Azhar

I-130 for K-3 visa question

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi all,

I'm about to send I-130 petition to USCIS for my wife and will appreciate your time if you can be of help. I've included in the petition:

1- I-130 filled out form

2- Two filled out G-325a forms, one for me and one for her with our photos attached to respective forms

3- Payment $190

4- Supporting documents: My naturalization certificate copy, My USA passport copy (all pages), Marriage certificate

My questions are:

1- Do I need send our wedding photos too? At what point I send in my wedding photos?

2- The Guide on this site has a procedure list and mentions filing I-259 after NOA1 of I-130. What is "NOA1"? Does it stand for Notice of Approval? Are there multiple NOAs that it has 1 to it?

Thanks in advance.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

1) No - do not send the wedding photos. That comes much later. Only send the passport-style photos required.

2) Yes, NOA stands for Notice of Action. NOA1 is the first one that's just a receipt. It says they got your app, now they'll process it. The NOA2 is the one where you get your decision (hopefully approval!). I'm not sure where you got the I-259... I don't see that referenced in either the IR1/CR1 guide nor the K3 guide. Further, according to the USCIS forms page, that form doesn't exist. Do you mean the I-129F? If so, yes, you file that after you receive your NOA1 on your I-130. You file that form with a copy of the NOA1 to show that you've already filed the I-130 since the K3 is an extension or a parallel process to that.

Hope this helps! ttyl,

mich

Hi all,

I'm about to send I-130 petition to USCIS for my wife and will appreciate your time if you can be of help. I've included in the petition:

1- I-130 filled out form

2- Two filled out G-325a forms, one for me and one for her with our photos attached to respective forms

3- Payment $190

4- Supporting documents: My naturalization certificate copy, My USA passport copy (all pages), Marriage certificate

My questions are:

1- Do I need send our wedding photos too? At what point I send in my wedding photos?

2- The Guide on this site has a procedure list and mentions filing I-259 after NOA1 of I-130. What is "NOA1"? Does it stand for Notice of Approval? Are there multiple NOAs that it has 1 to it?

Thanks in advance.

Let me show you how to get your tax returns the easy way

aussiewench's thread for kicking butt in the NVC ('cause i'm too lazy to keep looking it up - haha)

Our DS-3032 email to the NVC

02 Jan 2006 - Married

...----===::: CR-1 :::===---...

22 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

14 Jul 2006 - DS-230 Package Received by USC

We stopped pursuit of CR-1 to pursue K3/AOS. For us, both required the same document, we could only have one valid copy, and the K3 was moving faster.

See profile for the details up to and in between the events listed here.

...---===::: K3 :::===---...

17 May 2006 - Date NVC says petition shipped to embassy

18 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

01 Jul 2006 - Packet "3" received from embassy

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

21 Sept 2006 - K3 Interview Date (APPROVED)

27 Sept 2006 - Received Visa

06 Oct 2006 - Arrives in the USA! Finally home together. :)

(Truncated timeline - sig too long. See profile for all details.)

yes...what mich said is correct!

Good luck and keep us updated!

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gif3dflagsdotcom_colom_2fawl.gif

Our History

08/01/05 - The first day of our New Relationship!

10/27/05 - Six days in Barranquilla with my Novia.

01/27/06 - A week-long vacation in Cartagena with my Novia.

03/30/06 - Five days in Barranquilla, got Engaged!

05/20/06 - Vacation and Civil Wedding in Barranquilla... Newlyweds!!!!

08/02/06 - Upcoming week in Barranquilla with my Love!

CR-1 Process (I-130)

05/30/06 - I-130 sent to USCIS Texas Service Center

06/02/06 - I-130 received by USCIS Texas Service Center

06/22/06 - NOA1 notice date

06/26/06 - NOA1 received, Check was cashed, Touched

06/27/06 - Touched

K3 Process (I-129F Spouse)

06/26/06 - I-129F sent to USCIS Chicago

06/27/06 - I-129F received by USCIS Chicago

07/??/06 - Uhhh...where is that darn NOA1?

Filed: Other Timeline

I just wanted to add that I think you're supposed to have 4 copies each of the G325A

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, not quite.

You send two G-325As, one for the petitioner (you) and one (your wife) for the beneficiary.

To be clear, each of these forms has 4 identical pages, so you'll just send all four pages of each G-325A form (one form for husband, one form for wife), totalling 8 pages' (4 pages for husband, 4 pages for wife) worth of G-325A material in your petition. You will not send four copies of each G-325A, which would then be 32 pages (16 for husband, 16 for wife). I'm sure Reba meant it the way I explained here, but the way she said it might be confusing to some. :whistle:;) ttyl,

mich

I just wanted to add that I think you're supposed to have 4 copies each of the G325A

Let me show you how to get your tax returns the easy way

aussiewench's thread for kicking butt in the NVC ('cause i'm too lazy to keep looking it up - haha)

Our DS-3032 email to the NVC

02 Jan 2006 - Married

...----===::: CR-1 :::===---...

22 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

14 Jul 2006 - DS-230 Package Received by USC

We stopped pursuit of CR-1 to pursue K3/AOS. For us, both required the same document, we could only have one valid copy, and the K3 was moving faster.

See profile for the details up to and in between the events listed here.

...---===::: K3 :::===---...

17 May 2006 - Date NVC says petition shipped to embassy

18 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

01 Jul 2006 - Packet "3" received from embassy

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

21 Sept 2006 - K3 Interview Date (APPROVED)

27 Sept 2006 - Received Visa

06 Oct 2006 - Arrives in the USA! Finally home together. :)

(Truncated timeline - sig too long. See profile for all details.)

Timeline

Thanks, Mich, and all.

I'm sorry, I meant I-129F not I-259 :) I did get a little confused by four identical pages of G-325A but then read the guide here and it helped to understand that 4 pages per G-325A :) I'll keep you posted :)

Well, not quite.

You send two G-325As, one for the petitioner (you) and one (your wife) for the beneficiary.

To be clear, each of these forms has 4 identical pages, so you'll just send all four pages of each G-325A form (one form for husband, one form for wife), totalling 8 pages' (4 pages for husband, 4 pages for wife) worth of G-325A material in your petition. You will not send four copies of each G-325A, which would then be 32 pages (16 for husband, 16 for wife). I'm sure Reba meant it the way I explained here, but the way she said it might be confusing to some. :whistle:;) ttyl,

mich

Hi all,

1- I-130 filled out form

3- Payment $190

My questions are:

Thanks in advance.

Azhar,

Mich answered well. I just want to comment on few things:

2- Make sure you sign and date your G-325A (all 4 pages) and your wife does the same for her G-325A. Write your name down on the back of your passport size photo with your alien registration number. Do the same on the back of you wife's photo. If she does not have any alien registration number, just write her name down.

3- If you are sending a photocopy of your naturalization certificate for the proof of your US citizenship, you don't need to send your US passport pages' photocopy.

The US Embassy/Consulate will ask for wedding photos during your wife's interview. Save all pictures for that event.

Hope you have enough information to submit I-130 now. Make sure, you sign and date I-130.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi all,

Today I received I-797C, NOC1 from USCIS for the I-130 I sent last week. We are in a process now to file I-129F. However, I've a question about the file # field that appears on G-325A that we both are going to file individually. There is a receip# on NOC1 that starts with EAC. I've couple of questions regarding this:

1- Should I use this receipt# for the file# field for my G-325A or should I continue to use my alien # (A#)?

2- Should my wife use this EAC# for her G-325A or should she leave that field blank on her G-325A?

Any help/info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Pyare bhai Azhar;

File number has an "A" on it so thats the A number, no file number. Just use your A number on your G325-A and on your wife's G325-A write "None". You have sent all required documents with your I-130 dont worry INSHA ALLAH you will be fine. Hey where you live in DC? I live nearby, may be you can come over to me and see how i filled out my forms. send your phone number if ineterested.

Good Luck.

Timeline

separate_lovers,

Thanks for the reply. I've sent you a pm.

Pyare bhai Azhar;

File number has an "A" on it so thats the A number, no file number. Just use your A number on your G325-A and on your wife's G325-A write "None". You have sent all required documents with your I-130 dont worry INSHA ALLAH you will be fine. Hey where you live in DC? I live nearby, may be you can come over to me and see how i filled out my forms. send your phone number if ineterested.

Good Luck.

Hi all,

Today I received I-797C, NOC1 from USCIS for the I-130 I sent last week. We are in a process now to file I-129F. However, I've a question about the file # field that appears on G-325A that we both are going to file individually. There is a receip# on NOC1 that starts with EAC. I've couple of questions regarding this:

1- Should I use this receipt# for the file# field for my G-325A or should I continue to use my alien # (A#)?

2- Should my wife use this EAC# for her G-325A or should she leave that field blank on her G-325A?

Any help/info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Answers:

1. Continue using your alien number.

2. Write "NONE." Do not write any EAC #.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hi All,

I got my NOC2 approval notice for I-129F in the mail yesterday. I've two questions if someone can help me with...

1- On Noc2 my (Petitioner) middle initial was misspelled. I call USCIS and submitted a requested over the phone to correct it. Question is, do you know or think if this is going to delay NVC processing? I'm hoping not.

2- Which affidavit of support form to use for Islamabad, Pakistan consulate? I-134 or I-864?

Thanks in advance!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.