3,045 posts in this topic

So if someone could shed some light, as I said yesterday, my case was updated on 07-01-2009 and I was sent request for evidence, so I logged into CRIS today and saw it was again updated today, but didn't say why it was updated, any ideas as to why they would touch my file again today after sending RFE yesterday?

N-400 Naturalization

04th Dec, 2012 - N-400 filed

12th Dec, 2012 - NOA Received

14th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Letter Received

26th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Completed

11th Jan, 2013 - Placed inline for Interview

07th Mar, 2013 - Scheduled for interview

16th Apr, 2013 - Interview Date

16th Apr, 2013- US Citizen (End of USCIS Journey)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

as far i know you cant apply for EAD tell i 360 approve? right or not

that good news lostnn that men ther working on your case

everything that happening at this moment is a RESULT of the CHOICE you ve made in the past...

as far i know you cant apply for EAD tell i 360 approve? right or not

that good news lostnn that men ther working on your case

hi yahya, my i-360 is still pending but i applied in march for ead and i got the card in june, although it's only good for 1 year. i'm hoping i'll get approved before it expires next year.

good luck!

Filed: Other Timeline
i getting more and more frustrated as time goes by i filed 360 May 08 and still no touch up to now.. i don't know im hoping for the best since i've been gone thru a lot of sorrow because of this.

my prima facie will expired july 6

My lawyer is just making good money of my case ):

while waiting for i-360 "approval" one can apply for adj of status [aos i-485] and employment card [ead i-765]. did you do that? talk to your lawyer, i'm almost positive you can, that's what i did. i sent the applications in mar of this year and i received my ead in june. actually, i got the information from all my research, then i let the lawyer do the paper work, all i did was sign. you should be able to get your money's worth from your lawyer. when you have the ead, you won't need the prima facie, i think. good luck and God Bless.

In my case, i dont know if my Lawyer is to blame but i already applied for EAD twice and 'twas twice denied also, so that's $340 X 2 plus the uber high lawyers fee, i might do that by myself but as of now i dont have that much to pay for those.. because im also paying my lawyer to go with me every court hearing i have because im in Removal Proceeding..

@EWTN2009 thank you somehow this lighten the burden that your not alone sailing on this boat... i hope everyone of us will be approved we are all worth it after all that we've been thru

Did u file your EAD with I-485? U have to file it with I-485 or it will be denied, u said you payed $340 twice, once you file I-485 u don't need to pay the $340 for EAD so I'm assuming you didn't file I-485

unfortunately, i don't remember he did file I-485 together with my EAD... but i used to have EAD i just filed for the renewal, i got my EAD back when my ex filed adjustment of status and i got my 1st EAD while it was pending, but it was only valid for a year, so now that i have a pending 360 my renewal was denied twice.

LostNJ did you have EAD before you filed your vawa? and just renew it? beacuse if that's the case my lawyer is well! i dont know what to say im on my 2nd lawyer now.. ugh!

i getting more and more frustrated as time goes by i filed 360 May 08 and still no touch up to now.. i don't know im hoping for the best since i've been gone thru a lot of sorrow because of this.

while waiting for i-360 "approval" one can apply for adj of status [aos i-485] and employment card [ead i-765]. did you do that? talk to your lawyer, i'm almost positive you can, that's what i did. i sent the applications in mar of this year and i received my ead in june. actually, i got the information from all my research, then i let the lawyer do the paper work, all i did was sign. you should be able to get your money's worth from your lawyer. when you have the ead, you won't need the prima facie, i think. good luck and God Bless.

In my case, i dont know if my Lawyer is to blame but i already applied for EAD twice and 'twas twice denied also, so that's $340 X 2 plus the uber high lawyers fee, i might do that by myself but as of now i dont have that much to pay for those.. because im also paying my lawyer to go with me every court hearing i have because im in Removal Proceeding..

@EWTN2009 thank you somehow this lighten the burden that your not alone sailing on this boat... i hope everyone of us will be approved we are all worth it after all that we've been thru

Did u file your EAD with I-485? U have to file it with I-485 or it will be denied, u said you payed $340 twice, once you file I-485 u don't need to pay the $340 for EAD so I'm assuming you didn't file I-485

unfortunately, i don't remember he did file I-485 together with my EAD... but i used to have EAD i just filed for the renewal, i got my EAD back when my ex filed adjustment of status and i got my 1st EAD while it was pending, but it was only valid for a year, so now that i have a pending 360 my renewal was denied twice.

LostNJ did you have EAD before you filed your vawa? and just renew it? beacuse if that's the case my lawyer is well! i dont know what to say im on my 2nd lawyer now.. ugh!

This will be my first time filing for EAD and I-485

N-400 Naturalization

OMG, Now I'm scared. I had EAD before I filed VAWA valid for one year. I filed I-360 together with I-485 and I-765 on March 2008, and got my EAD pproved on July 2008 (wich it's going to expire on October 2009) that's why a month ago I filed for my EAD renewal but I haven't heard anything since then and my case has not been touched. I'm scared that it's going to be denied like yours..........And I'm also in removal of proceeding and gotta go to the court next month.......... Ouch, what is it too complicated?

So if someone could shed some light, as I said yesterday, my case was updated on 07-01-2009 and I was sent request for evidence, so I logged into CRIS today and saw it was again updated today, but didn't say why it was updated, any ideas as to why they would touch my file again today after sending RFE yesterday?

LostinNJ there is nothing to be concerned about. I have read few postings of people that their cases have been touched one day and next day too. It seems like everytime they send you a notice/letter/etc they scan the bar code of your letter even when it goes to one desk to other. So problably that it is what it happened to you. In my case, CRIS showed a date changed on april 1st and next day (april 2nd) date changed again without updating any status. So, when I finally got the prima facie letter I found out that it was made on april 1st and mailed out on april 2nd, that's why they scanned twice the bar code and CRIS showed like your and my case were touched twice.

Hi,

I have read alot lot about vawa, I got aproved last march, (after 13 months) about the EAD I believe that when the vawa is pending you are also eligible for an Employment Authorization Card. To apply, USCIS Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) should be filed with the Vermont Service Center. Applicants should indicate that they are seeking employment authorization pursuant to 8 CFR 274a.12 ------> option c(14) and you should write a letter explaining your situation and the you need to work (don't forget the letter)

also:

When you got your vawa approved and you are or were married with a Permanent Resident and you need to wait for an immigrant visa number and file the AOS you are placed in deferred action are also eligible for an Employment Authorization Card. To apply, USCIS Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) should be filed with the Vermont Service Center. Applicants should indicate that they are seeking employment authorization pursuant to 8 CFR 274a.12 ------> option c(14)

third:

When you got your vawa approved Self-petitioners who qualify as immediate relatives of U.S. citizens (spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21) do not have to wait for an immigrant visa number to become available. you can send your AOS to Chicago and you need to file:

I-485

G-325A

I-864W

I-765 EAD ------> option C(9) Medical Exam

So, if your VAWA is pending sent your EAD request to Vermont option c(14) (letter)

if your vawa is approved send your EAD request to Chicago option c(9)

I believe that If you had an EAD because you file an adjustement of status before end it was cancel, don't try to renew that one, try to get an EAD base on your pending VAWA to VERMONT option C(14)

Best wishes for you all!! please don't give up and BE STRONG!!! (F)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Joanne28, congratulation! :) Now you can move on with your life. :dance:

I don't believe processing time anymore. I wonder why one case approved in one year within processing time and another one taking more then 15 months. For the last days i feel like i can't handle it anymore. I want already hear yes or no. If they denied my case then i will need hired an attorney so i can take my child home with me. I don't think his father can do anything because he is in prison now and has charges with child sexual abuse. I hope i can take my child with me, this is my biggest consern.

Niagara,

Maybe my case is different, I have an approved I-130 when I was with my ex-husband, and my attorney send a letter to USCIS saying that my priority date should be current since my I-130 is approved since 2006.

I'm sorry for what you're going through and your child, but don't give up. Contact the Catholic Legal Charities in your state and they will help you. Be strong for your child and you can make it through.

Sept. 2004 - Met my now ex-husband

Oct. 2005 - Got married

June 2006 - I-130 approved

Aug. 2006 - Hubby became very abusive, alcoholic/drug addict, completely different person

- Went to the shelter, husband went to jail for DV

Oct. 2006 - Husband bail out, went to counselling and beg me to come back.

Nov, 2006 - I came back and started our life together. Husband change and treated me great.

Aug. 2007 - Husband started to drink a lot again and I found out he's abusing drugs again.

- We were ready to submit my I-485, paid the lawyer and then my husband wants to get my money back from the attorney so he can buy drugs.

Nov. 2007 - I left him and tried to survive on my own, working different jobs. My previous attorney gave me an idea about I-360

June 2008 - Finally saved some money to file for I-360

- A week after got a prima facie

Oct. 2008 - my attorney only filed for I-360 and I-765

- I-765 got denied since it should have been filed concurrently with I-485

Dec 2008 - Got an extension of Prima facie.

Apr 2009 - Finally got in contact with Catholic Charities in Miami (Heaven sent!) and they helped me submit my I-485 and I-765

May 2009 - EAD approved, got SSN

June 2009 - Biometrics done

August 18 2009- PASSED!!! Passport stamped!!!! it was just a 10mins interview....whew! the biggest journey is over...

Filed: Timeline

My I-130 was approved in 2004. I had interview in 2006 which supposed to be approved but i stuck on FBI name check. In May of 2008 they sent me letter NOID my I-485 because my ex husband had charges against minor. They wanted denied it because of Adam Walsh Law. This is when i find out about my husband "double life" and file for VAWA.

EWTN2009, they denied my EAD also. But if you filed your VAWA together with I-485 i think yours will be approved.

Thanks Niagara for your comments, it gave me some relief... I'll keep you posted....Thanks again.... :thumbs:

Hi everyone, I might have to move to Florida in a couple of months, does anyone know if there's going to be a problem with regards to my pending i-360? I'm asking you before my lawyer, she might charge me for consultation and besides people here seem to know more than her. Thanks in advance.

EWTN2009, they denied my EAD also. But if you filed your VAWA together with I-485 i think yours will be approved.

Thanks Niagara for your comments, it gave me some relief... I'll keep you posted....Thanks again.... :thumbs:

Hi everyone, I might have to move to Florida in a couple of months, does anyone know if there's going to be a problem with regards to my pending i-360? I'm asking you before my lawyer, she might charge me for consultation and besides people here seem to know more than her. Thanks in advance.

No problems, you just need to change your address with USCIS, however, if everything from UCIS goes directly to your attorney, chances are they will continue to be delivered to your attorney's office.

N-400 Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.