MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Oh I also have a couple questions about the DS230, guys.

And if so, what did you guys do about the police certificate? My wife tried and they said you cannot get a police certificate unless you get the letter from the embassy. Does that have to be sent in with the DS230 packet or can we send it in later?

Do I understand this correctly: my wife can send me a filled out DS230 now (besides the signature and the date) plus all the accompanying documents so I can send them in to the NVC from the US? I searched a lot but I couldn't find what documents exactly need to be submitted with the DS-230 packet. Also did you send certified translation of the birth and marriage certificates, or the originals?

I think she has to sign a release of agent form or something like that for u to do all of it. Mary can help you on it she is very knowledgeable

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My love have not heard from Islamabad yet. I just can't wait to go see her wen she gets her visa. tell me tell me how long do I have to suffer more? anyone knows how long does it take from ISB receiving the package from NVC to issue visa. Give me some advance ideas to get it done fast.

LoveU.jpg

Well man i don't think it takes more than 4 weeks from NVC and embassy, but if in your case if its more than that then may be you will hear something in few days. and once the interview is schedule try your best to be with her at interview. and pray for a quick AP. thats all i could suggest you.

Best of Luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to get my wife ready for the NVC stage well ahead of time by getting her vaccinations done... There is a list of vaccinations HERE but it is unlikely that my wife will need them all. So, I was wondering if everyone could tell me (specially the females) what vaccinations they asked you to take?

Thanks!

You cannot get your medical done until you have the letter from the embassy saying you are going to have an immigrant interview. In that letter it states to get your medical done with xxxx doctors. At the medical they will see what vaccinations your wife will need. Sometimes you are considered older and not needing all of them. It is up to the doctor as to which ones she will be required to have. If you can get her old records and show which ones she had at the medical it would be great.

Also, you cannot get the police reports without a letter (or was in the past). The reasons for this is that some certificates are only valid for 60 days in some providence and longer in others and could expire before the interview. Wait a little longer on the police certificates at least until you get the interview letter.

Oh I also have a couple questions about the DS230, guys.

And if so, what did you guys do about the police certificate? My wife tried and they said you cannot get a police certificate unless you get the letter from the embassy. Does that have to be sent in with the DS230 packet or can we send it in later?

Do I understand this correctly: my wife can send me a filled out DS230 now (besides the signature and the date) plus all the accompanying documents so I can send them in to the NVC from the US? I searched a lot but I couldn't find what documents exactly need to be submitted with the DS-230 packet. Also did you send certified translation of the birth and marriage certificates, or the originals?

When my husband was going through this process they send the DS-230 part 1 to me here in the states. I then forwarded it to Pakistan and he had to sign and date it. He then sent it directly to the NVC. The embassy in the past sent the DS-230 part 11 when they were getting ready for the interview. So much has changed since we filed and maybe someone else can verify your steps. I thnk now since Islamabad does not schedule the interviews that NVC does you will actually get the DS-230 parts 1 and 11 from the NVC now. I am thinking you need someone to advise who did this recently or have just a little more patience. I would rather wait than not submit all documents and get stuck in AP for missing or incomplete documentation.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html Check out this link it describes the documents that are needed for an immigrant interview. Good luck.

Edited by MaryandMian

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Congratulations!!!!!

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Timeline
Good news guys :dance: They approved her :dance: Will post her interview experience tommorow. :thumbs:

Congratulations to you both!

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
...At the medical they will see what vaccinations your wife will need.
Thanks for the reply Mary. I know the vaccinations aren't necessarily the same but if anyone has info on what vaccinations they had to take I can figure out which ones are necessary across the board. I figure it will save some time later on, especially if they're multi-shot vaccinations, besides hep B.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Good news guys :dance: They approved her :dance: Will post her interview experience tommorow. :thumbs:

Congratulations to you both!

Thankyou Mary, browneyedgirl & ybutt20. It feels real good to avoid AP hell. As for her interview, it wasn't very long. She was in at 8 & was out by 9.30. She said the CO only asked her the following questions:

Q. how did you meet?

Q. Are you two cousin or related to one another?

Q. How many Kids do you have? (to which she said she is just engaged & CO smiled)

Q. Why do you wanna marry him?

Q. What is yours & his phone number?

Q. When will you get married?

After all of that, the CO said your case is st8 forward & you will hear from us in a week & gave her maroon/red slip.

Oh btw Mary, I was gonna ask you. Whats the next step wheneva she gets here & how much is the fees for AOS? Thanks in advance.

No western has ever come close to this one....and no western ever will.

once-upon-a-time-in-the-west2.jpg

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Kris we be in chicago the weekend of 13 , will look you up, i got to go to consulate. we coming back to states on April 8th, get ap doe and we brig him home with us!!!!

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

hello all!

This is a very good thread. I am new at the forum, please answer this question!! For IR1/CR1, are they Scheduling the interviews at NVC or does US Embassy in Islamabad schedules the interviews???? And how long it takes to Schedule the interview now a days???

Timeline
Oh btw Mary, I was gonna ask you. Whats the next step wheneva she gets here & how much is the fees for AOS? Thanks in advance.

You will need to marry before 90 days expire after her POE as you know. If she is going to work you will need to apply for her an EAD. If she will be a homemaker do not bother with this step. If she would need to travel before her AOS is completed you will also need to apply for a travel document.

Here is the link to the AOS Guides. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

Social Security Card Information: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=ssn

As of today here are the forms and the fees associated with these forms.

1. G-325a Biographic sheet $000.00

2. I-864 Affidavit of Support 000.00 The Department of State charges 70.00 to process this document

3. I-485 Adjustment of Status 1010.00 (930.00 for document filing and 80.00 for biometrics appt.)

4. I-131 Advance Parole (Travel) 305.00 (Only if she cannot wait for the I-131 to be approved)

5. I-765 Employment 340.00 (Only if she will be in the work force and needs to work as soon as possible)http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1k3ead

Here are some tips about the filing for Adjustment of Status for K-1 Fiance Visa holders

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&page=k1aos

I did not have to do these steps since my husband got the CR-1 visa. Please look over all the information and links that I posted. Good luck and congratulations again.

hello all!

This is a very good thread. I am new at the forum, please answer this question!! For IR1/CR1, are they Scheduling the interviews at NVC or does US Embassy in Islamabad schedules the interviews???? And how long it takes to Schedule the interview now a days???

NVC schedules the interviews now and it has been running 2 months or longer once you are completed at the NVC.

Timeline

Hi fruitcake

:lol: I wish you could bring him back with you :lol:

Have a good flight and best wishes for you both :luv:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey guys, so can anyone tell me which vaccines they asked you to take at the medical? I would make a new thread about it but I figure I already have the best target audience because the vaccines, besides being age- and gender-specific can also be country-specific.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.