.

Jan 5. 2010 they touched my case to initial review as I said the mail that they sent last its undeliverable.

As this step USCIS check my history background .

I dont know what that means ,ARE THEY GONNA DENIED MY SeLf Petition or something?

Thanks

AShley

:angry:Hey Ashleyblack,

Why don't you call USCIS customer service or write them and complain about your mailing address / post office saga instead of whining :crying: . If they can't deliver your mail and you don't call them within 30 days it can have severe effect on your case processing, if not been careful denial. If the notice they sent out to you is undeliverable and returned back to them it will be updated that they can't deliver your mail at the address on file and they will tell you that if you don't contact them severe action maybe applied to your case. Don't be panic call them or change your address to where you know they will deliver it with ease. If your case is pending the status update will show that its in Initial review nothing serious about it but if they request more evidence from you it will be updated to Request for evidence. Above it all make a quick action by calling USCIS customer service and resolve your mailing address saga. Thats all I can say about that. Don't be panic take action !!!

VAWA I-360 Timeline

07th Jan, 2009 - I-360 filed

11th Jan, 2009 - Receipt Notice

12th Jan, 2009 - Prima Facie Determination 180 days

09th Nov, 2009 - Extension Of Prima Facie Determination 180 days

25th Jan, 2010 - I-360, I-765 & I-485 Expedite Request Approved

25th Jan, 2010 - I-360 RFE

22nd April, 2010 - RFE Sent

24th April, 2010 - Response To RFE Received Case Processing Resumed

26th & 27th April, 2010 - Touched

04th & 17th June, 2010 - Touched

22nd & 23rd June, 2010 - Approved and Approval Notice Sent

Adjustment Of Status & EAD Timeline

17th Dec, 2009 - I-485 & I-765 Filed Concurrently

29th Dec, 2009 - I-485 & I-765 Receipt Notice

04th Feb, 2010 - I-765 (EAD) APPROVED

12th Feb, 2010 - EAD Card Ordered

22nd June, 2010 - I-485 Transferred to NBC

26th June, 2010 - I-485 & I-765 Touched

01st July, 2010 - I-485 Transferred to USCIS Office

02nd July, 2010 - I-485 Touched

14th July, 2010 - AOS Interview Notice Date

03rd August, 2010 - Early Walk-Ins Biometrics Completed ( Bio Received for 08-26-2010 )

03rd August, 2010 - Touched

18th August, 2010 - Interview Completed- APPROVED

Hi Everybody,

I have been out of pocket, was struggling with some family issues, and threats of my spouse. I need some help - my EAD expires in 4 months time. I was being helped by legal Aid - I had to change states. Now that I am in a different state and my EAD is about to expire - my attorneys would not help me with the renewal.

What forms would I have to fill for renewal and where do I send them - because originally everything in my case was sent to Vermont Service Center with my VAWA packet..

I filed my VAWA in May last year, got EAD within 20 days of filing with a Prima Facie. I haven't heard anything on my petition since then, no rfe's, nothing. I am kind of getting very stressed out because I don't know what to do from here.

Please advice...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Africa
Timeline
Hi Everybody,

I have been out of pocket, was struggling with some family issues, and threats of my spouse. I need some help - my EAD expires in 4 months time. I was being helped by legal Aid - I had to change states. Now that I am in a different state and my EAD is about to expire - my attorneys would not help me with the renewal.

What forms would I have to fill for renewal and where do I send them - because originally everything in my case was sent to Vermont Service Center with my VAWA packet..

I filed my VAWA in May last year, got EAD within 20 days of filing with a Prima Facie. I haven't heard anything on my petition since then, no rfe's, nothing. I am kind of getting very stressed out because I don't know what to do from here.

Please advice...

Hey Gina12,

Sorry to hear that and sorry to be in this situation, my case is similar to yours, we are here to assist and console one another. First of all did you change your address to the new address you at right now, should in case they ( USCIS or Vermont Service Center ) want to sent something to you. And secondly if your EAD is related with VAWA packet that you sent i.e ( I-360, I-485 and I-765 hopefully I-131 ) and your EAD is about to expire all you have to do is to file for EAD I-765 renewal form, follow the renewal procedure/instructions and file it ASAP they should renew it for you and if you can't pay the filing fee, request for fee waiver. I think you can file it to Vermont. You should be fine if you change your address, you can move to anywhere in the USA provided you notify USCIS/Vermont of your new address. Pertaining to your I-360 petition write them and request for the status of your case and for action on your case as well. Is your Prima Facie still valid if not also request for your Prima Facie Determination Renewal/Extension. Legal Aid folks should be able to help you better. Take action and Good Luck !

VAWA I-360 Timeline

07th Jan, 2009 - I-360 filed

11th Jan, 2009 - Receipt Notice

12th Jan, 2009 - Prima Facie Determination 180 days

09th Nov, 2009 - Extension Of Prima Facie Determination 180 days

25th Jan, 2010 - I-360, I-765 & I-485 Expedite Request Approved

25th Jan, 2010 - I-360 RFE

22nd April, 2010 - RFE Sent

24th April, 2010 - Response To RFE Received Case Processing Resumed

26th & 27th April, 2010 - Touched

04th & 17th June, 2010 - Touched

22nd & 23rd June, 2010 - Approved and Approval Notice Sent

Adjustment Of Status & EAD Timeline

17th Dec, 2009 - I-485 & I-765 Filed Concurrently

29th Dec, 2009 - I-485 & I-765 Receipt Notice

04th Feb, 2010 - I-765 (EAD) APPROVED

12th Feb, 2010 - EAD Card Ordered

22nd June, 2010 - I-485 Transferred to NBC

26th June, 2010 - I-485 & I-765 Touched

01st July, 2010 - I-485 Transferred to USCIS Office

02nd July, 2010 - I-485 Touched

14th July, 2010 - AOS Interview Notice Date

03rd August, 2010 - Early Walk-Ins Biometrics Completed ( Bio Received for 08-26-2010 )

03rd August, 2010 - Touched

18th August, 2010 - Interview Completed- APPROVED

:angry:Hey Ashleyblack,

Why don't you call USCIS customer service or write them and complain about your mailing address / post office saga instead of whining :crying: . If they can't deliver your mail and you don't call them within 30 days it can have severe effect on your case processing, if not been careful denial. If the notice they sent out to you is undeliverable and returned back to them it will be updated that they can't deliver your mail at the address on file and they will tell you that if you don't contact them severe action maybe applied to your case. Don't be panic call them or change your address to where you know they will deliver it with ease. If your case is pending the status update will show that its in Initial review nothing serious about it but if they request more evidence from you it will be updated to Request for evidence. Above it all make a quick action by calling USCIS customer service and resolve your mailing address saga. Thats all I can say about that. Don't be panic take action !!!

Thank you VIc,

I think its possible to Open a P.O box coz everything time somebody sent email for me it wont through my address.

I will contact USCIS monday again...

Now past day 50 this week after sending in RFE back in early Nov 2009.

I-360 Time Line

May 2008 - 1st attorney filed I-360

August 2008 - 2nd attorney re-filed I-360 after no response of file from first

2008 PFD - 2 received extensions

2009 PFD - 3 extensions

November 2009 - RFE received and sent back first week.

November 2009 - 2nd week USCIS letter stating 60 days to make decision.

January - 2010 - received 60 day extension

February - 2010- APPROVED I-360

Good luck on your interview tomorrow Bubbles, let us know how it go. I am praying for you and I'm so excited for you.

N-400 Naturalization

04th Dec, 2012 - N-400 filed

12th Dec, 2012 - NOA Received

14th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Letter Received

26th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Completed

11th Jan, 2013 - Placed inline for Interview

07th Mar, 2013 - Scheduled for interview

16th Apr, 2013 - Interview Date

16th Apr, 2013- US Citizen (End of USCIS Journey)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

hey'UKRUSA'

sorry to hear that im trully hope that you get approvel soon i now how painfull waiting is special when is out of the processing time . you start thinking that somthing wrong with your case

im pray every day that my case will be approve on time and to all of us wait approvel victorya . 3bvsl.ukrusa ashly and deeplyhurt.kember

and Bubbles are you ready for your interview i hop that go will for you

lostin . how you feel the 25th it will be her in no time good luck to you too

everything that happening at this moment is a RESULT of the CHOICE you ve made in the past...

Good luck on your interview tomorrow Bubbles, let us know how it go. I am praying for you and I'm so excited for you.

Thank you Lost, Yahya and everyone here, the interview ran smoothly, it did not even take 10 minutes. I was sworn in first, then the officer asked me basic questions, e.g. my name, current address. Asked for a copy of my birth certificate, added it to my file. She said if I have a copy of my USC husband's birth certificate, I showed it to her, she looked at it but did not take it or asked for a copy. Then she said, "I believe, everything is in order, you should expect your GC in 2-3 weeks."

I truly believe that your prayers, advice and support helped me throughout this whole process, I can never thank you enough. I promise, I will never forget you and I will include all of you in my prayers.

If I could be of any help, please let me know.

Ghanaba, how did your interview go? I'm sure you have good news for us as well.

LostinNJ, the 25th is coming up fast, I wish you all the best.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: congrats bubbles, its finally over :dance::dance::dance::dance: I'm so happy for you and I'm happy that everything went well... Well I'm a bit nervous since you said they asked for a copy of your USC birth certificate because I don't have a copy of my USC BC. I'm very nervous about that now and I don't know what to do.

N-400 Naturalization

04th Dec, 2012 - N-400 filed

12th Dec, 2012 - NOA Received

14th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Letter Received

26th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Completed

11th Jan, 2013 - Placed inline for Interview

07th Mar, 2013 - Scheduled for interview

16th Apr, 2013 - Interview Date

16th Apr, 2013- US Citizen (End of USCIS Journey)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Ok,

I've just received a letter from USCIS, it says

"on 12/30/2009 you, or the designated representative, contacted us about your case."

and "please send your inquiry in written form with the original signature of the inquirer"

I guess that what my case touches were about. My lawyer is actually working :)

No touches since then.

I-360 VAWA:

November 1 2008 filed.

November 21 2008 NOA1

November 25 2008 RFE #1 received [good faith + good moral character].

January 7 2009 RFE #1 sent back.

June 9 2009 received a letter "Response to RFE #1 received on JANUARY 13, and case processing has resumed"

August 17 2009 RFE #2 [good faith].

October 27 2009 RFE #2 sent out.

October 28 2009 Response to RFE #2 received, and case processing has resumed

October 29 2009 touched

December 30 2009 touched

December 31 2009 touched

February 8, 2010, APPROVED.

September 4, 2010 touched.

AOS:

March 18 2010 I-485 filed to VSC with a fee waiver.

March 22 2010 I-485 received.

April 13 2010 NOA1 with a "fee previously collected"

April 16 2010 touched. Biometrics appointment sent.

April 30 2010 Biometrics appointment date.

May 3 2010 Late biometrics done.

May 4 2010 touched.

June 26 2010 touched.

September 22 2010 case transferred to NBC.

September 23 2010 touched.

October 5 2010 case is transferred to USCIS office.

October 6 2010 touched.

October 8 2010 touched.

October 20 2010 touched. Interview notice date.

October 21 2010 touched.

October 22 2010 touched.

November 29 2010 interview date. Approved.

December 2 2010. Card production ordered.

Congratulations Bubbles, God bless you my dear, its finally over!!!! I am praying i will get through soon. How long did ur I360 take to approve???

Filed Vawa(I360), I485, I131, I765: November 30, 2009

Receipts recieved: Dec 2, 2009

Recieved Prima Facie: December 8,2009

I360 Touched: December 9, 2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.