CarpetFuzz

For those of you who have received Green Cards

5 posts in this topic

So, last week we received the welcome letter mailed case status update, followed a few days later by the welcome letter telling us that our case would be approved.

Yesterday, I received the "we've ordered you a new card" update telling us that his card will be mailed as soon as it is ready.

And now today I get this update:

This case has been approved. On June 13, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

Which confused me, because I thought the welcome to America letter was an approval notice. Does this mean they have mailed his card? Or do they send yet another letter stating case approval?

Does anyone have experience with these updates? Or can anyone share their end of AOS experience?

11/11/2005 -- Chris Arrived in US on K-1 Visa

11/21/2005 -- Married in Vegas!

12/05/2005 -- Mailed AOS/EAD

04/05/2006 -- AOS Interview and Bio (issued at the interview)

06/10/2006 -- Welcome letter arrives

06/23/2006 -- Green Card Arrives

Lifting Conditions

03/10/2008 -- Mailed I-751 Packet to USCIS

03/14/2008 -- NOA Arrives!! (also check is cashed)

04/07/2008 -- Bio Appt Letter Arrives!

04/17/2008 -- Bio Appt

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
So, last week we received the welcome letter mailed case status update, followed a few days later by the welcome letter telling us that our case would be approved.

Yesterday, I received the "we've ordered you a new card" update telling us that his card will be mailed as soon as it is ready.

This case has been approved. On June 13, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

Which confused me, because I thought the welcome to America letter was an approval notice. Does this mean they have mailed his card? Or do they send yet another letter stating case approval?

Does anyone have experience with these updates? Or can anyone share their end of AOS experience?

You get two letters in the mail, usually, any way. The Welcome to America letter, then a seperate letter which will have the Green Card itself. Seems that yes, they have mailed the card and you should be getting them just as soon as the good old US Postal service can send them over. Congrats!

Any information I post is based upon my personal experience only. I am not a lawyer.

You get two letters in the mail, usually, any way. The Welcome to America letter, then a seperate letter which will have the Green Card itself. Seems that yes, they have mailed the card and you should be getting them just as soon as the good old US Postal service can send them over. Congrats!

Awesome news! Thank you so much for your input!

Lifting Conditions

04/17/2008 -- Bio Appt

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My wife had the same thing happen yesterday with her EAD. Last week, we got an e-mail that her EAD was approved and a new card was ordered. Then yesterday we got a e-mail stating the application was approved and an approval notice will be mailed to her.

I'm not sure what to think of the second e-mail, other than it may be something that gets sent out even though it does not neccessarily apply to the particular case.

Removal of Conditions (I-751)

August 16/08: VSC received I-751

August 22/08: check cashed (certainly did not waste any time)

September 11/08: Received NOA 1

September 15/08: Rec'd Biometrics Appointment Letter

October 02/08: Biometrics Completed

March 04/09: File transferred to CSC

June 01/09: Letter stating Petition Approved and Card Production ordered

July 12/09: Card Production ordered e-mail

July 13/09: Received card in the mail

AOS

March 27/06: Sent I-485

March 31/06: NOA 1

April 4/06: Rec'd NOA 1

April 5&6/06: Touched

May 4/06: Rec'd Biometrics Appointment Letter

May 23/06: Biometrics Appointment

May 26/06: Touched

July 22/06: Rec'd Appointment for Interview

Sept 12/06: Interview

Sept 18/06: Rec'd Welcome to USA letter

Sept 26/06: Rec'd Green Card

My wife had the same thing happen yesterday with her EAD. Last week, we got an e-mail that her EAD was approved and a new card was ordered. Then yesterday we got a e-mail stating the application was approved and an approval notice will be mailed to her.

I'm not sure what to think of the second e-mail, other than it may be something that gets sent out even though it does not neccessarily apply to the particular case.

I'm jealous that you even heard anything about the EAD!!! We never did. What a waste.

But I'm glad to know that I wasn't to the only one to be puzzled by their cryptic messages.... Thanks for sharing!

Lifting Conditions

04/17/2008 -- Bio Appt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.