Daniel Brillit

Colombia Club Part II

2,910 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi Kenny,

don't worry if your fiancee never gets the appointment letter, she can check the list of appointments and print the page with your BGT number, this is enough to show the doctor, to pay the visa fee and bring the day of the interview.

List of scheduled appointments

packet 4

Hello ♫ yakad ♫ and Everyone

Thanks for your responses..

We're pretty anxious...

Kenny

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Great news, Kenny!

And, it's also good to see that most things can be done by printing the appointment page from the embassy website. We should be receiving her Packet 3 in the next week or two. We have everything from the website, but I'm interested to see if it physically makes it to her place.

I'm going to make my first call to DOS today. Hopefully, the consulate will have our file today and we can send in the P3 later today or on Monday.

As a side note, I think Colombia is getting tired of seeing me. I got a 30-day visa last night instead of the usual 60-day that I've always had. Not a big deal since I'm staying two and a half weeks but, now I'm a bit concerned about being let back in when her interview comes around (sometime in Oct or Nov is my guess). Maybe it's the number of trips I've made this year (6), but I'm sure I'm nowhere near the 180 day/per year limit for tourists... Including this trip, I think it'll be around 80 days total... hmmm

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Timeline

Hey ryna, good to hear from you, have a wonderful time... It seems like you spend much more time down there than me.. Either way, it's a wonderful place to be...

Kenny

Edited by kennym

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey ryna, good to hear from you, have a wonderful time... It seems like you spend much more time down there than me.. Either way, it's a wonderful place to be...

Kenny

Thanks, Kenny. Yeah, I've been somewhat fortunate that I've been able to spend some time with her over the course of the year. It has made this wait a little more bearable.

And, after doing a little research, it seems that 30 and 60 day visas are the norm and that this particular DAS agent might just have been the first to match the visa issued with the length of my visit. In the past, for stays of anywhere from 4-27 days, I always got 60-day visas. This time, when I told him 18 days, he said I get 30 days which, honestly, all of the other visas probably should have been based on the lengths of my visits - even the 27 day stay was extended from 18 days. It was just a shock to hear "30 days" and see 30 written in the passport..

But, I'm not too worried anymore because I know the 30 day visa is a standard length tourist visa (and I know I'm well under the 180 day limit).

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Congratulations to Ginna & Gerald on the approval of their visa!!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/272610-approved/page__gopid__4170617#entry4170617

7-30-07 - Met in Santa Marta, Colombia

9-19-08 - Engaged

7-13-10 - I-129F sent by USPS Expressmail to VSC;

10-18-10 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!! (Received in hand 10-22-10)

11-12-10 - Sent email to Embassy asking about petition; response "Petition rec'd; send in documents"; sent same day

11-24-10 - Called the Department of State; interview has been scheduled

11-29-10 - Package 3 received by beneficiary

01-19-11 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

01-27-11 - Passport received; visa in hand

02-08-11 - POE - Fort Lauderdale, Fla MISSED FLIGHT; 02-10-11 - POE second time's the charm. Easy POE. Welcome to the USA.

03-04-11 - Married

AOS

05-08-11 - Mailed out I-485, I-765 & I-131;

05-16-11 - Text & email msgs with Receipt Number

05-17-11 - Applied for Expedited AP as Victoria's mother was very ill; 05-18-11 - Picked up AP document

05-20-11 - Victoria returns to Colombia; NOA1 for all 3 forms arrive

06-03-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE 06-07-11 - RFE arrives for 2010 Tax Return

06-08-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Post Office returned a letter that was sent by USCIS; 06-09-11 - Issue resolved

06-14-11 - RFE response sent; 06-21-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE response under review

06-29-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Case transferred to CSC

08-30-11 - Victoria returns to US

08-31-11 - Biometrics done; Text message - "EAD Card Production ordered"

09-11 - Case transferred back from CSC

11-22-11 - Interview in Albany Field Office. AOS APPROVED.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

that is crazy....we are waiting at least 5 months to just get into the NOA2 stage, CR1 is incredibly slow. Why the huge difference? Honestly it makes me a little pissed off

Edited by apeters

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Timeline

Just a quick and informal poll here -

How many days after you were approved did it take Domesa to deliver your visa, and to where did it get delivered? Trying to estimate how long our wait might be for delivery to Medellin. And for those who stayed on in Bogota to pick it up themselves at the Domesa office, how long for that? So we can decide if it's worth it for Vanessa to stay on and pick it up, or just go home & wait, not to mention planning for the plane trip...

VanessaDanA600x450.jpg

10-11-2008 Dan & Vanessa First Meet Online

01-15-2009 Dan's First Visit To Vanessa In Colombia

06-27-2009 We Are Engaged!

07-01-2009 Vanessa Asks Her Long Estranged Panamanian Ex For An Official Divorce

10-12-2009 Panama Approves Vanessa's Divorce But DOESN'T MAIL HER ANY NOTICE!!!

01-15-2010 We FINALLY Obtain A Div Cert From The Footdragging Idiots In Panama

02-25-2010 Our Completed I-129 Application Package Dropped Off With The Lawyer

03-01-2010 Lawyer Finds & Fixes Several Errors & Submits Package to VSC

03-10-2010 NOA-1

03-15-2010 Touched

06-01-2010 NOA-2

06-03-2010 NVC Received & New Case # Issued

06-15-2010 NVC Finally Sent File To Bogota Embassy

06-17-2010 DHL Delivers To Bogota Embassy (and disappears in the mail room for 4 days!)

06-22-2010 E-mailed Completed Packet 3 Forms To Embassy Requesting Interview Date

06-29-2010 DOS Confirms By Phone That We Have An Embassy Interview Date On 12 August!

08-12-2010 Interview Successful But Vanessa Must Return With Missing Paperwork For Final Approval

09-01-2010 Papers Now In Hand BUT Can't Get A New Appointment Until 12 Days After Calling PIN

09-13-2010 Vanessa is APPROVED At Follow-up Interview, Awaiting Visa Delivery In 8 - 10 Business Days

10-03-2010 Planned POE In Fort Lauderdale Florida

10-30-2010 Planned Wedding In Orlando Florida

Click On This Link To See Dan's Video Love Song To Vanessa

How many days after you were approved did it take Domesa to deliver your visa, and to where did it get delivered? Trying to estimate how long our wait might be for delivery to Medellin. And for those who stayed on in Bogota to pick it up themselves at the Domesa office, how long for that? So we can decide if it's worth it for Vanessa to stay on and pick it up, or just go home & wait, not to mention planning for the plane trip...

Officially adding this to my timeline...

• October 7, 2009 - We were approved October 7, 2009
  • October 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla
  • October 19, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio"). :bonk:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Timeline

Approved on a Monday.

Visa ready to be picked up on a Saturday(wasn't ready Friday night).

Basically 5 days.

What is the plan, Dan? :D I would suggest that Vanessa return home and wait for the Diomesa package to arrive. That's my opinion. Things can be difficult to plan due to the variables being so different there. Good luck.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Timeline

Guys,

I made a very VERY VERY STUUUUUPPPPPID Mistake on the DS230 which I noticed today...

Keep in mind, I sent this in on Aug 17th, and already have my Interview date for Oct 7...

The Mistake: I put the wrong DOB for my Fiancee... Instead of putting the correct year, I put 2010... I sent an email to the Embassy, with the corrected form already.. I must've checked and rechecked the form a million times, and I thought I was sure that I had corrected this very same error before sending, but today I looked at the form and noticed the error..

Man I hope this doesn't cause me any problems!!!

I would think this is relatively minor mistake, but does anyone have any thoughts..

Can someone reassure me that the CO's aren't soo critical of stupid errors.. I already sent the correction by email,,, :bonk::bonk::bonk:

Kenny

Timeline

What is the plan, Dan? :D I would suggest that Vanessa return home and wait for the Diomesa package to arrive. That's my opinion. Things can be difficult to plan due to the variables being so different there. Good luck.

agreed!!!

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Guys,

I made a very VERY VERY STUUUUUPPPPPID Mistake on the DS230 which I noticed today...

Your check to USCIS was for $425,000.00 instead of $425? :rofl::help::bonk::wacko:

I wonder if the Bogota embassy will catch that mistake?? :whistle::no::lol:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Timeline

Your check to USCIS was for $425,000.00 instead of $425? :rofl::help::bonk::wacko:

I wonder if the Bogota embassy will catch that mistake?? :whistle::no::lol:

Yea the would have been a problem, then I'm sure I would have been dealing with a Felony Theft charge.. :rofl:

Yea, it doesn't appear they caught it since they scheduled the appointment.. Her age is entered correctly.. Maybe it's no big deal... I just hope I didn't make it worse by sending in the corrected forms by email...

Anyhow, hope all is well with you and your wife...

Kenny

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.