meelo

I-864a Help

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi All! I am preparing documents for NVC and I came across a problem. The instructions for the I-864a say they need to be notarized (click here). However there is no place to put a notary stamp nor does it say it in the instructions for the form. What should I do?

Naturalization
July 7, 2014 - N400 packet sent out
July 8, 2014 - N400 packet delivered
July 16, 2014 - Received I-797 in mail
July 25, 2014 - Received the Biometrics notification
August 8, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment
August 12, 2014 - In line for interview scheduling

December 8, 2014 - Text Notification for Interview Scheduled

December 11, 2014 - Received the Interview Letter

January 14, 2015 - Interview(Passed!!!)

February 6, 2015 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

None of the I-864 forms need notarization.

The I-864A does not have a place like the other I-864 forms for a notary, it uses the same language as the other forms, and does not need to be notarized.

Some editions of the Form I-864 and Form I-864A include a jurat to be completed by a notary or by a consular or immigration officer to show that the person signed or acknowledged the signing of the Form I-864 or I-864A under oath. The Form I-864 and Form I-864A, however, provide that they are signed "under penalty of perjury." Thus, 28 USC 1746 (which deals with the legal effect of unsworn statements) makes it unnecessary for Form I-864 and Form I-864A to be signed in the presence of or certified by a notary public or an Immigration or Consular Officer. Note that the jurat has been removed from the January 15, 2006 edition of the Forms I-864 and I-864A. Form I-86EZ is a newer form, and therefore never had the jurat.
http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.jsp?...ad312b1ab639b17

Are the Affidavit of Support forms required to be notarized?

No. The sponsor just has to sign the form. You should know however, when the sponsor signs an Affidavit of Support form, he/she certifies that the information provided, transcript and/or photocopy of tax documentation is true and correct, under penalty of perjury.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/I-864GenInfo-FAQ-Final.pdf

Sometimes the webpages are overlooked and have wording for the older forms. If the form itself complies with the new format that does not need notarization then no notarization is needed.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Which visa are you persuing? CR-1 or K-3 per your profile?

K-3 uses I-134 at the consulate. CR-1 uses I-864 at NVC

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for your help!! Both were approved on the same day so we will go for the CR1.

Naturalization
July 7, 2014 - N400 packet sent out
July 8, 2014 - N400 packet delivered
July 16, 2014 - Received I-797 in mail
July 25, 2014 - Received the Biometrics notification
August 8, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment
August 12, 2014 - In line for interview scheduling

December 8, 2014 - Text Notification for Interview Scheduled

December 11, 2014 - Received the Interview Letter

January 14, 2015 - Interview(Passed!!!)

February 6, 2015 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Thanks for your help!! Both were approved on the same day so we will go for the CR1.

Very good choice, the CR-1 will save you headaches later.

You may want to update profile to show CR-1 http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...rCP&CODE=01

Moving this to NVC forum.

You may also want to join A Candle for Love, that site will prepare you for Guangzhou.

http://candleforlove.com

Hi All! I am preparing documents for NVC and I came across a problem. The instructions for the I-864a say they need to be notarized (click here). However there is no place to put a notary stamp nor does it say it in the instructions for the form. What should I do?

since I am still a student and currently go to college i havent started working yet.........so I dont have any income or tax returns etc...........So either my dad or my brother will be sponsering my husband...........to my understanding i still have to fill out an I-864 even if my income is zero?!?!?!??! and anyone who is sponsering besides me fills out the I-864A????? Thanks alot for your help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

since I am still a student and currently go to college i havent started working yet.........so I dont have any income or tax returns etc...........So either my dad or my brother will be sponsering my husband...........to my understanding i still have to fill out an I-864 even if my income is zero?!?!?!??! and anyone who is sponsering besides me fills out the I-864A????? Thanks alot for your help!

Yes, you still have to complete an I-864.

As for the I-864A - it depends if the joint sponsor is a household member of yours. If yes - they fill out the I-864A - if not, they fill out the I-864.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.