MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hello! I'm Mahitab aka “DreamLove”. I created this new id because I had issues with my old account. Samir and I just wanted to update all of you who may remember us from the Dust Collector's thread and also on this Islamabad thread. We are now living together in USA and loving every moment of it. I finally left Pakistan in the late part of June, dear husband joined me and is enjoying his new cultural experiences. We are also now expecting our first child together-Alhamdulillah. I wish to thank those who helped me and Samir wishes to express his thanks to Sibtain especially for being so kind and caring during this process.I want to congratulate Sibtain on getting his visa and also those newbies that I have not met yet. Also, I wish to thank Zain and Fariha for your love and support from start to finish with the paperwork and also in Pakistan.

It feels great to be be spending our first Ramadan together in the USA and I almost feel as if it is a dream. We had dreamed of this moment and when it became reality it swept us off of our feet. Again thanks to everyone who helped us unselfishly and stuck by our sides without misguiding us. Our journey was not as long as we expected it to be and Samir did not have to undergo lengthy Administrative Processing in which we were afraid of and we were thinking would occur-Alhamdulillah.....Allah is truly great! For those still waiting keep the faith and know that if something is meant to be nothing can prevent it from taking place-no matter how long it may take! If two people are meant to be together (by Allah's will) then nobody can prevent it from happening.

:thumbs:

Hello Mahitab!

I m so happy to see u here after a long time,and you are together now.

Now Mahitab you guys wil have to file (AOS) before samir will complete 2 years.So just be ready and prepare for that.

Congrats from my side once again and i hope i will see u around.

Allah Hafiz :star:

Thanks and I hope u and ur wife reunite soon Insha'Alllah!

dev060bf___.png

ticker.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have a question, hopefully someone here can help me.

A friend of mine filed I-130 for his family (wife and kids) few years ago as a LPR. After a long wait of 4-5 years, the application reached NVC. Just recently he became a US citizen. How can he get his case upgraded. He called NVC and one agent told him to refile I-130 for the kids (not wife) with INS and pay all the fees again. Another agent on another day told him to file I-130 again for all kids (not for wife) with INS and without paying any fees, and also send the copy of Naturalization certificate to NVS with a cover letter. IS this the right way. His concern is that the elder children is getting close to 21st birthday and filing another I-130 with INS will start the process all over again.

Please reply with detailed answers if you or someone you know has gone through this.

Thanks

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

All he needs to do is send a copy of the cover letter or uscis case acceptance letter, with a copy of his citizenship to nvc. their adress can be obtained from the website. make sure the case number is there, The case usually gets a jump wen it is upgraded from Green card to citizen sponsor.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Mary Fatima .. Laney andy news on the citizenship front on your sides of the country??

Faisel yes arent you the little cutie bhai!!

Hey all EID Mubarek and may it be blessed with friends and family around!!

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Eid Mubarak guys....quick question, can we bring photo albums into the embassy or is it preferred just to bring a stack of pictures?

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hey Girl!

no - no news (probably becuase we have not mailed anything :( )

.. we have all the papers ready, got the tax transcripts last week and he has been studying... but we probably won't mail the packet until next week.

too much going on now that he started his own business!!!

howdy to all the 05-06 ISL alumni!! I hope things are going great.

Laney

Mary Fatima .. Laney andy news on the citizenship front on your sides of the country??

Faisel yes arent you the little cutie bhai!!

Hey all EID Mubarek and may it be blessed with friends and family around!!

11-08-05 Interview

11-08-05 A/R with full set of fingerprints

12-23-05 45 day minimum - only fingerprints are back

12-30-05 Still waiting for results at DOS

01-23-06 I-130 Approved (via email on Friday the 13th) (Got to NVC 2/6/06)

01-27-06 Still Waiting - 80th day of A/R

02-08-06 You have got to be kidding me.......

02-16-06 Receive letter from Embassy to return with emails and passports! (DOS complete 1/12/06)

02-19-06 Flight from Karachi to Islamabad

02-21-06 Drops off recent chats and old passport at Embassy

02-21-06 Embassy Issues Visa!!! YaaaaFreeeakinHooo!

02-22-06 Flight from ISL to Karachi (dont get me started on why they could not just hand him his passport yesterday)

02-23-06 - Argue with AMEX for an hour to make them look for the embassy shipment

02-28-06 - He's here..... now off to AOS!

05-12-06 - EAD Card Received

07-23-06 - After 10 weeks, SSN in hand!

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

07-25-06 - AOS 'semi-approved' waiting FBI name check GRR!!

09-23-06 - Welcome Notice in the Mail!!!

08-04-08 NOA 1 Removing Conditions

08-28-08 Bio Appt

01-02-09 Nothing, not even a touch! I was really hoping one step would go smooth.

01-27-09 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! Yaahoo, finally!!! Next Step Naturalization.

11-09-09 N-400 Delivered - Phoenix

03-16-10 Oath Ceremony - Denver CO - DONE! DONE! DONE!

Don't ask me anything, I'm making this up as I go along

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Cindi nothing new to report here really. He got his citizenship back in June and we are officially done with immigration. Hope all is going well with you and your family and belated EID Mubarak!

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Sorry to bother you all again. Remember a few weeks ago I asked about the interviews in Pakistan for a friend of mine? His children got an interview date which is right around the corner. However, the embassy did not send the children anything at all. The letter with interview date and time, as well as the required documents list was sent to him (father) via email. Is this normal? They found the authorized physician and made appointments for medical exams, etc. He's just worried about the "packet 3, 4, 5" etc. which everyone mentions. Nothing came from the embassy except that email. I even tried emailing the embassy for him but got no response.

Any advice or information you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

PS-this is a CR-1 petition for the kids.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.