3,045 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Probably it's for your biometrics app....

You know my friend.... I was told by my lawyer that in some cases (that's what he said) he had some cases that battered spouses/petioners are not called in to go to the interview and receive their GC in the mail... ONCE AGAIN, he told me that few weeks ago.... just FYI

Good Morning LostinNJ :star: !!! What a great news :dance: !!!!!!!!! You're going to receive a notice scheduling your AOS interview from your local office and probably you won't see any other updates from uscis website (until you go to the interview), because when aplications are transfered and processed by local offices most of the times updates don't show up in their website!. So now, you need looking for a written notification in your mailbox or your attorney's for your interview in order to continue your AOS process :thumbs: GREAT NEWS MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M VERY HAPPY 4 YOU :dance:

PS: By the way, no news from my end.....

Let me give a little more light on the situation. What I wrote before, that's what it says on the website. I just checked my email and it says "Receipt Number: EACXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office.

Thank you, I still haven't received letter to do biometrics. So maybe that is coming next. I just want this to be over with. Anyways EWTN hopefully we will have some good news on your end this week.

You know my friend.... I was told by my lawyer that in some cases (that's what he said) he had some cases that battered spouses/petioners are not called in to go to the interview and receive their GC in the mail... ONCE AGAIN, he told me that few weeks ago.... just FYI

It's funny that you mention that, I was actually reading up about that this morning, I read some applicants received their GC in the mail without an interview. We will see what happens, I'm sure I will be interviewed.

N-400 Naturalization

04th Dec, 2012 - N-400 filed

12th Dec, 2012 - NOA Received

14th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Letter Received

26th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Completed

11th Jan, 2013 - Placed inline for Interview

07th Mar, 2013 - Scheduled for interview

16th Apr, 2013 - Interview Date

16th Apr, 2013- US Citizen (End of USCIS Journey)

I-360 process simply adds to the cruelty of the victims of violence.

I am walking this I-360 journey with someone very special and close to me. Over the past 15 months I am now a huge advocate for change in the US immigration but even more so in the I-360 VAWA cases. To sum it all up the USCIS does not follow any laws in place to process these cases. They do what they want when they want. I do also agree that many attorneys file I-360 cases with no chance of being approved simply grasping at straws and to collect money from a victim. I believe if an I-360 VAWA is filed it should be processed in a matter of 30-60 days if it is a valid case. If no evidence of the criteria are provided in the first filing then longer process would then be merited. BUT NOT WHEN ALL DATA ASKED FOR IS PRESENTED. A simple interview would be needed to process legitimate I360 filling at a federal building for example with all papers and documents granted or ordered with in days.

I have followed the site very closely while on this journey. I am amazed and find strength to pass along because of the love and friendship I read here. At time she is very down and I pass along success stories to keep her spirits up. We have made numerous trips to the congressman office also with all of their support. It is my observation they call a number in Washington D.C. to an liaison of the USCIS who simply tells them the same thing we lookup on line. They do not have any effect on a case.

In my friends case, she was told her papers were filed in April of 08. Truth is the attorney filled out the papers but never filled. I helped her get them filled in July of 08. Three extensions later nothing but "its in the work flow". No touches her file since last extension and she is now well within the window.

Frustrated, angry, letdown and bewildered at this process are a few words that come to mind.

This is an obvious VAWA abuse case. She had all of her documents granted by the USCIS then taken away within one week by her ex-huband and destroyed. She can not work now for almost 2 years. No income ( we help her). No travel. No government help of any kind. She wants to work. She has advanced recognized degrees. Keep in mind she still has a few months after her !-360 to get a work permit since they could not be filed concurrently at that time per USCIS (which was BS). Passport can not be renewed until I-360 processed per Consulate.

USCIS..... 15 months and counting.....No accountability.

I can't wait till this case concludes. I will be speaking out LOUDLY on I-360 VAWA and against the cruelty the USCIS puts onto these cases. How would anyone who "processes" these cases so slowly if they had a friend or family member subjected to such a stone aged process of dealing with people stuck with no where to go.

I feel better now after venting!!

OK new update...

Had 2 touches last week! On Sunday got an email message from USCIS saying a letter was sent requesting more info. Can't imagine what else they are looking/asking for since she provided overwhelming evidence and info to them 15 months ago. Anyone have a clue what they will be asking for? Just want to have the items ready to mail ASAP.

I-360 Time Line

May 2008 - 1st attorney filed I-360

August 2008 - 2nd attorney re-filed I-360 after no response of file from first

2008 PFD - 2 received extensions

2009 PFD - 3 extensions

November 2009 - RFE received and sent back first week.

November 2009 - 2nd week USCIS letter stating 60 days to make decision.

January - 2010 - received 60 day extension

February - 2010- APPROVED I-360

OK new update...

Had 2 touches last week! On Sunday got an email message from USCIS saying a letter was sent requesting more info. Can't imagine what else they are looking/asking for since she provided overwhelming evidence and info to them 15 months ago. Anyone have a clue what they will be asking for? Just want to have the items ready to mail ASAP.

For some reason they usually request either police clearance or good faith marriage or both. Sometimes they request more documentation for evidence of the abuse.

N-400 Naturalization

For some reason they usually request either police clearance or good faith marriage or both. Sometimes they request more documentation for evidence of the abuse.

Thanks for the ideas but I double checked a few items that were sent to USCIS originally.

Police Clearance - Provided to them but maybe want an update?

Good Faith marriage - Provided very detailed and documents.

Evidence of abuse - Included photos.

Of course we won't know for sure until the paper shows up. Strange how the don't provide in the email ! ?

I hope this is then processed quickly after sending these items back.

I-360 Time Line

May 2008 - 1st attorney filed I-360

August 2008 - 2nd attorney re-filed I-360 after no response of file from first

2008 PFD - 2 received extensions

2009 PFD - 3 extensions

November 2009 - RFE received and sent back first week.

November 2009 - 2nd week USCIS letter stating 60 days to make decision.

January - 2010 - received 60 day extension

February - 2010- APPROVED I-360

THANK YOU NIAGARA (F) !!! I hope so too!!!! That was so sweet of you :thumbs: My last touch / update in my case was on August 12 this year when I requested an extension of prima facie... since then NOTHING ELSE HAS CHANGED :unsure:

EWTN2009, i hope you get approved this week!!!!!
Edited by EWTN2009

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for the ideas but I double checked a few items that were sent to USCIS originally.

Police Clearance - Provided to them but maybe want an update?

Good Faith marriage - Provided very detailed and documents.

Evidence of abuse - Included photos.

Of course we won't know for sure until the paper shows up. Strange how the don't provide in the email ! ?

I hope this is then processed quickly after sending these items back.

Dear UKRUSA,

Wait for the RFE and send the requried documents and also send a letter which say about your friend's all the problem right from the beginning. Sure they will approve your friend's case.

Edited by Honest

Timeline

It's funny that you mention that, I was actually reading up about that this morning, I read some applicants received their GC in the mail without an interview. We will see what happens, I'm sure I will be interviewed.

Dear lostinNJ,

Advance CONGRAGULATIONS for your Interview or to get the GC without Interview.

Things are moving faster after the I -360 Approval and I am happy to hear about it.

Thanks a lot for sharing the information.

Hello everyone, hope u guys had a splended weekend. Here's the situation. After my I-360 was approved, the I-485 was transferred to the NBC to process, the status on USCIS web site was at testing and interview. This morning the status was updated again, it's now back to Initial Review, and the update says "The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you." Does this mean it was transferred to my local office? Does anyone know? Bubbles did this happen to you after yoour I-360 was approved? Or is your I-485 still at NBC?

Hi there, I believe it's the same with my case, only they specified where, MO, is that Missouri? I'm being optimistic, I truly hope, they will soon give us an interview date or biometrics and what not.

Special shout out to EWTN, you know we are all rooting for you. And to those who are just starting their journey, Good luck and always remember, we are here.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

hello every one ..... in one week it will be 12 month since i file my i360 last updat it was 8\15 this year when i send requst for updat they never send me any thing

i thing my pitition collect dust in vermont ...they never send me 2nd prima facie is that normal

everything that happening at this moment is a RESULT of the CHOICE you ve made in the past...

Timeline
hello every one ..... in one week it will be 12 month since i file my i360 last updat it was 8\15 this year when i send requst for updat they never send me any thing

i thing my pitition collect dust in vermont ...they never send me 2nd prima facie is that normal

Dear Yahya54,

In couple of weeks, they will touch your case and send you the approval. Wish you all the BEST :)

Edited by Honest

Timeline

Dear Friends,

Finally My EAD got approved.

I have to get a job, save money for GC. Just feel like sharing the news with all of you. :)

Post-Decision Activity

On October 26, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Edited by Honest

Dear Friends,

Finally My EAD got approved.

I have to get a job, save money for GC. Just feel like sharing the news with all of you. :)

Post-Decision Activity

On October 26, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Congrats Honest, u should receive your EAD this week or early next week. Bubbles, my case was in MO at NBC but it was transferred today to another office, they didn't say where. I'm guessing the local office here in NJ, I can't see where else it could be transferred to. EWTN I will try to locate that link for you and send it.

N-400 Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.