Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
mahzesh.. they returned our originals to us at the interview and we were happy to have them back.. can't afford to lose original marriage certificate, birth certificates and all that!

I called DOS today morning,first thing. Lady on the phone asked me whether my husband has got the call to send his passport and I told her no.So she said he'll be getting it soon but didn't say when but said soon. So I am bit happy and relaxed and still hopeful he maybe able to make it before Sept 15th (my due date)...oh yeah glass is half full

thats a good news.. inshaAllah he will be with you soon.

Congratulations on a baby too, do let us know if it's a girl or a boy, when the time comes :-)

Marriage January 23, 2005

USCIS

August 14, 2006- I-130 Sent

September 22, 2008- NOA 1 Received

September 17, 2008- Became a USC

September 18, 2008- Upgraded I-130

March 20, 2009 - NOA2 (email)

March 25, 2009- NOA2 (hardcopy Received)

NVC

April 3, 2009 - Case Number Assigned

June 5, 2009 CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

June 9, 2009 Interview Date Assigned

July 16, 2009 Interview AP

August 24, 2009 DOS Operator said "VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED TODAY" Alhamdulillah

August 26, 2009 call from embassy to PICK UP THE PASSPORT :-)

August 27, 2009 Picked up the passport... woohooo!!!

September 9, 2009 US Entry InshaAllah

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

The journey of 4 years, 8 months, and 3 weeks has ended!!!

.png

Timeline
Congratulations Sibtain! When are you going???

Thanks.

I am planing to go after Eid.Coz i wanna be celebrate this Eid with my family in pakistan.

Praying for all. :thumbs:

woww after going through such a long AP, you are not gonna do eid with your wife.. is she still talking to you?!? (j/k)

have fun with family and Congratulations again!

USCIS

NVC

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks.

I am planing to go after Eid.Coz i wanna be celebrate this Eid with my family in pakistan.

woww after going through such a long AP, you are not gonna do eid with your wife.. is she still talking to you?!? (j/k)

I just called DOS again and the energizer bunny is still going....and keep going.CO said its still pending like a broken record and then there is next week.And now i m just gonna watch final destination 4.

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations on a baby too, do let us know if it's a girl or a boy, when the time comes :-)

Inshallah to that and I hope he does get here by the time :)) and inshallah I'll post you guys with the good news and thankyou specially because its you who gave me the number to call DOS :))...now I am waiting crazily when my husband will actually recieve the call

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Inshallah to that and I hope he does get here by the time :)) and inshallah I'll post you guys with the good news and thankyou specially because its you who gave me the number to call DOS :))...now I am waiting crazily when my husband will actually recieve the call

Mahzesh, When was your fiance's interview?

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ap In Islamabad :"soo many Khans, not enough time"

BTW nice pic Feisal. !! Are you sure you old enough to get married??

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

just kidding lil bhai

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Timeline

Hi guys, listen, we got an email today from NVC that says our interview is scheduled for October 20th. It gives a link for interview preperation and stuff, but it doesn't say if we should expect anything. I don't know what to do for the medical? It says to go to the Aziz clinic, but should he be getting a packet 3.5? Or is that just for the K-visas? Plz do let me know...we would like to get the medical done asap, but not sure if we need something else before we schedule it....thanks.

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Timeline

oh awesome... thats what you wanted,sometime in October :-)

Just take the interview letter to your medical appointment.. In Karachi, my husband was required to make an appointment, however, I have heard that Aziz clinic in Isb/pindi actually takes walk-in as well.. you can just go there with you interview letter. Ask him to call before he goes! and don't worry about taking the medical asap..they prefer the closest-to-interview medicals, just schedule something for early october :-)

USCIS

NVC

.png

Timeline

Thanks.

I just called DOS again and the energizer bunny is still going....and keep going.CO said its still pending like a broken record and then there is next week.And now i m just gonna watch final destination 4.

yours should be in the same time frame as us but then who knows what they are doing... just keep calling to keep yourself informed of any action taken on your application! Good luck, it will be over soon!

USCIS

NVC

.png

Timeline

no problems.. he should be getting the call soon. If you want you can send an inquiry to Islamabad embassy as well at PakIVQuery@state.gov and usually they reply within 24 hours if they are about to issue the visa. :-)

USCIS

NVC

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

no problems.. he should be getting the call soon. If you want you can send an inquiry to Islamabad embassy as well at PakIVQuery@state.gov and usually they reply within 24 hours if they are about to issue the visa. :-)

w4a u shud really consider paralegal career.

Hi guys, listen, we got an email today from NVC that says our interview is scheduled for October 20th. It gives a link for interview preperation and stuff, but it doesn't say if we should expect anything. I don't know what to do for the medical? It says to go to the Aziz clinic, but should he be getting a packet 3.5? Or is that just for the K-visas? Plz do let me know...we would like to get the medical done asap, but not sure if we need something else before we schedule it....thanks.

ABENITEZ thats a good news ...Good Luck.

Congrats for interview date in October as you were wishing. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.