MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I had my wife's IR1 case completed with NVC on 07-10-2009 (Found through NVC Automated system). I called NVC and the nice lady told me that there were no interview dates available at islamabad for the month of August 2009.

They schedule the interviews during the first two weeks of every month for the interviews to be conducted in the following month, so I should call back in the third week of August to find the interview date.

I am surprised, that it will take more than a month just to schedule the interview date. I want to be with her at the interview time but unless I know the date, I cannot plan ahead.

Is anybody out there who had the same experience?

Anyway keep it up. Nice forum.

Yes, the same thing happend to me. Our case was completed by the second week of june, but interview date was available in July, so they gave us an interview date in August. Yours will probably be in September and NVC might mail you that letter in this month as we got ours on June 24 for an August interview. Good luck!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I had my wife's IR1 case completed with NVC on 07-10-2009 (Found through NVC Automated system). I called NVC and the nice lady told me that there were no interview dates available at islamabad for the month of August 2009.

They schedule the interviews during the first two weeks of every month for the interviews to be conducted in the following month, so I should call back in the third week of August to find the interview date.

I am surprised, that it will take more than a month just to schedule the interview date. I want to be with her at the interview time but unless I know the date, I cannot plan ahead.

Yes, the same thing happend to me. Our case was completed by the second week of june, but interview date was available in July, so they gave us an interview date in August. Yours will probably be in September and NVC might mail you that letter in this month as we got ours on June 24 for an August interview. Good luck!!

Thanks for the update REHAN and wish you GOOD LUCK with the interview. Please keep us updated after the interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello all.

I am about to file I 130 for my wife, from NY and interview will be at Islamabad, Pakistan.

I found this site specialy this thread to be very useful and informative, since i really have no idea how this process is done.

I hope I will get help from friends on this forum to guide me thru this process. I would like to add my background:

Married in december 2008, stayed in pakistan for almost 2 months and again went to meet my wife this june 09 for 3 weeks. Now i am planning to file for I 130, I see alot of ppl are going K3 route to bring their spouse, but I think i'l take I 130 route.

We are expecting baby in 3 weeks, and we are sure its baby Girl :):dance: I think my baby will be US citizen by birth since i am citizen, ? right?

OK here is what i want to do, and ask for any input to correct me if i am wrong.

I plan to visit pakistan in jan next year to see my daughter, and i would like to, while i am there, apply for her CRBA , Councelor Report of Birth Abroad , and also apply for her US passport. Now while i will be doing thet my wife's I 130 would be pending into 6th month in process at that time.

My question is , will US Embassy let me get my child;s CRBA and US passport before my wife's interview? or they will insist that we wait for interview.?

Another qustion is Am I filing for I 130 only OR i have to file I 485 to adjust status, green card application along with I 130?

Thank you .

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ok wife is going to the interview on Aug 3rd...

Question on fees:

it states:

"In addition you will be required to pay an IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PROCESSNG FEE of us$400 or the equivalent in pakistani rupees for per person. If $380 fee has already been paid on your behalf at the national visa center in the united states before 31st December 2007, you do not require to pay additional fee.

If you are applying for a V, K3 or K1 "finance(e)" visa, your fee is $131 or equivalent in Pak Rupees for per person.

Please bring the exact change."

So my question is do i pay $131 and $400 or just $131? I am applying for K3

thanks...

Timeline
Hello all.

I am about to file I 130 for my wife, from NY and interview will be at Islamabad, Pakistan.

I found this site specialy this thread to be very useful and informative, since i really have no idea how this process is done.

I hope I will get help from friends on this forum to guide me thru this process. I would like to add my background:

Married in december 2008, stayed in pakistan for almost 2 months and again went to meet my wife this june 09 for 3 weeks. Now i am planning to file for I 130, I see alot of ppl are going K3 route to bring their spouse, but I think i'l take I 130 route.

We are expecting baby in 3 weeks, and we are sure its baby Girl :):dance: I think my baby will be US citizen by birth since i am citizen, ? right?

OK here is what i want to do, and ask for any input to correct me if i am wrong.

I plan to visit pakistan in jan next year to see my daughter, and i would like to, while i am there, apply for her CRBA , Councelor Report of Birth Abroad , and also apply for her US passport. Now while i will be doing thet my wife's I 130 would be pending into 6th month in process at that time.

My question is , will US Embassy let me get my child;s CRBA and US passport before my wife's interview? or they will insist that we wait for interview.?

Another qustion is Am I filing for I 130 only OR i have to file I 485 to adjust status, green card application along with I 130?

Thank you .

I believe you can file for your daughter at any time as it has nothing to do anything with your wifes interview. Thats a totally different process all in all. AOS is if you have entered US on a K3 visa and want to adjust your status. So if you are about to apply the I-130 to go the CR1/IR1 route, then you simply have to pay the initial fees to file the petition...then eventually you will pay $70 for the affidavit of support and then $400 for the IV (immigrant visa).

hope this helps a little bit

Ok wife is going to the interview on Aug 3rd...

Question on fees:

it states:

"In addition you will be required to pay an IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PROCESSNG FEE of us$400 or the equivalent in pakistani rupees for per person. If $380 fee has already been paid on your behalf at the national visa center in the united states before 31st December 2007, you do not require to pay additional fee.

If you are applying for a V, K3 or K1 "finance(e)" visa, your fee is $131 or equivalent in Pak Rupees for per person.

Please bring the exact change."

So my question is do i pay $131 and $400 or just $131? I am applying for K3

thanks...

I believe for the k3 you simply have to pay the $131 at the interview

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We had to wait FOUR months for our interview and then SIXTEEN months after the interview for the visa. So, don't feel so depressed=)

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

My husband;s interview was on July 16th, he was put on AP but we were told that case has been approved. The CO kept the passport so I was hoping for a quick visa but I called DOS and it looks like the same 4-6 months process.. anyone had that experience?

oh and also, they scanned my husband's photos before the fingerprinting.. any significance?

Marriage January 23, 2005

USCIS

August 14, 2006- I-130 Sent

September 22, 2008- NOA 1 Received

September 17, 2008- Became a USC

September 18, 2008- Upgraded I-130

March 20, 2009 - NOA2 (email)

March 25, 2009- NOA2 (hardcopy Received)

NVC

April 3, 2009 - Case Number Assigned

June 5, 2009 CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

June 9, 2009 Interview Date Assigned

July 16, 2009 Interview AP

August 24, 2009 DOS Operator said "VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED TODAY" Alhamdulillah

August 26, 2009 call from embassy to PICK UP THE PASSPORT :-)

August 27, 2009 Picked up the passport... woohooo!!!

September 9, 2009 US Entry InshaAllah

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

The journey of 4 years, 8 months, and 3 weeks has ended!!!

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
My husband;s interview was on July 16th, he was put on AP but we were told that case has been approved. The CO kept the passport so I was hoping for a quick visa but I called DOS and it looks like the same 4-6 months process.. anyone had that experience?

oh and also, they scanned my husband's photos before the fingerprinting.. any significance?

4-6 mons is an average ; be prepared to wait for longer time. each case is unqiue and no one knows how long s/he will have to wait. Could be 6 mons or less, 10 mons, a year, 2 yrs 6 yrs.. no1 knows...

BE PATIENT!

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Salaam everyone,

Even though the concerned consulate is London, my fiance is a Pakistani citizen.

My fiance interviewed in London for his K-1 visa on May 12, 2009.

He was given a 221(G) request for additional document (namely, his Pakistani passport) at the time of his interview. The CO did not inform him of any checks/AP/AR process at that time.

On June 12, 2009 he sent his Pakistani passport to the embassy. The passport was logged into the embassy's system on June 15, 2009 as DOS has confirmed. But we are still waiting for his visa to print...

We have contacted DOS, the US Embassy in London by email, and even involved my Congressman and Senators. DOS is not telling us that he is any admin processing or any security check. They keep telling us his visa is pending at the US Embassy in London. This is the only information they give. The US Embassy in London has not replied to our email, we emailed them over a week ago and no response. My congressman and senators also have not gotten back to me on the status of my fiance's visa.

We don't know what to make of this situation. The reason I am posting here is because my fiance is a Pakistani citizen so his processing is probably similar to everyone who has gone through the embassy in Islamabad.

We are so frustrated and confused on the status of my fiance's visa issuance. If he is in any type of admin processing, why doesn't DOS tell us? I even asked DOS about an approximate time frame for this "pending" status and I was told there is no estimate. And when I asked about where his file is, I was told the US Embassy in London has his file, and just that it is "pending".

What does it mean when DOS says "pending"? The most frustrating part is that no one is telling us what is going on. If he is in admin processing/security checks, why don't they just tell us?

We don't know what to do :(

We hope to find some support here.

We pray to Allah to please rid this pain of pending/AP/AR for anyone going through this difficult process. May Allah grant everyone who is waiting the fruit of their patience very, very soon, Ameen!

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

I just wanted to add that DOS has given us this other piece of information, but I don't think it is of any help:

A DOS representative told me while checking the status of my fiance's case that "The US Embassy in London has not transferred his file to the next database for printing. It is still in the first one." When I asked what that means, she told me that when they transfer to the second database, then it is in queue for printing. His case is still at the US Embassy in London, and is yet to be internally transferred."

What does this mean?

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I must admit this forum has been a little quiet ever since Kris and Whaeed got their visa situation resolved. I hope everyone's visa process coming along well. My fiance' got her K1 interivew next Monday July 27th. I hope it goes all well.

Timeline

I agree Manohar...

Marm...I guess the embassy is doing some work on it internally. Your best bet would be to follow up with the embassy and make sure things are in order. Hopefully they will print the visa soon. keep your fingers crossed

.png

He was given a 221(G)

Hello MARM!

What is 221(g)?

The 221(g) is a section of the US Immigration and Nationality Act, which is used when the embassy or consulate are unable to take immediate action on a visa case. In rare cases, when additional processing is required, the suspense category used in that case is 221(g) while the additional processing takes place. For example, sometimes the applicant has failed to bring in the correct documentation, has incomplete information or in some cases the embassy wants a co sponsor before they will issue the visa or health reasons are all reasons a 221(g) is issued. In the Middle East/African/ Asian countries these applicants are scrutinized and screened more intensely and thus they have to wait out longer security or fraud investigations until all verifications for security or suspected fraud come back cleared.

Source: US Immigration and Nationality Act located on the web at: http://149.101.23.2/graphics/lawsregs/INA.htm

It simply means that they are doing some checks and case pending mean that its in AP.

So let them do their checks and be paptient.

Here the ppl are waiting since years,months.I was interviewed on Nov 10 2008, still in AP.

Lets pray for anyone who are in this dark whole.

InshaAllah he will get his visa soon. :thumbs:

Edited by Sibtain

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.